Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate kasier.

1. Default Re: Rate kasier.

I'm hate the command system. Hotkeyed skills should charge your gauge just as fast as key combos. Some combos totally screw up fluidity, such as holding down + forward which makes you unable to jump-cast.

Speaking of hotkeys, transformed Kaiser's teleporation skill should be hotkeyable. Using the jump key for this purpose feels very stiff.

The VA sucks. 'Nuff said. (Why did they recycle clips from Luminous? That's so cheesy.)

All in all, not too impressed by the class. Got it to 120 for the level 2 link skill and then quit it forever.

2. Default Re: Rate kasier.

The command system's so bad... but it has one up side:

If you hold the combo for wingbeat and tap attack, you switch up regular attacks with wingbeats automatically.

If monsters had enough HP this would be more useful. (level 80 is already 3hkoing level 100 stuff sooo) But it was fun at level 60 when I had weak wingbeats, and was missing the mobs 80% of the time.

3. Default Re: Rate kasier.

That's basically how I've been training basically. Just hold all 3 buttons down and spam that sword chain thing/your-choice-of-skill, and you'll level very fast while doing something else. Paperweight-training effectively.

BTW has anyone not realised that you can change the skills that are keyed into the combo? Just drag your choice of skill into those combo slots below your gauge. I was terribly amused by it, and decided to allow my Kaiser to jump-command fire bolts while Aswaning -- Defend, so use that to last hit while jumping off to shave a few seconds each time, and charge up a little faster.

That's also how I rarely die/pot in Aswan, because I can spam the command-ed skills without mashing my keys and I'll just keep healing like free. I've basically turned an Aswan hard-defend run into [buff and deploy jr boogie familiar] ... [flies to ballista and command-spam some attack; reads lecture notes in the meantime] routine.

Hadriel

4. Default Re: Rate kasier.

Fun is the only thing I consider when rating a class, and because of that I give Kaiser a 7. Pretty decent speed, nice mobility, lots of flashy skills. It CAN get too repetitive with the fire, and constant focus on transforming, or keyboard smashing to make those extra side moves to fill the gauge. I actually ended up liking Kaiser a lot more than I expected. He's 101 right now, so eh.

I probably enjoy Kaiser so much because he reminds me only a tiny bit of my main, who is an Aran. If I had to compare Kaiser to the last class we just got (Luminous), I'd say Luminous wins that round for fun. Luminous is a complete 10/10 for me. Completely.

5. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Rate kasier.

Well all I can say at the moment is that now that I got used to Verticle Grapple, I like Kaiser.
    He's cool. tenoutaten

6. Default Re: Rate kasier.

I would rate it like 6/10 in general since I don't really like it when new jobs seem to interfere with my main character.

7. Default Re: Rate kasier.

You can grapple again in midair, the 1st job mobility skill also works great

Also...
    > dragon jump into fireball rush

FUN.

8. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default Re: Rate kasier.

I'm enjoying my Kaiser quite a bit, and I like the animations. My only problem with it is that its attacks look really weird when Transfigured because the animations go so freaking fast. They should just slow down the animations so that it looks less like a blender on crack and more like the amazingly strong swordsman Kaiser is said to be.

It could probably stand to be a bit less OP, but I've been trying to enforce normal strength by sticking with low level swords and just let other people enjoy the class as they see fit.

As for the command system. It's not perfect, but I enjoy it quite a bit, and it keeps my keys nice and organized since I don't have to bind three skills to my keyboard. The extra healing from it is really nice too, and I don't usually have to use any potions thanks to it and the third job skill that gives a passive 5% hp/mp recovery every 4 seconds.