1. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

Specifically FP mages, since I believe Bishops have pretty much 100% crits chance, ILs have high crit% as well (not sure about BAMs and Evans, no clue about Lumi, etc.).

I'm thinking these would be the most solid ones:

1. %Crit - would raise DPM by a lot. edit: i stand corrected, it's not as much as I thought, but still one of the best options.
    2. %Boss - can't hurt.
    3. Large amount of INT. edit: apparently, this does not stack with %int on potential from cubes. craptastic.
    4. % of something converted to damage formula. Right now I got 20% of Magic Acc (I got 8146) converted into Damage, which gives me a 1.6k range boost.
    5. Attack speed +1. Not sure if this can stack with Decent SI/SI, or replaces them. edit: it does stack yay!
    6. Magic Attack. May or may not be hindered by same problems as with #3

Which of these would be the most beneficial in your opinion? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

1) Not as much as you think
    2) Nope, can't
    3) Large amount of int that isn't affected by %int...worthless
    4) Not a straight range boost but rather a straight damage increase, aka worthless
    5) It stacks.

Imo:

#1: Buff mastery (2x buff duration easily possible on mages, meaning no real cooldown on epic adventure and other 50% of the time cooldown skills)
    #2: Boss damage/total damage
    #3: % item drop/crit

3. Default Re: What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

+1 Attack Speed would be the biggest DPS boost I think with % Crit Rate in a close second.
    % Boss is so easy to get now-a-days (even more so once shields can get weapon potentials) I wouldn't even bother with it.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Alright, thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards Buff Mastery and Attack Speed +1. I missed "Magic +27" or something like that. That buff mastery has got to help out by a lot too. Less of a cooldown would indeed do wonders for skills like Epic Adventure and Infinity (if that applies).

While F/Ps are still hindered by the damage cap (until hypers come out), I think any inners which help range also help out DoT.

@Takebacker Had no idea that this INT isn't affected by %int. That sucks! So does this mean %magic or +m.attack wouldn't be affected by %magic either?

5. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

It really depends on how funded you are, for those who can't hit cap without it, a boost to Infinity's duration is highly beneficial, followed by %crit. For those who can, a boost to casting speed will always be the most beneficial in DPS(though its still nice without it).

As already mentioned, %Boss isn't that hard to get, especially with secondary weapons/Shields getting weapon potential. You should grab a VIP or two and try getting your bossing from that IMO.

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Hasn't been tested afaik. Can't see why % stat or + attack wouldn't stack, but i could see % stats being multiplicative like % total damage is.

7. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Right now I got 40% bossing (30% from Emp Set and 10% from DS link). I've got an epic timeless prelude ready to be scrolled and cubed when weapon pots go on shields and will aim for %Bossing on it.

@MorbidMagus Yep, that applies to me (and almost every mage). I can easily hit max on most things with crits only though. Hence why I thought %crit (at least 23% or something) chance would be a great inner potential for me (I currently have 55% crit with Decent SE).

edit: some more good ones:

20% Chance to Ignore Skill Cooldown
    +1 to All Passive Skills
    Last edited by IImaplers; 2012-12-03 at 04:59 PM.

8. Default Re: What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

Just look and see what cost the cost and there you go. Money, money, money!

9. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. If you're implying inner potentials can be bought, they cannot, sadly. If you mean cubes, I don't have much to spend for them anyway.

edit: if you're somehow trying to change the topic of this thread into a political one, wrong section bro, lol.

10. Default Re: What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

All this does for us is increase Arcane Aim, which only gives it 1% more chance to activate.
    Complete garbage.

11. Default Re: What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

My BaM has 63% crit rate before buffs and Finishing Blow so +%crit rate is pointless for me since I cap all the time when bossing.

tbh idk how useful +1 passive skills is going to be, given that most people have Empress to give the +2, so can you actually go to level 33 skills? o.O

Will your attack speed cap if you have +1 attack speed and are already at speed stage 2? I've not had a chance to test this... maybe someone try out MLTC?

Depending on how funded you are, +MA vs %(something)->dmg is situational. For me, I don't have a tonne of MA (243 total MA iirc) so +15MA is much better than having an increase in... say... 1k damage range (my range is about 19k).

In the long run, buff cooldown ignore and increase in buff duration will even out (sort of), but in the short run I'd rather have increase in buff cooldown, because it's kinda scary to hedge my chances on 20% cd ignore. Nonetheless I can see when cd ignore is super useful (Time leap, Will, big skills or stuff with long cd (e.g. SS), bind/crash [don't forget the internal cooldown!]).

One last note: %boss > lots of other stuff if you are a bosser.

Hadriel

12. Default Re: What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

Inner Abilities can push beyond the level 30 skill caps, Empress cannot, so yes you can have level 33 skills with Inner Abilities (and Combat Orders).

Explorer mages reach the speed cap with Magic Booster and Speed Infusion or Advanced Yellow Aura, but you can't rely on having a Bucc or BaM with you at all times, so the speed cap can also be reached with Decent Speed Infusion and +1 Attack Speed Inner Ability as well.

13. Default Re: What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

Arcane Aim also increases the defense ignored by 1%. Buff Mastery has a passive effect and if it's affected, it gains 3 MATK.

Still negligible.

14. Default Re: What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

Well I'm a BaM, so I cap all the time anyway, both for attack speed and crit rate. Shall have to settle for MA and %boss then.

Unless you want more items and so decide that +%itemdrop is better for you......

Hadriel

15. Default Re: What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

I had the Inner Ability before so I was just going by the description. Forgot about the 1% Ignore though.
    Still pretty pathetic compared to other Inner Abilities out there.

16. Default Re: What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

So 1,2, 5 and 6 (matk ot watk) are the preferable options for inner abilities? my mercedes got buff mastery 10% but i don't see a lot of use on her except of course more time attacking and less buffing.

17. Default Re: What would be the best possible inner potential for mages?

Yeah, it was the wrong topic, sorry. Lol