View Poll Results: Which of the two would you buy?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left

33 89.19%
  • Right

4 10.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SP's opinion?

1. Default SP's opinion?

So I'd like a broad and blind perspective and opinion of these pieces, be honest be critical I just want to know which looks better. I'll give details after people have spoken.

Holiday Table Tops

notsureifrightsectionsowe'llseehowthisgoes

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: SP's opinion?

The apple kind of ruins the one on the right.

3. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

That red looks really good on left.

Brown(?) looks ugly on right.

4. Default Re: SP's opinion?

I love the vase on the left. It's very pretty.

5. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Considering the time of the year, I'd go for left. It looks more seasony.

6. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Left looks amazing, like a wine glass of surprise inside.

7. Default Re: SP's opinion?

Ok that was rather quick, 12 vs 1. Here's the back story:

The left is created by me. The right was designed by the head of custom floral for Michaels and then massively produced in China. There are many pieces that have been premade, they all look kind of weird though some are quite nice. Most of them have this weird fruit fetish going on, some even have artichokes in them which confuses me. The introduction of the premades has just gotten me worried that at one point my job will be phased out, that if they sell well enough why would Michaels need to employ me when they can have Jody design and mass produce? Just a little worried, needed some backing up from the public to reassure myself that my designs are good.

Thanks everyone! :)

8. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Both my roommate and I agree with most of the above, left as well. The wine glass vase style is very chic and classy, while the rustic look to the left is almost too vintagey and slightly off with the massive apple.

9. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Honestly, the best ones are handmade and original with creativity; such qualities you obviously put into your work.

10. Default Re: SP's opinion?

What the f'uck were they thinking with their design on the right...

Seriously, if I could buy florals over there, I'd have you mass produce yours. It's. So. GORGEOUS!

11. Default Re: SP's opinion?

I wouldn't buy it, but that's because I'm not big into arrangements. Too much of a slob :P But the thing is, the one on the right has like no coherence. It's just... a bunch of stuff in a holder. I actually think they could've made the apple (apples?) work, but not with the wintery stuff AND the grass stalks. (Seriously, why grass stalks? I am sure there are ways to create the impression of the cusp between autumn and winter, but randomly mixing harvest theme with Christmas theme just doesn't cut it.)

12. Default Re: SP's opinion?

I chose the right because I could actually see the guests at the table/not blocking visibility. That's the only reason I could see the other one would do better.

13. Default Re: SP's opinion?

I got spoiled but my first pick was the left anyway. The arrangement is simply more harmonious and balanced out and while the one on the right doesn't seem exactly thrown together there's really not much arranging in it (Like someone said, it's more like a bunch of sticks put together) and the apple destroys the balance.

14. Default Re: SP's opinion?

Even though I think the one on the left is better looking, I could see it being more prone to damages if it were mass-produced since it's more top heavy.

Honestly, when I found out you do for job, I was surprised that such a position existed, especially at a business as big as Michael's. I feel like it would be more cost-effective to go the cheap "make everything in China and everyone else be damned" route and even though I hate to say it because I think you make some very cool pieces, I wouldn't be surprised if your position were phased out sometime in the near future.

15. Default Re: SP's opinion?

I am expecting my job to get phased out, Hobby Lobby has nothing but premade arrangements now. However, there is a biggggggg demand for people who specialize in this. I take a lotttttttt of custom orders, and I am in high demand to make tree topper bows at the moment. So far the only incentive to keep me around is for the custom aspect, because "Michaels is where creativity happens." Even though I do not generate a large percentage of sales for the store, the theory is my job is pivotal in providing inspiration for customers and a better experience by decorating the store and showing what you can do with our product. I'll go ahead and tell you 90% of the premade arrangements cannot be made with what is in store, because we don't carry it while what I make is what we sell.

It's a back and forth thing, but each pro to having me can easily be worked out by just training sales assosciates to make bows and shutting down custom arrangements.

16. Default Re: SP's opinion?

Sounds like it's time to get some business cards made and tuck them into your arrangements or hand them off personally. After seeing your work, you might also want to consider a floral shop.

17. Default Re: SP's opinion?

Fuahhhhhhhh everyone suggests I branch out and I'd really like to and I bet there's more opporotunity but sometimes I feel like I'm just too inexperienced to be good enough for a legit floral shop. That and I've neverrrrrrr worked with real flowers. After Christmas passes I'm gonna look into it though.

18. Default Re: SP's opinion?

Other people make you feel like you're too inexperienced, don't let them limit you.