1. Default Protests as Mexico’s President Enrique Pena Nieto takes office

"Protestors clashed with police around the National Congress in Mexico City, where the swearing in of new Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto took place on Saturday Dec. 1, 2012. Pena Nieto took the oath of office as Mexican president on Saturday, offering a shot at redemption for the party that shaped modern Mexico if he can bring about an end to years of violence and economic underperformance. Pena Nieto campaigned as the face of a new PRI, a party that claims to be repentant and reconstructed after voted out of the presidency in 2000."

More images.

Any of you seen this on the news? I've been in Mexico this past week with limited internet and no credible news media on the TV, so I'm barely starting to get informed on this.

A friend of mine from Guadalajarra:

"Hoy en la FIL los policias nos agredieron a macanasos, piedras y gas lacrimogeno. Hay mas de 30 detenidos y mas de 10 heridos."
    (Today at the International Book Fair, policemen assaulted us with batons, rocks and teargas. There are more than 30 arrested and more that 10 injured.)

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Protests as Mexico’s President Enrique Pena Nieto takes office

i wasn't seeing the news yesterday, but my parents were and i remember hearing peña nieto loud and clear, unfortunately i can't tell you what exactly was being reported.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Sometimes I feel like peace/order and Mexico don't belong together.

4. Default Re: Protests as Mexico’s President Enrique Pena Nieto takes office

Video clip from the International Book Fair in Guadalajarra:

Post from a friend of mine that was protesting at the event:

"We did not interrupt the International Book Fair, actually we couldn't get to it because there was a wall of armed policemen blocking us from even reaching the street. The plan was to get there, stick some posters and talk to some of the people and have a conference with some of the people invited.

When they started throwing rocks (policemen and citizens), we backed off and we had already fled about 15 meters when they started shooting teargas. That's when we started seeing people running, crying, bleeding and what they did was chase us so that they could beat us up.

The people inside of the International Book Fair were already locked in before we even got there so that the foreigners couldn't see us.

They took more than 40 people and there were more that 60 injured.

I leave this you can make your own conclusions."

This is in Guadalajarra, I can't even imagine what's going on in Mexico City.

5. Default Re: Protests as Mexico’s President Enrique Pena Nieto takes office

6. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Too bad your president doesn't have advanced cancer... Even before the elections... and still won... And we are just waiting for the mofo to die somewhere in this next year...

Then again, its good that the mexicans still have the will to fight, we venezuelans lost it somewhere around the april 11 of a few years back or so.