Thread: Drop rate nerf

1. Default Drop rate nerf

I remember something in one of the countless revamps that made it so when you're 11(?) levels above the monster you're hunting, your drop rate is nerfed by a certain amount.
    Q1: Is this still the case and Q2: What are the accurate numbers?

2. Default Re: Drop rate nerf

The nerf actually starts at 6 levels above. 11 levels above is when you effectively receive nothing except potions, ETC drops, and special quest items. I don't have the precise numbers, though.

3. Default Re: Drop rate nerf

Not sure about Global but it was 6 levels at first for MSEA before it was switched to 11 levels.

4. Default Re: Drop rate nerf

On Global it should be 11 levels or higher and all you get is ETC, potions, quest items and I think rarely equips, scrolls, familiar cards, and such. But to my knowledge mesos are completely gone by 11 levels higher. That is until you get to... 160+? I think it is. Then after that any monster above that level counts as "within your range" even if you are 11 levels higher.

I do believe though once you start going over the monsters level drop rate for that monster is slowly lowered until you hit that 11 level mark.

5. Default Re: Drop rate nerf

Monsters levels 150 and above/bosses do not have the drop rate nerf applied to them.

6. Default Re: Drop rate nerf

Yep. The nerfing starts at 6 above, then increases until 11 above, at which point you're out of luck (unless the monster's above 150 -- I always forget that, haha).

7. Default Re: Drop rate nerf

pineappleing sucks, I was hunting big spider familiar cards, got 1 after a few hours ;-;

And derp, I was all like 'Why aren't mesos dropping?'.

8. Default Re: Drop rate nerf

I think I've heard that familiar cards aren't subject to the droprate nerf in any case? It's just bad luck (and a lowish droprate to begin with). I've been hunting Mutant Snail for almost two levels (160-162), always on a minimum of 1.5x (sometimes 3x) -- and I've only gotten one card. Definitely nothing to do with the nerf in my case.

9. Default Drop rate nerf

Yeah familiars have nothing to do with the drop rate change.