1. Default Should I get the Tempest Set or Skill Books?

Long story short, my 169 Mercedes is in dire need of skill books, only having Dual Bowgun Expert maxed from the special skillbook given back when she first launched. Everything else has only 10 SP. (Except Lightning Edge which I am skipping altogether, and Rolling Moonsault which doesn't need a skill book, thank god.)

But..... that Tempest Set would actually be a significant upgrade for her. Even the pieces that wouldn't be a direct upgrade (Weapon.) would be so after the set bonuses. And it's not like I'll ever be able to afford the Empress Set, let alone beat them out of Cygnus herself.

So where should I invest my coins? Into Mercedes Skill Books, or into the Tempest Set?

2. Default Re: Should I get the Tempest Set or Skill Books?

Tempest Set. If there is a Mystery Mastery Book get that for Ancient Warding as that's the most essential skill you need.

3. Default Re: Should I get the Tempest Set or Skill Books?

Just be sure that you know that afking on a Luminous gives you 4 tempest coins instead of 2 for every other class, so if that's the source of the majority of your coins then I'd recommend you do it on that class instead, and transfer the gear over (I believe it's all bind on equip, not bind from purchase from the tempest shop).

4. Default Re: Should I get the Tempest Set or Skill Books?

Yeah, it's bind on equip. You could also hunt boxes at spawn heavy areas close to your level to speed up the process.

5. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Should I get the Tempest Set or Skill Books?

I would get the tempest set. Most mercedes books are pretty cheap in the fm now (at least in Khaini).

Fyi, you said that you want the set, but having the tempest weapon would be worse than your current one- you can still have the 8 set effect without using the tempest weapon.

6. Default Re: Should I get the Tempest Set or Skill Books?

I am assuming they have the hot time hat for Merc reason why they would go for the weapon.