1. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: NoblestGas
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 251
    Job: Noob
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Fancy

Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

I thought it was just me. But my whole computer has been lagging since I got home from school today, so meh.

2. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

We were doing our weekly CHT runs tonight and inside the main cave pretty much everyone was experiencing HUGE LAG SPIKES every 20-40 seconds.

3. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

It's probably from the hit animations on the boss. That's what seems to lag me, is the contact of skills on mobs. Nothing else.

4. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

Top notch game.

I always do wonder what gets lost in translation during the kMS -> gMS transition that causes pomegranate like this to happen.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Even when we were afking for the 1 hour wait time, some of us were getting 1-2 second maple freezes every so often.

6. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

I found a fix for the portal lag. Stand on top of the portal and jump + up key, it's been what I've been doing. It's tedious, but it works.

7. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

This happened back during the Cake vs. Pie event, right? Or was it some other time. Then it randomly disappeared a few patches later?

8. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

Maple's being laggy for me too. Weird because I've never had the town lag that so many others had before this patch. I'm guessing it's a server issue.

9. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

My laptop has now become unusable to play this game. I have a theory on this, though, that seems plausible. We know that there are graphic changes and that the newer artwork requires a higher level of basic functionality. I am finding that my older machines are getting laggy as well. The machines are well above spec, but the video cards are average (largely a collection of older cards as I upgrade). We know that certain graphic requirements exist in order for things like the re-coloring of Mechanic mechs to even show on the screen. Some of these changes result in missing graphics, but it isn't unreasonable to think that some of these changes will cause major graphic lag.

For instance, I have have two main PCs on my desk at home. They are identical in every way except for the video card. The one with the newer card (a radeon HD from about a 2 years ago) has no problems playing maple. The one with the older card (roughly 3 years old and I replaced it because it was too laggy for Starcraft 2)) lags like hell in towns. Heck, it CRAWLS when trying to look at the official Tempest website. There is obviously some deficiency there. Now, this card in my laggy PC is 10x better than the card in my laptop. My laptop over the last 4-5 patches has steadily become unusable in Towns. Kerning, forget it. Ellinia, total crash. My feeling is that the newer NPCs are doing it.

10. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

I haven't experienced any lag issues. The only thing for me is portal/ladders but that seems like a coding change and not a lag thing. Spent about half an hour doing Azwan and no issues with crashing at all. Didn't do any big bosses other than Hilla though so I don't know about that.

My netbook was fine just doing typical FM things too (setting up shop, going out in FME ch1 to get storage and come back). It's a piece of pomegranate but I didn't notice anything different with it.

11. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

Has anyone noticed that just like that you need to stand still in portals, you cant walk and press down at the same time for ropes.
    So you have to stand exactly above it and press down for it to work. It´s really annoying sometimes.

12. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

Yeah, portals don't lag, they just work differently now - that is, if you're pressing any keys other than 'up' there's a delay. Let go of everything, then tap 'up' and you're good.

Same applies to climbing down ropes, if you're pressing anything other than 'down' it takes a bit to work. Kinda dumb.

13. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

Oh god it's going to be hard to break that habit.

14. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

I just tried on my good desktop (GTX 660 TI, 12mbps Ethernet connection) and noticed considerably less lag than on my more-than-adequate laptop setup that worked just fine prior to this patch (Mobile Radeon 5650, 2mbps wireless connection), but still a noticeable amount. Assuming this issue doesn't go away soon I'll do some more testing to determine if it's a hardware issue, an internet issue, or both that's bottlenecking my laptop.

15. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

Aliens respawning causes a split second of lag for me at Corridor 6.

I noticed on my laptop, town lag got worse as well..

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Can't even APQ anymore. Doing ANYTHING causes Maple to lock up now...

17. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

The same happens in Chryse. It is very noticable.

18. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

Some changes from pre-tempest to now :

1.) Rope buffing is the same as casting a buff on flat ground.
    2.) Portals are unforgiving on where you can enter them from.
    3.) NPC chat on the key "Y" no longer auto answers Yes.
    4.) Ropes are hard to cling to.
    5.) My Leafre card set was not working, I switched to another and then back to leafre and it now works again.

19. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

Were these intentional changes in KMS too or were all of these unintended changes?

20. Default Re: Anyone else lagging?

I'm lagging from both frame rate and from server lag. I'm fking pissed. Spammed pot key and the attack still hit me after 1 good sec and I still died. Pissed to the max.

/edit: and no, casting on the rope is not the same as casting on the ground. Trying moving after casting MW on the ground - you can't move until the animation disappears. The same is not true for doing so on the rope.

Hadriel