1. Default Login but get download message

Describe the problem. Be as specific as possible!:

Logged in, clicked play but got a "Welcome to Maplestory, to play please download the game" message. I already had the game downloaded and patched since Thursday. Does this mean I need to uninstall/ reinstall the game? Anyone ever had this message once the game was downloaded and you had been playing a while?
    Images of problem

2. Default Re: Login but get download message

My laptop's always done this. I prefer to use GameLauncher anyway.
    My guess is it just doesn't like the browser. Nexon's always favored Internet Explorer for some reason.

3. Default Re: Login but get download message

This issue has started for me lately too. A week or two ago.

4. Default Re: Login but get download message

Had this issue on my desktop, issue went away overnight. Then happened to my laptop yesterday (using firefox) and its still happening 24 hours later but when I tried another browser it worked. Game Launcher wouldn't work on laptop too, keeps saying there's a SC.

5. Default Re: Login but get download message

Yep, no luck.
    Using Firefox now. IE is terrible on my desktop. Slow and everything that has a cookie seems to permanently attach no matter the settings. Is there a trick to make IE more efficient?
    Still happening to me also. Already missed hot time yesterday, don't have a lot of time today to resolve this. Is Nexon in league with Microsoft or something?

6. Default Re: Login but get download message

Registry problem. I believe when you launch the game from the site, some tool they have searches your registry for where GMS is installed, then launches it. The same sort of method is used when you launch from Game Launcher.

This can easily be observed if you install an old version of Maple over a current version. Even if you launch the current versions Game Launcher, the old version will launch.

7. Default Re: Login but get download message

So how can this registry problem be resolved?

8. Default Re: Login but get download message

Reinstalling MapleStory is probably the easiest way. I don't know for sure its a registry thing, I just thought that it was the most plausible option.

9. Default Re: Login but get download message

Thanks for your help. I'll re-install and hopefully that will solve the problem.

10. Default Re: Login but get download message

Well, this happens to me only in Firefox. If i try to launch from IE or Chrome it works fine.

11. Default Re: Login but get download message

Welp, I reinstalled the game, installed the registry backup from a month ago, used Internet Explorer and still can't enter the game. I login just fine but change pages (like check the maplenews page) try to go back and dc. Logged a ticket and got disconnected after submitting. This is pineappleing ridonkulous.

12. Default Re: Login but get download message

I've tried to copy and paste my files from my partitioned drives and it still runs launcher easily but this also means I get the same message you do from the official site. Its kind of annoying but I'm actually very lazy to download the client all over again (4gb sheesh) lol.

13. Default Re: Login but get download message

I don't even have launcher anymore. It quit working sometime ago and subsequent downloads haven't re-instated it.

Got a reply from Nexon:

This ticket has been closed by a GM. Please see below for more details.

Hey there! Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. I realize that ensuring that our game is working without an issue is important, and as a fellow Mapler, I appreciate your report. Additionally, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you.

Currently, I have forwarded your report to the appropriate department for investigation. Should any information regarding this issue become available, it will be posted online at:

http://maplestory.nexon.net/

I know that this will not fix your issue immediately, but please wait as we work on a resolution.

Should you have any questions or concerns in regards to this matter, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.

Thank you for taking your time to help improve Maplestory.

Sincerely,

GM Kanison
    Nexon America, Inc.

Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Nexon representatives will NEVER ask you for your password.

So no hot time, leveling luminous, coins etc. for me until who knows when. Obviously it's not a widespread issue to warrant immediate concern. (Practicing non-attatchment to MS)

14. Default Re: Login but get download message

Even if you don't have the launcher anymore, you can make a launcher. The shortcut you create (or edit) must direct to Nexon\Maplestory\Maplestory.exe GameLaunching. If it doesn't work the 1st time when you edit, make a new shortcut and direct to that.