1. Question How exactly do you make money these days?

This may seem like a dumb question, but I'm not really all that great at working the Free Market. I need to gather up some mesos to buy my skillbooks, but I can't find a good way to make money. Can anyone experienced in that area give me an explanation or any tips?

I've heard that normal scrolling (No pot, just normal scrolling) no longer makes any money, either.

2. Default Re: How exactly do you make money these days?

Scrolling equips has never really been good money in the long run, whether four years ago or yesterday. The best way to make money is to take advantage of events and the demand centered around rewards. Other than that it's just merching and crafting.

3. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: How exactly do you make money these days?

Yep, events are the way to go. The current Mesoranger event is a good way to make money. You can sell the equips, and if you haven't been skipping days, you can get Love Letters after 7 days, which people will pay for because they give fame.

4. Default Re: How exactly do you make money these days?

Events are pretty much it for me too. Every so often they put nice scroll rewards in them, which are tradeable, and I take advantage of those.

The Evo Rings were also good, pretty easy to make 5-6 sets, and now they're selling for 100-400mil.

5. Default Re: How exactly do you make money these days?

Maple is one of the games that's easiest to make money. Without an auction house system where anyone can see the lowest price of any item, there are a LOT of price discrepancies in the FM. Go through the entire FM and look for items with a low price that you know could go for higher. Buy them and resell them.

6. Default Re: How exactly do you make money these days?

Is merching items in the FM as effective as selling event items at their inflated price? Is there a merching guide anywhere?

7. Default Re: How exactly do you make money these days?

Merchanting is effective, but takes time and dedication. It's as simple as keeping track of price trends and noticing outliers. The reward comes, but not quite as quickly as some people are willing to wait for.

As for a guide.. well, there's probably one floating around somewhere, but it boils down to common sense.
    • Check FM often. All of it. Not just the bottom row, and not just the top either. Record common price ranges for items. Check to see that items are actually selling.
    • Visit the FM Entrance in channel 1 and compare these prices with the knowledge that the people selling outside aren't spending NX.
    • For items that can be crafted in one way or another, consider the cost of materials and the amount of demand, along with the selling price of the crafted item.

Those three points should give you a very, very basic idea of how to merchant.