Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

Thank you! So that girl is 세계수... I found two more screenshots of her with text.
    Is there anything important in the dialogue?

Spoiler

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

This seal? Veeery interesting. It seems their new storyline is centered around a gateway type deal where the dimensions are connected and darmoa was sent to guard it?

3. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

It’s a bit like a creepy Ellin Forest. I like the look of it, pretty unique to what’s in the game currently. 110 mob so hopefully it’s generally a higher level area.

Oh so it’s a worm and not a dragon. I hope it moves around and doesn’t just sit there.

So the World tree is a person and not a tree? Okay.

I guess KMS will be the only version with the original Luminous. I wonder if they will eventually change it.

4. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

First picture:

"World tree? You are the world tree? The world tree that possesses the power of life? I heard the world tree vanished a long time ago?"

Second picture:

Yes, after the battle with the Black Mage, my powers became very weak. To recover my powers, I rested/slept here. This is the centre of [mainland] (the central land... victoria?), full of the presence of life (could also translate as full of life/living energy).

Hadriel

5. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

Either this "battle" was in the past with the 5 heroes or located with the Future Henesys. Anticipation!

6. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

Leave it to Nexon to throw such an interesting curveball just as I was thinking of quitting. I MUST KNOW MORE.

7. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

Sorry I can't access that forum @Spadow; posted, because I'm on GMS now and will not be able to access webpages from China.

Feed me, and I'll feed you back. I'll be back in 30 min... need to go to the grocery shop for a while.

Also, I edited one of my earlier posts. The completed quest tab says "Escape from..."

Hadriel

8. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

WOAH. This is.. incredible! That content looks AMAZING and it seems they put much effort in it! Glad they've been working hard in the past months.

Thank you hadriel for translating.

So yeah. World Tree is that which Cygnus was looking for, right? Future Henesys was centered on Arkarium's (therefore, Black Mage's) aim to make us think Cygnus Knights would, one day, become evil because of a trap Cygnus would fall for, while looking for World Tree. That's what I remember about the storyline.

So.. it wasn't a real tree, huh? I wonder why was Cygnus looking for her, then. Maybe to gather the power to be able to defeat Black Mage? Possible.

In any case, that place and those bosses DEFINITELY look amazing. Something completely new for MapleStory. I can't really wait to hear the music and to know more about this.

I just hope they won't forget the main storyline.. which was based on the Black Mage's return.

Afterall, with these new developments of the storyline, it wouldn't take much for them to allow us to fight against him and then come up with a new bad guy or a plot twist.

I'm glad I've been following the storyline for so long, so that now I have a better idea of what they're talking about when they speak of World Tree, Darmoa, etc.

9. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

Death Count is not going to be Magnus-exclusive now.

10. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

I still hope that's more than just a god damn worm. That guy is too badass not to be a dragon of some sort.

11. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

You would not be the only one psyched about this. What you said about the World Tree is pretty much accurate; I believe the in-game explanation for why Cygnus Knights can only go to level 120 is due to Cygnus not being strong enough which is why she seeks the World Tree on her own for more power in the fabricated lie that Arkarium spins up.

As for why they said it was a tree when it isn't I'd say Maple Story isn't the first story to use the person is a tree plot. There's the Ellcrys from the Wishstones of Shannara where someone gets to be the tree (I forgot how it works, I just remember it's a female elf that gets the task) and
    Odin Sphere ending spoiler
    . That and Arkarium might not have known about it since the World Tree itself may be an actual tree, just that its spirit is resting elsewhere.

12. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

Not much to translate here. Map is something like "Cave in the Abyss" or "Deep cave". Not terribly helpful that Mandarin is so flexible anything goes.

Chat box is Gachapon... funny that the item was blurred out.

Funny thing I noticed about the 2 battle images: MP is not appropriately depleted yet HP is 0. Speaks alot about some kind of kill-mechanics... or maybe it's DR?

Hadriel

13. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

I just had a thought about that worm boss. What if it's a reference to Nidhogg seeing that it's featured as a boss and the World Tree is also introduced at the same time? If it really is I guess it'd be a dragon as the mythical Nidhogg was also one.

14. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

That was my first thought. Doesn't seem like the name they chose is related, though.

//edit: "Worm" and "dragon" may refer to the same thing in old stories, though, so...

15. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

Wasn't there a death count in Hard Mode Hilla?

16. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

Doesn't seem like it, yeah. Anyway, the name Alice itself is already far off the track since the name of the World Tree is supposed to be Yggdrasil.

17. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

In all the mythos in all the world, there is only one world tree and it was the nordic one.

18. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

That's really cool info. A lot of themes in myths turn up in other cultures so it was quite unexpected to know that there's only one myth that has a world tree.

19. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

Pretty sure JoeTang was being sarcastic. I don't personally know of any other world trees that get chewed on by serpents/dragons/worms though.

//edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tree

20. Default Re: CMST New Client include the KMST ~ Ulimited New BOSS?

That just means that I'm out of date with mythology. And yeah, I'm pretty sure that there is still only one story of a world tree being chewed on but don't quote me on that.