1. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Default Aswan ; better solo or with party?

Okay.. Mainly because MapleSEA is getting Aswan tomorrow...

I would like to ask;
    1. would it be better if I were to clear it with a party, or do it solo
    2. if party, more people or less people
    3. Is the honor exp gained affected by the amount of people in the party?
    4. What's the best round to do? (hard / normal attack / supply / etc)?

Edit : sorry if these questions has been asked before... A bit too tired to search through them in the forums >.<

2. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

If you're strong enough to solo Hard mode fast enough then go with solo. If not, get a party because you won't get anywhere fast. If you're like me, you do Hard mode with 5 afking leechers on Hard mode while you do all the work, which actually takes longer because its a party and you have to wait for them to click for their stuff and theres more platforms that slow you down. In the end, just solo if you got the funds.

3. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

Aye, thanks !
    2 more questions, are the mobs level dependent on the average level of the party?
    and what would be the fastest way to gain honor exp ; clearing the mobs & towers or just towers alone?

4. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

First question: yes
    Second question: Just clear the last tower on the far right kill it off ignore the rest, you don't even have to care about the mobs and other towers. Doing that on hard mode would get you 2.2k honor exp easily.

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

adding to the above: just killing the tower at the end nets you 1.8k honor, killing the middle tower too nets you 2.2k honor, and a bit extra depending on how many mobs you killed.

the best round to do for honor exp is hell, for coins is hard, fastest way for leveling would be just towers/tower.

6. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

1.8k honor is the exp you get for leeching the entire run. 2.2k is the exp you get for killing the main tower (last hit, white exp) and actually getting the reward for winning. If you kill any other towers you get more honor exp but it wastes more time really. The 2.2k applies whether solo or party so it makes no difference as long as you get the last hit in. This means in party runs you risk not getting that 2.2k and people who attack faster than you will almost always get that 2.2k rather than you (Almost nobody can attack faster than rapid fire/hurricane other than similar jobs).

7. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

Huh just 1.8k?
    I always seem to get 2.3k Honor exp. I'm very positive it's 2.3k
    If I kill the middle tower it's 2.6k and if I kill both the middle tower and the top altar i'll get around 3k.

Also, is there even a hell mode that can be done solo without crazy as hell fundings?

8. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

It can be done but you need to be dishing out cap damage and realistically speaking you need to attack as fast as a Merc or at least got a hurricane type skill. If you die even once while attacking that tower you can pretty much call it quits, that means you gotta dodge everything thrown at you save for stupid lasers.

9. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

I can also confirm it's 1.8K for pure leeching. I barely reach the tower when my party's already killed it.

Second question: Doubtful? @Proxied; did Hell mode as a party (?). I vaguely remember him talking about Hell mode somewhere.

You need a pretty stacked party of heavy hitters.

10. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

Considering i'm a pally, I can safely say this will never work for me even though I cap. (2 hit mob skill -sigh-)
    Thanks for the advice.

11. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

Its been done before, I knew a Merc that could solo Hell mode solo, he even had a video. Anyways, Aswan went thru 2 changes, he killed it in its original state. The 1st change was the almost no delay lightning on top in party mode, the 2nd change was the recent nerf to hp on last tower. Soloing is MUCH MUCH simpler to deal with but you really have to dish out crazy dmg. Personal words from the guy himself, die even once and you're screwed and have to redo else you'd fail from wasting too much time waiting to come back to life.

12. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

Hell Mode Defense is possible but very difficult. Pre-phantom nerf I could barely get it done with cap Rapid Fire and 89% crit. If I got knocked off a platform while killing a ballista there was a good chance I wouldn't be able to kill it in time. There's no way I can do it now until I get 20%+ crit IA.

13. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

Not solo, but yeah with a party.

Phantoms and mercedes are two classes I've seen in GMS that can solo it so far

14. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

The nice thing about Defense is you can ignore the mobs' effects for the most part, letting you kill it when a lot more marginal - on Attack/Occupy, when they reach the end they heal the tower crazy amounts, whereas on Defense they just start attacking, which as long as you don't ignore them completely, won't kill it. You need to mob well enough to basically steamroll the mobs on attack/occupy if you die, which I guess is the problem in Hell mode.

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Aswan ; better solo or with party?

I can get 2400 honor in 35-50 seconds a majority of the time and being solo automatically makes you faster than a group outside of azwan so solo is better for me when i'm not farming coins.

16. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

In Hell Mode Defense, if you don't immediately run to a Ballista as it spawns and begin killing it with ~10-12+ cap hits per second or so, you won't be able to kill it before it auto-kills you. Most classes don't have a problem handling the mobs if they can manage to kill the ballista, and the downtime between ballista spawns gives you enough time to clear out the mobs. It's just a different type of urgency.

17. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

Aye. Thanks everyone for their help ! :D

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Unrelated question, but what allows Mercedes to solo Azwan as well as a Phantom? Pardon my noobiness.

19. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

HPS+cap damage pretty much.

although is it just me, or the towers WERE weak to boss damag and now aren't?

20. Default Re: Aswan ; better solo or with party?

They haven't been affected by %boss damage since Azwan release.