Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

It's fake. The name of the item is oh so strangely farrrrrr more blurry than the rest of the entire screenshot. It's not in the game's data.

Either fake or from a private server.

2. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

That and considering how the other items had class restrictions it'd be odd that there's one for all classes.

3. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

Also it does not have that "superior item" above "category:cape"

4. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

While it is most likely fake, the fact that the name is blurry is not really an indicator. That happens all the time when you take a screenshot ingame with Scroll Lock on any item with a pink name.

There are several pictures like that in the "Godly Scrolled Items" thread.

5. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

People will buy them, People will cube them, People will scroll them, People will be stupid

6. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

The exploit got patched since last USC.

If that SS is real (or I call private server)
    Spoiler

^ maybe this exploit came back again. Who knows.

Just kidding. At least the method got publicly released (i.e. will be patched asap)
    Last edited by Mandalay; 2012-12-08 at 11:31 PM.

7. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

While I agree with this completely Nexon also knows that the players who actually buy these capes are also among the small group of players who are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on perfecting a single item, even though they were already close to hitting the current cap 60 levels ago, which is pretty sad.

8. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Lots and lots of enhances me thinks.

9. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

Yeah that's probably why it has so many stars on it.

.. Oh wait.

10. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

I assumed these were item generated, but seeing as the stats are varied according to that video, perhaps they're not? I really hope these will be deleted and all accounts involved in obtaining them will be permanently banned, but I guess we'll see.

Seriously though. Anyone who buys these is a complete idiot. I still see people trying to buy 30+ attack masks, 20/21 attack earrings, 27+ attack VSS etc in game, it's pretty clear by now that Nexon are /eventually/ going to get around to deleting all duped equips, so why bother wasting your money..

11. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Looks to me like the top of the item is cut off, but whatever dude.

I didn't realize that 1) this thread had a second page and 2) that it wasn't a tyrant equip. That's what a late night of studying does to you.

12. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Consider the source, shinku

13. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

Sorry I sounded quite rude now that I read back how I said it.
    I've been quite frustrated lately i'm sorry.

14. Neutron Male
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

Recent history would suggest that they'll be deleted pretty quickly. Generated or not, items that aren't in the game yet (S nebs, perm hearts) have been deleted within a couple weeks. Add that onto the fact that Nexon's being slightly more proactive these days and you get sad, stupid buyers.

As an aside, this post reminded me to not cube my cape/belt/shoe. These superior items blow current items out of the water...ridiculous.

15. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

Hopefully Nexon takes care of this as fast as they did with the 255 attack VSS/WGs, they have been getting better lately when it comes to illicit equips somewhat.

They better at least wipe them before the possibility of legit ones entering the game, because at that point, you won't know what's legit and what isn't legit, despite the likelihood of it being hacked.

16. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

well, that's funny, and explains why WS went "the way of the dinosaur"

i think it was said earlier in this thread, but it MIGHT be that map warp thinguie, warp to hard magnus, proceed to kill it for drops, who really knows though.

i did, i simply wanted to know from where he got the SS. the cape has several issues going with it.

17. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Your avatar is exactly how I feel right now. It cost me SO much money to forge myself a 140 cape and I also took the time to cube my shoe to unique. Months later this stuff is announced and now the rage has been replaced with pixelated depression.

18. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

Were it not that my server would never have enough firepower to down Magnus I would feel the same way. While power creep has a chance of happening in any MMORPG the extent to which it prevails in Maple Story is just depressing, so much that I keep second-guessing myself.

19. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

I feel this way in general about the game, because they constantly make me want to cry for spending ANY money on Cubes with new gear that makes the old gear look like a hilarious joke.

I don't understand how people continue to do it, especially at the scale that they do it. I really think it's the kids who don't understand the value of a dollar. Sure, it's not as good as it was back when our parents preached this to us, but honestly, they cannot possibly understand it if they continue to buy cubes, regardless of who's money it is.

20. Default Re: who needs to kill magnus?

The WS+shield scroll infinite slot glitch was patched over a year ago; that was when dot and mojito made the 255att stuff with +200 and whatnot. Before golden hammers were publicized; they were trying to make it seem like the hammers were the exploit.

In any case, I doubt that's why WS were deleted :c