Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

@Fiel I did the good parts. Why is the order so weird? i.e. non-numerical for skillID?

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

I go in the order that the skills are listed in Skill.wz

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

Wow.
    We wrote programs to sort it and everything because it was weird out of order.

What the hell Nexon :|

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

nexon y. Would it be possible to reorder them? It's silly seeing
    Exceed: Double Cross (2)
    Exceed: Double Cross (4)
    Exceed: Double Cross (5)
    Demonic Sharpness
    Absorb Life
    Exceed: Double Cross (3)
    Exceed: Double Cross
    Release Overload

Also, I believe for Exceed Overload, the "Max" value (x) is stated to be 20. There are icons with counters that go up to 10. I believe you then gain 2 points per attack or whatnot, where z = 2. It could be for something else, but there's no information tied with a skill itself to indicate it would affect Exceed Overload. The only extra information is what appears to be the duration of the buffs you get for each Exceed Skill, which is default 8s, and 10s for every dummy. i.e. use Exceed Double Cross, and you get a 10s timer where you have to use it again for the counter to actually go up? Which is what we're seeing in the buff corner with Demon Avengers.

It's a somewhat interesting system, but it's way too easy. If it actually required a significant number of consecutive hits... well, then we'd have an Aran.

Also, only non-typo error I see is Defense Expertise, +x%, should be +20% for all levels, I'm expecting them to fix that though. Or it's just a broken skill.

Anyways, I'm going to sleep. We might see some %/s tables tomorrow if I have time.

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

I am very upset with Demonic Avenger right now. The exceed skills do not transfer when they actually...do the exceed thing. For example, if I am attacking with the first job double cross, and want to use the second job demon strike, my exceed not only doesn't transfer, it resets. I have to rebuild my exceed...counter thing all over again. Not cool. Not fluid.

6. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

That "Super Ultra Mega Desperado Expert Master 3001" sounds OP because the name sounds long.

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

On the other hand, look at some of those HP costs.

8. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

I've never laughed so hard in a long time from extraction threads alone.

Good job Fiel, Joe, Locked

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

Nice concept, but kinda disappointing execution. What's the point of making a berserker-esque class if they're gonna help you out THAT much? Well, unless the drain on your HP from your attacks is a lot more than what I'm thinking.

Also, that Vitality something skill is bull. Heals 10% per tick with a cost of 100 per tick? Huh? I have no idea what they're smoking 'cause DA has like 3.5k HP at Lv10, so a 3rd Job(?) skill with that is just stupid.

10. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

Inhale Vitality?

Current description we have: HP Cost: 100, Damage: 400%, Max Enemies Hit: 12, HP Recovered: 10%, Explosion Damage: 1000% - Cooldown Time: 20 sec

And both go by per tick? I thought that only the HP cost is...

The healing doesn't seem to be going by the tick...

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

Hmm. Is that so? Guess I read it wrong.

Not so lame then.

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

It should be 10% per monster hit, reduced by whatever the Exceed Overload penalty is if that affects it. It's designed to recover HP, and person has level 1. I would prefer that Exceed didn't reset the Exceed of other skills, but definitely not let it carry between two skills. There's hardly a reason to use two different ones though since the next job one is so vastly more powerful than the previous one. I could see Demon Strike being useful since it rushes and is a lot faster than Shield Charge I guess.

13. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Demonic Avenger skills look like Demon Slayer skills, but slightly cooler.

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

Hey fiel, is it possible to extract the mobs?
    I wanna see the changes they made to all of em
    If that isn't too much to ask for

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

NLC pots op

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

>Exceed at Penis Sucking

Demon Avengers confirmed for swinging that way, and in the case of females are sumbags.

17. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

Not an option. Fixing this would screw up all spoilers and subspoilers that I create.

18. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

I havn't been keeping up with opinions the way I used to back in the day, so I'm not quite sure how everyone else feels about this. But, I'm honestly quite tired of new classes. It's leaving the remaining portion of the game to rot away without any significant updates outside of a few bosses here and there, or throwaway areas somewhat related to new classes. I'm not sure about everyone else, but as a class that started in Edelstein, I -never- visit Edelstein, because I have zero reason to. When can we get some nice areas again? New continents? The hype, long ago, used to be centered around new areas (I can still recall the excitement that was gathering around the release of Aqua Road and how impatient people had been about it). I'm also disappointed with what happened to the party quests (KPQ/LPQ, etc), but thats a different subject.

I'm not the type to make 20 different types of jobs. As such, I feel like the game hasn't updated very much at all. (Then again, I don't play too terribly much, either. I could be missing something. Just speaking my mind.) Maplestory Unlimited doesn't look so great, but even worse are the two classes that follow. Not sure about "Monster World".

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

We all feel the same way (Pretty much, especially as a new class often presents the risk of yours being nerfed badly if it was the previous flavour). This update really takes the cake though as this class is an offshoot of a class that's already pretty fantastic overall (Even has story, if you're a quester!) and there's no indication yet that there's even going to be an actual new storyline for Avenger.

There's been just one new area released, but that's hardly interesting unless 1) You just want to see something new 2) Your level is below 70 3) You can actually tackle the boss there. Meh, Nexon can try to pry me away but I'm going to stick to my Phantom because I feel he's the most interesting and balanced class still and I honestly don't want to spend that much cash on any other class since one's enough to experience most things. :|

20. Default Re: KMST 1.2.457 - Demonic Avenger

guess not :(