Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

"Dear god, why do you allow child molestation to occur in Churches? God: Dear student, I'm not allowed in.... oh f'uck."

Saw that on facebook. Made me feel a lot better about all this.

I read today that Anonymous is taking the fight back to Westboro Baptist Church because of all their hate-spewing. There is also a petition to the U.S. Gov. that is requesting that WBC is officially recognized as a hate group.

2. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

I'm glad to hear that. They ARE a hate group plain and simple and the image that Death posted rings true too. Watch as someone out there uses it as 'proof' that religion is what kills people instead of the guy actually responsible for the murder; it'd be idiotic all the same because all of these blame games are just taking out responsibilities from the hands of killers and doling it out to so many parties that no one ever has to feel responsible.

3. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Do you know how much I've spent on skin care for this face? Nuh-uh, that pomegranate ain't happenin.

OT: Ignorant people just love to victim blame. It's sad, really. I agree with Seanny above, for the most part, though that doesn't mean reform isn't needed. Note that's not "blaming" lax gun control or the current state of mental healthcare in the United States, but recognizing they're not as strong as they should be to prevent as much of this tragedy as possible.

4. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Keep the circlejerk on reddit please.

5. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

6. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

honestly, as much as I despise the WBC, I dont think thats fair.

7. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Pretty standard Old Testament stuff, actually. Still not that pleasant to think about.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Yes, but these are supposedly Christians, who believe in the God of the New Testament. The loving, forgiving one.

9. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

There is also this conspiracy theory about the shootings and the Westburo Baptists picketing Sandy Hook to "sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment," which of course Anonymous attacks.

//edit//
    Nvm, WB was already brought up. My apologies for not reading.

10. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Now imagine a version of the killer where each of these things changed.
    No videogames: Every form of media we produce is violent. Left on their own, violent kids play violent actual games, instead of virtual ones.
    No guns: Well, a lot more kids would be alive, and some teachers too.
    Good parents: His mom did not sound like a bad parent from all accounts I've heard. Maybe she could have done a better job.
    No God: Seems like people are already arguing God did nothing, so no change. Alternately, maybe God made him do this for ineffable purposes and it wouldn't have happened.

It's pretty obvious to me which of these makes a certain difference, and which are just excuses to hide the odd one out...

Without even getting into a debate about whether we should change the laws, can we at least acknowledge they would have changed the outcome?

11. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

I wonder if I know anyone who's radically Christian with this kind of mindset.

12. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Yes, it could for better.

and yet still, it's not a nice thing to think about, so most people don't...

it could have for worse too.

Because explosives, poison gases and all other horrible forms of killing are still options for what's an ultimately screwed mind that clearly pre-empted this and had a plan.

I'm not against better gun control, but at the end of the day, no matter how many variables we question, there's always that one constant in any scenario: the mind, and its more dangerous than any weapon. it chooses (either by function or malfunction) which morals to follow or not follow, whether its taught by parents or a religion, regardless of how heavily its emphasized. Or if its stupid enough to draw it from a video game that didn't even suggest anything CLOSE to what it acts on.

13. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

More would have survived but an underlying problem with what you pointed out is that the mind will find ways when it wants one. One of the most horrific incidents of school violence in my country happened when a man rushed in with a knife and was thankfully detained before he could hurt most of the kids, which goes to show that it's important that the mind is also examined.

On the other hand, since it appears that Ryan Lanza didn't have much of a history besides this it's unlikely it would have made a difference this time.

14. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

On the other hand the fact that that was one of the worst examples of school violence in your country, not a grown man murdering 23(?) schoolchildren with a firearm would seem to indicate that gun control would still play a big role.

15. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Yeah, the first sign of problems really shouldn't be when they pick up a gun and open up on innocent victims, but sometimes it happens. And it is thankfully rare. I read ~3 a year in the US. Which means most people are getting the help they need in time... but a couple are not.

16. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

That's the worst incident of school violence but there's a number of gun-related violence anyway, which makes me feel as if there's some other factor that makes these sick murderers target schools over at America.

17. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

since when did god started following human laws

18. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Technically most human laws are based on god's words of wit from dr pomegranate. Although they are now just basic human rights.

19. Default Re: Christians blaming the recent shooting on schools not allowing god.

Sure, I agree with that. Guns should never have existed in the first place, they cause a ton of problems and solve almost none. There would be no reasons to even NEED guns if they didn't exist in the first place. Most potential safety issues that I couldn't handle without a gun are nullified by the fact that the other person doesn't have a gun either; the worst thing that could happen is someone bringing a knife to a crowded area, and that person is quickly going to find that a knife doesn't scare people nearly as much as an automatic weapon does. Of course, explosives are a different issue, but they are for the most part outlawed even here, outside of a few people with special licenses that have a screening process that is actually fit for the danger level of the item in question. Compared to shootings, how often in the media do you hear about a random, unorchestrated bombing that is just done by some guy and not a terrorist organization?