1. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Default Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

This still doesn't cut for the fact Legends 3 got canceled on the grounds we didn't put enough help into it, pricks.

2. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

Wonder how much DLC will be in this one

3. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

Obviously you'll be able to buy all your weapons and ETanks and everything like that for $5 a pop.

4. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

Know how I know?

This is a fanmade game. Thats right, megamans 25th anniversary is only worth a pineappleing fanmade game to capcom.

Think I'm kidding?

Here is the first WIP trailer from 2010. Everything is near identical to the stuff shown in that trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=begnDoEd_l0

Don't listen to any of capcoms crap about how they did any of the work. Seriously, the guy had already shown 4 full stages by August last year, and capcom admits they weren't even in contact with the guy making it until 2012.

5. Alligator Straight Male

Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

Not really surprised due to the fact they're doing everything in their power to not be continuously reminded for a game that could have saved their asses. Megaman is just going downhill at this point anyways...

6. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

Glad I haven't bought a capcom game in years.

pineapple this company.

7. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

Friend linked me this, I feel like it applies.

8. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

It's not the fact that it's a free megaman game that pisses anybody off.

It's the sheer balls of capcom to
    1) Claim that a fanmade game is what we get for the "big" 25th anniversary megaman celebration
    2) That they would claim they had any significant part in it.
    3)They're claiming a fanmade game as free is a result of capcoms goodwill.

For a company that has already burnt all goodwill it has with the franchise to the ground and then kicked it's corpse, they really should not be doing this crap.

If capcom was posting "Hey, this is a great looking fanmade megaman game, you should check it out, sorry that we don't quite have a real megaman 11 for the 25th anniversary for you, hope this tides you over!", there would be no backlash. But capcom isn't doing that.

9. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

I don't disagree with any of that stuff regarding it being a fanmade game. I don't. I'm just absolutely sick of hearing about MML3 in every single goddaamn topic/video/thread/concept/thought/message about Mega Man. It was over a year ago. Get over it. I was hurt, disappointed, and unhappy at first too. I didn't "boycott" Capcom and whine and peach about it every single time Capcom did anything at all. It's absolutely insane.

10. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

Yeah, I don't care about the legends 3 fiasco, as I never even played legends 1 or 2 in the first place (Yes, I know). I'm just sad and disgusted at how they're treating this franchise overall.

11. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

I absolutely agree with you there. It's a huge disappointment how they basically dumped the series so suddenly, and I hate that the only thing it's getting for it's 25th is recognition of a fan-made game.

But hey, look at it this way: It's more than Metroid got. Nintendo completely ignored Metroid's existence, after giving Zelda fans everything they could ever possibly want, and before then saying that they don't make a big deal about anniversaries.

12. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

Yeah, I don't really care about MML3 either, but until capcom actually starts releasing megaman games and stops plantaining around Megaman fans (For instance making the only games with any Capcom support in his 25th anniversary 1) a iOS game where you Autorun and just tap the attack icon on screen, and 2) a fangame), nobody is likely to drop it.

Metroid had the unfortunate result of sharing it's anniversary with Zelda. Capcom has no similar excuse, still, I think having nothing is marginally better than a continuous string of screwups.

All mario got was a rerelease of super mario all stars with a crappy art book. But I bet that a rerelease of a bunch of the NES games on a 360/PS3/Wii U collection, including Mega man 9/10 + all their DLC would have gone down pretty well.

13. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

That is not an excuse. They didn't even acknowledge the game's existence. Not a tip of the hat, nothing. Zelda being the same year is not an excuse for completely ignoring the franchise as a whole.

14. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

Now that I think about it, it's not even true.

Every metroid game from home consoles was already available on Wii (Metroid, Super Metroid, Prime trilogy). They then made a point to push out almost every other game onto the eshop for 3DS ambassadors within the year, with Fusion and Metroid 1 for ambassadors, as well as the gameboy metroid game soon after. If you have a 3DS and Wii(Or Wii u) as a result, its possible after 2011 to play EVERY metroid game except Metroid:Zero mission in existence on the two.

Only Zelda & metroid got such a quick push out on eShop titles.

What else could they have done... Republished the prime trilogy again? Other M? (Yeah, the people who would be interested in the anniversary were all dying for more Other M)
    Nintendo just didn't highlight it for metroid.

15. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

Metroid and Super Metroid have been in the eShop since 2007. Metroid II and Fusion being released in the 3DS eShop 2011...well, Metroid and Super Metroid were released at the same time in the Wii eShop in 2007. To say that they planned to do it as an anniversary thing and it wasn't just coincidence is impossible to tell.

Is it possible? Yes. So I guess no, I cannot completely say that they did absolutely nothing...but just compare Metroid's anniversary to Zelda's. Even saying that Metroid got the 3DS eShop releases because of it's anniversary...that makes 2 (3 if you want to count a re-re-release of Metroid) games. Zelda got a full-fledged remake of OoT, as well as the Zelda timeline, as well a remake of Four Swords, as well as a goddaamn orchestra. Add in anything I missed, because I'm sure I missed at least a few smaller things. In comparison, they did nothing for Metroid. Re-releasing two games is nothing in comparison to that. They didn't even do that much for Mario.

What makes this entire ordeal more annoying than anything else, is that for Mario's anniversary, they said flat out, "We don't do big anniversaries," (Source eludes me, or I'd link it).

What could Nintendo have done for Metroid? Remake Metroid 2. It's one of the few games that has not received a remake that could make amazing use of the concept. That game was an amazing GB game, but it would be an even more amazing DS or 3DS game. Or better yet...I don't know...make a new 2D Metroid in general? It's been 9 years (10 now). But instead, they acted like it didn't exist.

16. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

The thing is, they may well have planned to make another metroid game for the eshop for he 25th anniversary. But there had been a ton of bad backlash for other M that landed it in the bargain bin very quickly, and it sold badly. And metroid 2 never made it into the eshop charts in europe either.

Honestly, I think we're going to be lucky if we see metroid for a while now. Other M being a bad game won't be the reason nintendo sees for the worse than expected sales, they probably see "no-one wants metroid any more". Because Nintendos logic is retarded some times

Nintendo makes terrible decisions sometimes, and then decides to stop making the games. It's why we haven't had a new F-zero (They made several bad GBA games which sold badly, as admitted by Miyamoto for the reason we haven't seen any more). I'm willing to bet it's why we haven't seen a new starfox since command (They pineappleed the game up horribly, turning it into a really bad turn based strategy, which then rightly sold poorly), adn they're in the process of pineappleing paper mario up right now too (Plot in an RPG, who needs that in our most lively, story based Mario games! Wait, it sold badly? They must have just gotten bored of the series, better cut it off!).

AS for 2D games. I would kill for a brand new 2D Zelda nad Metroid, but Nintendo just doesn't seem interested in making them. They'd make great eShop titles, but Nintendo would probably find a way to pineapple them up, like forced touch screen controls (Ugh , phantom hourglass)

17. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

Other M wasn't even made by the same people who made the Prime series and Fusion/ZM. That's why it was such pomegranate. I don't understand why they changed developers. If the developers were busy, just wait, instead of giving it to a studio that didn't know what the pineapple it was doing.

Even if the story was made by the same guy, that wasn't the only problem with the game.

Honestly, with that crappy Metroid theme game in Nintendo Land, I don't think they care about Metroid anymore. As far as I know, that was their big Metroid related announcement for the Wii U...that idiotic crap. It's like a really bad joke. And now, with the 3D crap being their new big thing, I doubt we'll ever see a 2D sidescroller/topdown ever again, at least not from Nintendo.

18. Alligator Straight Male

We will never shut up about it. It was the fans who backed the project...fans all around the world. We gave ideas alone to just make the game from scratch ourselves.
    And what pissed us off was them blaming us for not submitting enough content. That pissed us off royally. And be happy? How the hell can we, when one series is in limbo (ZX), one's on hiatus (Starforce), and the creator already left capcom? It's just pain to see this franchise go into the gutter.

...Though that's the only thing we're holding against capcom atm, so we shouldn't be complaining in certain cases.

19. Default Re: Eight Bit With A Twist!:Megaman X Street Fighter!

All I want is a legitimate ZX 3 game or some pomegranate. That cliffhanger to ZXA is driving me up the wall.

Oh well, at least this is free.

20. Alligator Straight Male

NUUU. We need a Zero 5. I want to see if he died....that and a ZX3.