Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [GMS] GMS v123 - Tempest

1. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

why are the new claws/dagger/katara/cane for bowmen and bow/xbow/dualbow for thieves? data error?

2. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

The Mystic Set is very tempting in fact, because you can Chaos those face accessories etc for the WA/MA, mages can scroll those ears, and each additional item is as though they come with that 6WA/MA and +7all.

The Tempest set is... well... not bad given that you only need 8 items. Unfortunately it is not 100% compatible with the Mystic set, unless they consider the ring as part of the set (which is NOT the case despite the name...). So it appears that the Tempest set is a kind of... meh version of Empress. The total coin cost is enormous: 505 coins in total for the full 8 items before considering the ring or the pendant (45 and 30 coins each). AND this is not compatible with the Hellisium capes or belts, each of which cost 233 coins but give 10WA/MA each. That also means that the Hellisium eq are superior to the Mystic set too so I'd get both if I could (but the mastery books...)

I would reconsider getting the Tempest sets tbh... there are other better items to get, like the pocket-opening bag and full AP reset (120 and 150 coins respectively).

The Luminous set is just crazy. 13 items for the set to take effect is just... And they're not particularly fantastic compared to the Empress set, nor are they orthogonal to each other. In fact the total set bonus is equal to the Tempest set bonus. Hmm...... it does look good though and if they're obtainable via the Tempest events then it's not bad for a free/relatively cheap thing...

Which reminds me. The Mystic set is obtained from the Crusader's Codex (i.e. your crusader's shop) so they're orthogonal to the Tempest items. No worries about that then. They're expensive though... takes days of killing Lyka or Horsehead to get that many coins, given that we can only get 100 a day...

Hadriel

3. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

Those Rising Tempest item sets interest me. I wonder what we will have to do to get them.

4. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

I am putting the coin data that I have over here, in case people can't find it in the Tempest patch notes thread.

/edit: See Pixie's video on the shop listings here: http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1060190

Hadriel
    Last edited by hadriel; 2012-12-01 at 05:01 AM.

5. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

No cash shop clothing sets for the new classes, huh? I wonder if that means that's coming later of if there's not gonna be any cash shop clothing sets for Luminous/AB/Kaiser. I guess that's not a huge deal if you can just anvil on these class specific equipment sets.

6. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

I wonder why the Mystic items don't show the set bonuses when you look at them in the Cross Crusade Shop UI???? If I didn;t see the bonus in these extractions, I would never know why I would want them.

7. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

tbh I don't know why. It was a similar case for a number of items with set effects too... the Tempest equipment (one lucky one showed the text)

Hadriel

8. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

I wonder how we can get those Rising Tempest set pieces. I probably can't get them for BOTH Kaiser and Luminous, but still, I think I would work for one of them at least.

9. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

But they're untradable...

Hadriel

10. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

...and? I have no aspirations of being incredibly powerful, it just seems like it would be fun to have the sets and to make my characters look cool.

11. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

Oh I thought you were thinking of collecting them from other chars and transferring it over, given the ridiculous number of items needed. Was assuming unnecessarily. Sorry.

Hadriel

12. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: godrocker
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 181
    Job: Where's My Ship
    Guild: Osmoga
    Alliance: Fjords
    Farm: Elosia

Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

Mmk. There's an anvil for medals now. Waiting for Title Anvil lol.

13. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

@Fiel I hate to be a pain in the ass to you, but can you do that thing I normally ask you for?

14. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

*has over 3k coins save from the old SC days*

Oh me oh my how it pays to be inactive!

15. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

I spent my 2.5k coins spamming belts and shoulders with scrolls because I was running out of inventory space ;_;

Is that two 3rd tier pottable rings I spy? Who do I need to bribe to get my hands on both those rings?

16. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I just checked and the bonuses are visible in the SC shop.

17. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

Items with set bonuses only show their bonuses if you're not wearing that type of item on you.
    So if you un-equip your face acc, eye acc, pendant, belt, and earrings, you'll be able to see all of them.

Also, on a semi-related note, Wence in the Silent Crusade hideout still sells the pendant, belt, and shoulder scrolls =o

18. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

Excellent. Thanks!

19. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

It's a good thing I 20% spammed a belt and shoulder for my Kaiser as temporarily items.

I'm sad that I won't be able to 20% perfect a SC pendant as a backup plan.

20. Default Re: GMS v123 - Tempest

20%? As in the Silent Crusade scrolls that are sold in the shop?

If so, the scrolls are still sold. You just have to go to Edelstein. Can't buy them remotely.