Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Someone on reddit posted this link and this is seriously horrible.

http://i.imgur.com/9O60H.jpg

Full thread:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comm..._tragedy_this/

I am sorry but anyone who agrees to any of the comments/posts made in this link will ignored by me
    for the rest of his/her life, and will lose all my respect.

I cannot grasp my head around the fact that people honestly think this way.

This sentence struck to me the most:
    ''Student: Dear god why do you allow violence in school? God: Dear student, i'm not allowed in school''

To be clear, I have nothing against christians but whenever they start pulling crap like this I get extremely angry.
    This is basicly saying.

''Oh well, the guy who shot them couldn't help it. But the school! pineapple them godless piece of crap.''

Discuss?

2. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

I don't see anything to discuss. Anyone who tries to push their political, personal or religious agendas in light of a tragedy either needs to shut up or be punched.

3. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Woulnd't be surprised if they are the same people who said that Mass Effect 3 was the reason of the shooting (Even if it was the brother who likes it and not the actual shooter).

4. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Exactly, people seem to forget the difference between force and allow.
    It's just crazy seeing how many people find this normal

5. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

But that's the problem. The people who actually make such audacious statements seem to sincerely believe they're right when it should be pineappling obvious to ANYONE with common sense that God has a lot to do with a lot of things but linking his being banned from school to school shootings is stupid beyond all measure.

6. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

I fail to see how not having God in schools would have caused it.

So these people are saying that God isn't omnipresent and omniscient enough to know that this was going to happen, and prevent it if that was his will?

Their reasoning is so one-sided.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

No, they're saying he's omnipresent and omniscient, but petty and spiteful as well.

8. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Sad that they view him that way =/

9. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Perhaps surprizingly (for this Huckabee-whoever), the least religious countries also appear to be the most peaceful.

10. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Reading atm, might've spotted one reasonable argument.

I agree with him for the most part (of the bolded part). I don't care about his politics, and I don't think either side would have moral superiority to preach it like: "It's their fault". But I think he's right when he says it's the "moral core and the conscience that needs change"; regardless of faith we (not only the US) need to review values/moral/ethics and so on as a society.

11. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Im going to start reading it now. What is that argument you found?

12. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Ugh, I hate christian zealots. I got in a fight with one on youtube like 2 weeks ago encouraging that Caiden Cowger moron that obama is why homosexuality is so rampent. That he and his administration is creating homosexuality and how "disgusting" how "60%" of his "local" population has converted to the life style.

It was even more annoying because I couldn't find defining evidence that homosexuality is not specifically a life style choice, which frankly I believe is a retarded notion, but my opinion, so he argued that "life style choices" don't infringe on rights. Eventually the discussion led to him denying global warming and a population crisis saying the temperature hasnt really changed since 1995.

Then there's the preacher saying all homosexuals should be punched in the face, I mean really?

13. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

Just going to state that not all Christians should be bunched together as being of this narrow-minded idiocy. Not every Christian is some gay-hating-anti-abortion moron who blames the current situation at hand as a result of God being pushed out of schools and so forth.

Certain Christians, yes. All Christians, no.

14. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Except for the Godless part I would say it has some reason to it. As much as freedom is valued let us not forget that morals and laws both allowed society to come into existence a long time ago, though this is still far off as there's a lot of causes for violence that do have some relation to what he's saying (For example, beating children does has some relationship with future acts of violence) but ultimately cannot be the answer either.

@ImagineAll; Exactly. There's a lot of variance in between how Christians behave so it's unfortunate that the intolerant hardliners of religions tend to be the loudest. Take my country for example, there's a Muslim party that keeps talking about how this and that should be banned when the states they're controlling still has the highest vice rates and I certainly can tell that most Muslims don't think like that, hell, there's even one Muslim party that tends to get flak from them for being moderate!

15. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Ofcourse, anyone with a right set of mind will not make the mistake of bunching them all together.
    Anyone who does that is no better than those few Christians who are saying all this stuff.

16. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

God needed a couple of little angels, they were recruited.

17. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

And in line with this it is really appalling to see these blame games happening every time a tragedy happens. It's hardly just the hardliner Christians, there's all kinds of people out there.

18. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Why not?
    It sounds as if you were saying that morals are irrelevant or as if people acted completely by themselves without society's influence. I could be wrong, so please explain.

19. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

They're both relevant which is why I said there's credibility to what he said. However, there are still other factors that could lead to shootings which would have nothing to do with how civilized we are to each other (Such as jealousy being the motive behind a murder) so while teaching people to be nice to each other and to treat others as how they would like to be treated would reduce such cases by a lot it still wouldn't be enough in this guy's eyes. In part I find fault in his rant about hedonistic policies; so long as your hedonism does not actually hurt someone I don't see the relation between people putting pleasure as a priority and gunning down schoolkids.

Tl;dr: Morals and better social policies are one thing while religion and pleasure is quite another.

20. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

And some people are blaming video games.

And some people are blaming gun control laws.

And some people are blaming the parents.

And some people are blaming God himself.

Can everyone come to their senses and blame who's actually responsible? The killer. End of story.