1. Default Too many attempts, try again later.

I was Azwaning, died immediately upon victory, then Maple crashed.
    Spoiler

After reloading GameLauncher and trying to log in, the log in button doesn't do anything. So I log in on the site and all it says is "Too many attempts, try again later."

Has anyone ever gotten this? I have a nagging thought that I possibly got banned which I really hope is not the case.

I tried searching around for this problem but the most recent one I could find was all the way back in 2011 where some accounts attested to the next SC not allowing them to log back in still, a billingPP ban, or a 30 day ban in general.

Edit: Tried again. My password isn't even correct even though I just used it to log for the past 3 hours (so Nexon ninja changed my password...?).
    Last edited by Mandalay; 2012-12-08 at 02:13 AM. Reason: put in exactly how I died in Azwan

2. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

Default Re: Too many attempts, try again later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObIEguOvgzw

Is that similar to the issue you have? (sadly no fix)
    Also try and login to another account

3. Default Re: Too many attempts, try again later.

Could be related to this?
    http://www.southperry.net/showthread...g%20in%20issue

Doesn't sound like it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Try clearing your cache and MAYBE cookies, and try logging in again.

4. Default Re: Too many attempts, try again later.

It's similar but mine is not exactly like that. He can actually log in to the website, mine can't.

And yeah, all my other accounts work fine. It's just this account.

I'm also pretty sure it's not me getting hacked because I've been tracking my characters ever since and none of them are on.

5. Default Re: Too many attempts, try again later.

If it's just that account, then there's nothing you can do about it for now. file a ticket about it (on a different account, naturally) and hopefully nexon notices the issue soon... they're probably already aware of it. Are your characters on the rankings, by any chance? If they aren't, it's probably the same problem Paul (Foxino) is suffering from.

6. Default Re: Too many attempts, try again later.

I've had this happen to me before and it went away after about 15 minutes.

7. Default Re: Too many attempts, try again later.

That's the weird part. It's on rankings.

Tried clearing my cookies and cache, same thing.

And it's been like...1 hour now? Something like that.

8. Default Re: Too many attempts, try again later.

Hm. Try giving it a few hours WITHOUT attempting to log in again. Just going to have to be patient with this one. Every time you attempt to log in is probably resetting some sort of timer.

9. Default Re: Too many attempts, try again later.

I got it!

Posting here for future reference for anyone: I purposely typed in an incorrect password on the website after ~2 1/2 hours then clicked Find password in the pop up box. You'll need to input the email and go to your inbox to verify you want to change your password.

I don't know if waiting that long had something to do with it but I preferred to have waited anyway.

Was able to reset my password just fine. Thanks guys.