1. Default Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

(Sorry if this is already mentioned, I tried to search but found nothing relevant)

I was fighting Luster Pixies on my Luminous today and noticed this strange drop. It's some level 60 Magician gloves. The strange thing is that, when you loot these items, they show in the chat box with gray text, and they always come with potential, and they are always Epic on reveal.

Earlier when fighting Lupins or something similar on my Lv. 170 Paladin, I also noticed a similar drop - it was some level 30 Warrior pants, they also show in chat and have potentials. It seems to drop regardless of level difference, since I was like 150 levels higher than those Lupins, and nothing else dropped but those pants.

Here are some pictures of it:

I didn't take the screenshots of the level 30 pants dropping on my Lv. 170 Paladin because at that time I thought there was nothing unusual about it.

So, my questions are:
    1. What exactly is this? Is it an event, a bug, or a permanent addition that I'm not aware of?
    2. Are there other monsters that drop similar items?
    Last edited by Tukkun; 2012-12-11 at 09:27 AM.

2. Default Re: Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

1. I'm not 100% sure its an event, But it started in tempest as well, It drops from any monster around level 60, And it will always be epic on reveal
    2. Anything around 60, Depending on what character you find it on defines the stats on it, Theres Gloves, shoes, Overall, and Hats.

3. Default Re: Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

I do believe both sets of the Green and Purple Senior equips come epic on reveal.

4. Default Re: Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

Oh yeah, those are the Green and Purple equipment sets that came with Tempest. I just recalled reading about it earlier in Orange Mushroom's Blog.

Thanks.

5. Default Re: Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

So is it confirmed that these ignore the anti-botting system and drop regardless of level? I recall someone in another thread saying they got one on one of their high level characters. Although that could have just been from a lower level player hitting the mob first.

I'm curious since these could be fairly decent equips to use on my Kaiser until my empress equips are all done...

6. Default Re: Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

I got the Purple Senior Gloves from Ferrets in Chryse which are level 5x. I'm level 185.

7. Default Re: Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

From what I've seen green versions are only rare on reveal.

8. Default Re: Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

Has anyone ever gotten a good potential on those equips? Even though they're epic, all I've got was some stupid % to ignore damage or some other dumb line.

9. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

I got like % int on my Luminous. Does that count?

10. Default Re: Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

I guess. That's kinda useful at least.

11. Default Re: Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

i was lacking gloves for my lumi and these gloves gave me all stat 2% at least is something but wonder why nexon didn't put a word on it.

12. Default Re: Strange, epic-on-reveal equipment that drops from monsters

I've actually been farming these on my 104 luminous. I've gotten about 4 hats and 3 gloves in an hour of killing brown teddies at Ludi. It's actually awesome for people (like me) that can't get good equips cause we're too poor/can't spend NX. I've gotten 4% int gloves which i'm currently using ^^