IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Default ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

I realize this seems like a really stupid question. But what I was thinking was that the Tempest Hat would be better due to it being a part of the set bonus.

So...yeah. What should I do? If I don't take it then I'd planned to give it to my Page or Bishop to anvil.

2. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

If it helps you, I'd say the Dogma would look weird with the Tempest set.

3. Water Female
    england

Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

It's not just that. It's more that the set bonus for 7 pieces is 5 attack/magic attack. The set bonus for 8 pieces, which requires the hat, is 15 attack/magic attack and +20 all stat. Plus the tempest hat already has 1 attack and +7 all stat.

4. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

You can always use a sharing tag so just get it on a character that you think would benefit the most from it.

5. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

I'd say definitely get it for your Bishop then. Besides, that hat looks awesome with the level 60 Mage set.

6. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

You do realize the set has 9 pieces, and the max sett effect is 8 right? so you do not need the hat (although the overall is more expensive and probably better to skip). The dogma hat is not bad, i got decent mystic door on mine. Hopping for %int but i guess i can finally use those 100 magic rocks that have been siting on my mercedes.
    Just drop what ever piece you can easily replace, if you have a good weapon use that and get the other 8 pieces.

7. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

Drop hat from the set and get the Dogma. That's what I'm doing.

8. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

This.

This is what I did in KMS for mine. You get the best of both worlds with 8 piece Tempest and Dogma: Full set effect from Tempest set (30 all stats, 35 MA, & the rest) and the Lumi bonus from Dogma Cap. If I'm not mistaken, that can compete with 4~5 set clean non pot Empress armor.

9. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

Also comes unique, saves cubing time.

10. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

I agree with PeePeeAyeDeeKay since that is the way I was going to go.

11. Water Female
    england

Thanks for the advice everyone, I got the Dogma on my Lumi. (Didn't get very good potential though, +1 skill levels and 6% weapon defense)

12. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

Would you advise replacing Empress with Tempest?

13. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

Comparing a clean Empress set with a clean Tempest set.

Empress Set

+45 W/Matt
    +15% HP/MP
    +20 all stat
    +30% boss damage
    +2 levels to all skills

Tempest Set

+10% HP/MP
    +30 to all stats
    +45 W/Matt

That is just from the set bonuses themselves and not the equips. The Tempest Set bonus is good, but the Empress edges it out. Even more so when you figure on all the good stats from the empress equips themselves.

And this is all just clean. But, the Tempest Set is really good until you can afford to replace it completely with the Empress Set.

14. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

Let's put it this way then:

Spoiler

In general, Chaos and pot if you are bloody rich, else keep the best pots and MA stuff. If you're very poor, Tempest is a good choice. Mystic set is found in Silent Crusade shops (gl with the ship rides), and its a good option if you're running out of Tempest coins so you can re-prioritise your coins. Chaos-able face and eye for Mystic sets = gl, on top of the 18 MA/21all from the set effect.

/edit: first time working with Tables, and it's working out poorly... anyone help? I've given up trying to get this to work!
    /edit2: now working

Hadriel
    Last edited by hadriel; 2012-12-09 at 04:53 AM.

15. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Unique on reveal; maybe you could gamble for 9% int?

16. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

You just split elements with |, and rows with newlines
    1|2|3
    4|5|6
    ->

17. Default Re: ...bother getting the Dogma on my Luminous?

You have a million of my thanks. I tried that yesterday but I think I screwed up somewhere. Guess I should start from the simplest of simplest always before trying big stuff. Thanks again.

Now that I've gotten some sleep and tackled a bit of brainwork, it's apparent that IF you're too poor to afford any Empress stuff at all, and are relying heavily on easy-to-get stuff like Tempest and Mystic set and Dogma, then the whole Tempest set is WAY better than Dogma + Mystic + incomplete Tempest. This is because:

Dogma + Mystic => 3 overlapping item slots; "marginal" benefit = 12MA+24INTequivalents
    Tempest "marginal" cost = 25MA+30all

The problem is, the Mystic belt has no MA! Unlike the Silent Crusade ones that can be scrolled till you hit 3MA (or chaos it...)

Even then, the most important bits of this Tempest set is really the ring, shoulder, and maybe the cape. If you have not hit the very last set effect of Tempest yet, then Mesoranger is about equivalent to the Tempest items in marginal benefit before considering potential. It would take something like 8%INT to cover up for the last 15MA.

On the other hand, Empress items are getting cheaper... with the exception of the cape. Given that the Mystic set is fully orthogonal to the Empress set, you might want to consider making some money from the Tempest eq and converting them into Empress equivalents.

Hadriel