Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

I'm not too sure on how the deck things work, or what characters do what. But Generally whats the best cards for them?

2. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

They don't differ too much from character to character unless you're going for a warrior or magician set bonus (but you might want both of those if you're talking about a warrior and a magician). The luminous card is good for luminous and the ds card is good in general. Aside from that, the Aran and Evan cards are useful, as are the mechanic card, the battle mage card and the resistance set. If I were you I'd probably go for demon slayer/aran/mihile and luminous/evan/any 4th job magician. When GMS gets a third card set you might want to get a couple more cards and put a resistance deck together with your demon slayer card and put a different warrior in your warrior deck.

3. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

So:
    DS Deck: [DS, Aran, Mihile]
    Lumi Deck: [Lumi, Evan, Any4thJobMage]
    Resis Deck: [DS, BaMa, Mech]

Like what do these decks give?

4. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

Can't have more than one of the same class in total, so you'll have to either create another resistance class or make another warrior (preferably Kaiser) for the DS deck.

5. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

Most of the cards aren't actually good, meaning it doesn't matter too much and I just listed things that'd be convenient. The only reason for you to do the warrior deck over the resistance deck right now is that it'd probably be more beneficial for your Demon Slayer than the resistance deck would be right now. You won't have to make that choice once there's 3 decks out there. Almost all of the card deck benefits come from getting one cohesive set and having all the cards be of characters level 120+. I just suggested Mikhail because I assumed you would have one that's 120+, not because his card's desirable.

Anyway, in that particular case, you'd have percentage status resist (DS), percentage health drain (Aran), percentage weapon defense (Mikhail), flat int (Luminous), percent mana drain (Evan), random mage effect, nothing (can't use the DS card twice), percentage damage reduction (BaM), and percentage buff duration increase (Mech). Beyond that, the decks would give percentage of your max health added to your final damage number (warrior set), percentage of your max mana added to your final damage number (magician set), and +all stats (resistance set). The all stat bonus isn't unique to resistance, though, it's just that the resistance cards tend to be better than the other groupings of cards.

If I were you and I were planning for 3 cards decks, I'd go with:
    Kaiser (flat strength), Aran, random warrior - warrior set
    Luminous, Evan, random magician - mage set
    Mech, BaM, DS - resistance set

If you don't have any random warrior or magician characters already, Dark Knight and Fire Poison Mage might be good choices since the Dark Knight card gives percent HP and the F/P mage card gives percent MP. Beyond that, I'd just make sure all the characters you were going to use cards of were at least level 120 for the S rank benefits.

6. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

Just a small note, it is lvl 100 for S rank now. Tempest changed the 4th job lvl req, remeber?

7. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

Nope, I didn't know that. I thought the card effects weren't changed even though the level requirements for job advancement were; kinda like the link buff level requirements. Does that mean that Cygnus cards can go to rank S now?

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i'd honestly recommend 2 decks with just pirates because of the PDR ignore set effect, and then fill the last deck with DS+aran+evan for magic and HP drain.

somoene remind me though, do 2 pirate set effects stack? i remember there was something that didn't stack in there. but warrior and mage sets have laughable effects.

9. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

I don't think any of the class sets stack with themselves. I just don't consider the pirate effect important because classes with some kind of innate defense ignore can reach 100% easily without it and I don't think there's any easy way for classes without a defense ignore skill to reach 100% with the pirate effect or not. That said, all the class set bonuses are pretty insignificant anyway; at least aren't worth leveling characters and wasting character slots over.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

well, the pirate set imo is the one with the best potential, i mean sure if you're fighting something like LHC mobs or zakum it's not that significant, but stuff like hilla, empress minions and onwards, that little %PDR helps a lot.

and don't know, but which other class besides heroes can reach 100% ignore on all their attacks without any kind of potential? i'm getting the pirate set later because even at 100% ignore with impale, my dark synthesis won't have 100% ignore.

plus pirates have useful buffs, especially that buff time increase for demon slayers. dunno if it applies to equilibrium too.

11. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

Kaiser gets 40% defense ignore passively in 4th job. With 10% from luminous buff, 30% from the Leafre card set, and 15% from a C-rank weapon nebulite, he only needs 5% from level 50 ambition.

For a class without passive defense ignore, 15% from level 2 luminous buff, 30% from the Leafre set, 20% from an A-rank weapon nebulite, and 10% from level 100 ambition still leaves you 25% short; which is assuming you can shell out enough for an A-rank nebulite and have the patience to get level 100 ambition. Even with 3 level 200 pirates you'd be 15% short.

I know DS get 30% passively, but I don't remember off the top of my head if Luminous gets any defense ignore passively or not.

12. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

All set affects are "unique" so they do not stack.

I recommend the Pirate Set (Mech+Bucc+AB)
    Then Mage (Evan+I/L+Lumi) when playing Lumi
    swap for Warrior Set (DS/Pally/Aran) when playing DS
    for pure damage

DS/BaM/Aran/hero make a good set if you need survivability when we receive the 3rd deck (or swap w Mage set when doing dangeours bosses).

@FabledGumbo; You can't link non-Nova link Skill to Nova characters. Kaiser can't get lumi link.

Lumi gets Arcane Pitch which "ignores monster defense", but idk how it works.

13. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

I'm pretty sure the rank-based set effects stack? You know, the "three B/A/S/SS rank" effects. At least, they did when the system first came out. I admit I haven't checked after this update.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Lumi's Arcane Pitch gives 40% PDR Ignore.

15. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

I guess that makes Kaiser a bad example, but there's plenty of classes with some sort of percent ignore who can receive the luminous link buff. Could you shed some more light on that nova vs non-nova thing, though? Like, does that mean that Kaiser can only give his link buff to AB and vice versa? That seems like a really stupid restriction.

16. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

Nova classes can give their links to anyone else, but they cannot recieve links from any classes who aren't Novas.

17. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

That's a relief for anyone banking on Nova links... but I still don't understand why they can't receive normal classes' links.

18. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

I thought it was only 10%, I can't see it now in the UI since it is cut off, but a quick search tells me 10%.

Those effects stack, the class-specific ones do not.

19. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

You're probably right. I was just going by memory and what seemed logical. I'll change my post accordingly.

20. Default Re: Best Deck/Cards for DS & Lumi

Cygnus cards are forever A rank.