Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Cash0 CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

http://www.youku.com/playlist_show/id_18713263.html

WISH YOU LIKE thank for zhujianwu

2. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

Well it is a worm
    BUT WHO THE HELL CARES!
    That gameplay it's AWESOME
    Finally another boss that it isn't static and actually challenges your personal skills as a player and not just hold down a key...
    Edit as from seeing the second video:
    Well those are some really good looking bosses. Not sure about the difficulty of these ones but that queen it does look really creepy and the atmosphere makes it even better.
    I DO hope those chest keep that drop rate on the MMB.

3. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I suddenly want Kentucky.

AND OMFG IT DOES HIDES AND COMES BACK OUT LIKE A TRUE BADASS WORM. AND THOSE BACKGROUNDS. AND THAT FIGHT. AND THE MUSIC! HNNNNNNNG! NERDGASM.

Ehem...
    This is actually quite awesome.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Is there a "Hard Mode" to these bosses? That's really pathetic at how easy they are...

5. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

Hopefully, they are. Because other than him burrowing into the ground, causing a bunch of damage (which you can avoid by getting out of the way), this giant worm guy looks to be another easily beatable boss.

6. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

The worm boss jumped out of the ground

7. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

They got to have a harder mode. Didn't this had a Death Count? And some "amazing" prizes?

Most likely (Or my desire) is that the one on the video is like Arkairum. A storyline form boss, and a second improved form that is a lot, lot harder to kill.

8. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

well this is pretty cool, getting tired of spam atk on boss that cant move

9. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

The worm appears to be a zakum-esque boss with it dropping Skillbooks and all.

Are we looking at another mid level area...?

omg.. the queen is the best.. shes got some nasty status effects on her swipes..

Also, the gates that you use to go to the bosses area have 2 options.. I imagine they are modes.. but I can't read Chinese.

10. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

It's disappointing how easily they can all be killed. They're so cool!

11. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

Knowing Nexon, a hard mode boss version of each of these will have 300b+ HP.

I like that they're actually doing some innovative bosses, but that wyrm's burrowing is stupid. That's all it does. I got annoyed just watching it.

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

This is exactly what i've been waiting for from nexon. LOTS of boss content accessible to multiple audiences and i feel with the unlimited system they'll be able to have a much more interesting bossing experience.

13. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

Alright I'm here. Let me watch the video and fill you all up.

Rewards are obtained from a chest that is opened by clicking (ok fair). Drops skill books... Level 100 and above for normal mode and 140 for hard/advanced mode. But from the numbers... looks rather challenging for the standard player with standard %stat equipment. The phantoms are doing >500k per hit regularly...

Against Belum, instructions are: "There's no sign of Belum. Let's search around the altar." Belum says "How dare you ignore my warnings and come here again!. I will not show you any mercy this time." Belum is going to be more annoying than fun, but otherwise he's not a difficult boss... not too painful... Also don't step into the green puddles because those are poison, >2k per tick. But man he hits really hard. 15K for borrowing out of the ground. Belum also has a very powerful 25K leaping attack, with a very large range.

Against BanBan, instructions are: Summon BanBan from the crack in time. BanBan (chicken man)'s magic damage is ouch. Those twisted clock things will speed up the timer by a lot! (Thanks Curtiss) They started with about 7 minutes, and in 1 minute's time they're left with 3.30 min! Each "forward" tick chops off 5-15 seconds. Not the kind of DoT you will like. But this is cool!

Pierre's opening words are: "Welcome to Pierre's tea party!" Pierre is... interesting. Falling objects... fine. He moves fast, like Tengu! Hits hard... might have PKB. Has an invulnerability period in which he spins very fast into a fireball (of sorts) and leaves behind a trail of fire that does DoT. Run! Lasts for about 10 sec or so.

For Bloody Queen, instructions are: Talk to the Bloody Queen.

[One-eyed face] "Ahh... the cute [people] have arrived." (in this case, "people" contains the connotation of livestock... or sacrificial people/whatever)
    [Solemn face] "Uncivilised/rude people! How dare you enter or leave the Hall as you please!"
    [Evil face] "Heh heh, since you have come yourself, this will be your grave."
    [Bloody face] "Keke, I express my sadness and regrets over your death."

Solemn face does 25k damage breath attack (for some reason I saw a 50K too). One-eyed face says "I will be your opponent", does some kind of love-y thing [and also] heals 6.3M damage. Evil face says "heh heh, I shall kill all of you", uses a poison pool attack. All faces use a hand-swipe attack that does 2*2.5k~2.8k damage that induces random statuses, including blackout and crazy skull.

Hadriel
    Last edited by hadriel; 2012-12-15 at 05:43 AM.

14. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

THAT MUSIC
    THOSE BOSSES
    THAT DESIGN

*Cough* Sparkly emotes aside, here's what I think:

The bosses are definitely too easy. I suspect that there's an easy and hard mode for these bosses simply because most people would be screwed out of exploring the story if no easy/story mode existed. It'll be awesome if I'm correct on this...if not, perhaps there's a harder boss somewhere later in the update but I've got to give + points for more dynamic bosses, though with that being said the worm boss may get a little annoying with the burrowing.

Did anyone notice a << button flashing by the timer when they fought the chicken boss, by the way? I looked at the time and it skipped a few seconds each time and the queen looks really creepy and her attacks is exactly as nasty as it looks. The last bit of commentary I have is that Damien may indeed be a boss seeing that all of the monsters we've seen thus far look demonic but let's wait for more updates!

15. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

Yup now that you pointed it out BanBan does indeed speed up the timer. Cheers for that. I've editted my commentary.

Hadriel

16. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

Holy pineapple, that is a cool but potentially annoying mechanic. Imagine if people accidentally walk into those just as the boss is almost down! And a sidenote: The music in Pierre's level vaguely reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas.

17. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

What, do you want him to attack with fireballs/staglamites from underground at completely random points on the map while remaining completely invincible during that attack's entire duration due to him being underground?

I think he's good enough as he is...

18. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

Okay was totally not expecting the worm to move at all. That is a real pleasant surprise, even if the animations look a bit odd.

I like the clock chime in the music of that chicken boss. I also like the new mechanic of speeding up the timer. A flaming clown tornado is also pretty cool.

More bosses that drop skill books is fine with me too. I see they also have unique drops as well but i can’t quite make them out. The chicken drops what appears to be a hat of its own head but what do the others drop?

Since the boss change they seem to be making more of a focus on avoiding boss attacks rather than just tanking them. I’m liking it.

19. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

After reading Hadriel's explanations, think the bosses may do too much damage, to be completely honest.

Sure, they have low HP, but they'll 1-hit a lot of classes, and some of these attacks seem pretty hard/nearly impossible to avoid, especially at a 100% chance.

20. Default Re: CMST 071 New BOSS(KMS Unlimited BOSS)

Seems like it, but I've also noticed that characters seem to get revived at roughly the same place which would make this closer to the Arkarium/Von Leon style where you can spawn infinitely, just that each death count ups the difficulty meter so you could lock yourself out of victory.