View Poll Results: Do you fight?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would not give up because I'm innocent and right.

11 36.67%
  • No, it's not worth it to me to try to change public opinion.

16 53.33%
  • I don't know.

3 10.00%
  1. Default The Will To Fight

You're accused of something absolutely horrible that you did not do that will utterly tarnish your reputation but will not carry legal consequences.

There's absolutely no way to prove that you didn't do it, but the only evidence that you did do it is hearsay and speculation.

Do you spend the effort protesting your improvable innocence or just accept the fact people are going to believe what they will and not bother denying it?

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: The Will To Fight

It really depends on what is that horrible thng .

3. Default Re: The Will To Fight

I would deny it if I were asked or confronted about it, however it's a waste of time to try and convince people that I didn't. Once people have made up their mind you really can't do anything to change it. There's plenty of things in the world we know as fact and there are still people who outright deny it and call you names for saying it. That's how stubborn people are. So why am I going to waste time trying to stop them from thinking something they've set their minds to?

I certainly will deny any accusations, as I said, but trying to change minds? Waste of time.

4. Default Re: The Will To Fight

Well, let's use Easy Celebrity Examples. (Note I am not taking a stance on these or expressing an opinion on them or even remotely interested in discussing them, they are illustrative only as possible scenarios in which this could be applied.)

Michael Jackson being a Pedophile.
    O.J. Simpson being a Murderer.
    Lance Armstrong being a Doper.

Put yourself in any of their situations, assume you were innocent regardless of whether you believe they are/were, and what would you do?

5. Default Re: The Will To Fight

I'd deny it at any given chance because i am stubborn as pineapple and hate being accused of something i didn't do/having words put into my mouth.

6. Default Re: The Will To Fight

I think it would be something worth doing for myself, even if in the end it doesn't change anything. At least in my mind I'd know that I kept doing things right.

7. Default Re: The Will To Fight

I'd dig up something even worse about the initial accuser and make it as public as possible. o uo

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I'd not fight it. Can't disprove it, as you said, and so the less noise made about it, the more likely people will be to forget it all.
    Obviously if anyone asks I will deny.

9. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

If its not something that would send me to jail, i would honestly do absolute nothing, i just re-evaluate who i hang with since i can't trust someone who can't trust me in the first place. Then again i give a pomegranate (usually) about what people says about me.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i'd just say the truth and leave it at that, pretty much like sapta said.

11. Default Re: The Will To Fight

I agree with this. If you vehemently fight back in a situation like this it can come off as you looking guilty.

12. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

But see this is an improper mindset to carry as a society in my mind. I should think that someone would be more upset about being falsely accused of something than if I were simply caught and am denying it. I'd be pissed beyond measure if I were accused of, say, doping when I'm an athlete. I spent the entirety of my life to achieve certain goals while maintaining the integrity of the sport, only to have that shattered by some empty chatter to the contrary, I'd be irate and want to do everything in my power to combat the spreading of what I know to be false. What people perceive from my challenging be damned.

13. Default Re: The Will To Fight

The counter to that though is you're already filthy rich, retired and never have to work again, so what do you gain from fighting it? Being a billionaire is just as shiny whether you're loved or hated, ask Trump.

14. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

Because when you have all the money in the world, and it doesn't really matter to you, what else matters but your reputation?

15. Default Re: The Will To Fight

See, I am pretty sure there's a huge philosophical schism there, because for the most part I don't give the slightest beginning of a damn of what people think of me. Having enough money to never see anyone ever again would not incline me more towards caring about their opinion. I think, and this poll is pretty much proving it out, that people polarize pretty strongly towards caring what others think or not caring about trying to change public opinion.

Now I wonder which is group is naturally happier.

16. Default Re: The Will To Fight

Actually if I recall, the generic "I'm so rich" insecurity is typically about your mortality, not your reputation.

You know how I work eos

17. Default Re: The Will To Fight

Don't give a damn. I've got better things to do than to convince people that fairy tales aren't real.

18. Default Re: The Will To Fight

I would make my rebuttal public, deny any accusation if asked, and leave it at that. It's just a matter of opinion and people will believe what they want.

(Note: this basically happened to me maple-drama style)

19. Default Re: The Will To Fight

Depends. On the internet or in real life? I can't be pineappleed to fight someone over anything in real life, I just cut all ties with them and move on.

Actually, I do that online too, usually. Nevermind.