Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

As in, a map that no other class could make use of, but Luminous can thanks to his insane attack range?

2. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

The moment anyone posts any maps in here that map will get crowded.
    You can take advantage of some obvious ones without having to ask. Just walk around and use the World Map.

3. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

"insane attack range" that can be achieved by any other ranged class (ex. bowman, sins).

I'm going to side with "Jedward" here and just say to look around.

4. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

I would say King Pepe BUT:

I just spend hours for both the Luminous pres (to get Mush Castle quest) and Mushroom Castle quests. Only to find out that King Pepe now gives 0 EXP. What the hell Nexon -_-; What the hell.

All I know is Chimney and Kerning Square...

5. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

There's always Drakes, Hectors, etc.

6. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

@Nion; Drakes and hectors are cool!

I always love the Ariant, but lately its been getting busier >>

7. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

That was removed a few months ago, I believe. I think the reasoning was simply that; people were farming it for EXP.

8. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

I believe he gives exp the first time you kill him and none on subsequent kills. IMO it was the right decision, King Pepe was the best EXP for my Phantom from 35-70 except for a solo Jesters map, which is pretty stupid.

9. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

Mini-dungeons are pretty good till around lv110. There's no need to go on crowded maps if you don't want to.

10. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

http://global.hidden-street.net/map/...own-moon-ridge

One of the few maps I actually enjoyed training on as a Luminous since you could actually use Void Pressure on it.

11. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

quest line is amazing exp, and you get teleported everywhere.

12. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

Yeah, I'm loving the quest line.

I went right from 56 to 57 in one quest!

13. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

Basically Truckers and Master Robos.

If you train at Toy Factory <Process 2> Zone 3, you could save potions by using Pressure Void since it can reach both Platforms to hit mobs unlike Sylvan Lance.

14. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

Ray of redemption in third job hits three times, six with sunfire up.
    It is large enough that you can attack half the captains mini dungeon per cast.
    Death scythe also hits all three platforms.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

So does moonlight spear which is stronger than ray. 1-2 hits less though but it doesnt matter much

16. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

At fourth job, every map is a training map.

17. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

In third job I ducked into the ghost shop to kill Mr Anchor's when Mp3 was full in every channel. That might be useful.

18. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

Maybe not the best way, but soloing through Azwan/supply modes is still a pretty good alternative if you're afraid to go into crowded training maps. Starts at lv40+, but it's pretty good imo.

19. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

That's what I usually do; I want boxes however so I'm just going around to random maps. Luminous have the luxury of being able to train anywhere.

20. Default Re: Any non-optimal grinding maps that Luminous can make good use of?

Wait a second...does Luminous' light skills count as Holy? Either way I suppose his range is good enough that the map would be excellent.