1. Default Having survived two assassination attempts, Mexican mayor beaten to death

Article too long to be posted here.
    Link (Sorry for the dailymail)

Other article here

2. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Having survived two assassination attempts, Mexican mayor beaten to death

That's very disappointing and scary. It's also hard to think that these kinds of people even have ways to get who they need.

3. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: Having survived two assassination attempts, Mexican mayor beaten to death

Two dozen mayors..

4. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

This is old...

Anyway, that's what happens when you get the political party PRI back in the presidential chair.

5. Default Re: Having survived two assassination attempts, Mexican mayor beaten to death

06:15 EST, 26 November 2012, it's now the 27th

6. Default Re: Having survived two assassination attempts, Mexican mayor beaten to death

Disgusting.

7. Default Re: Having survived two assassination attempts, Mexican mayor beaten to death

We were talking about this last night and evidently therse more grotesque pictures. I feel such apathy reading this article, it's like they don't give a sh`it.

8. Default Re: Having survived two assassination attempts, Mexican mayor beaten to death

This is disappointing. Not surprising though considering her stance and the situation there.

9. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Still can't believe the government allowed ~24 mayors to be killed.

10. Default Re: Having survived two assassination attempts, Mexican mayor beaten to death

They need to do something about these damn drug cartels. I haven't read into the issue any further than what's been posted on here, but it just seems like innocent people are losing their lives to crooks who think they can do as they damn well please.

11. Default Re: Having survived two assassination attempts, Mexican mayor beaten to death

It's not that easy. Besides mayors, journalists are also a target of these cartels and I've read the story of one other mayor who was murdered. His body was desecrated even more than Maria Santos and it really goes to show just how much power they wield- or violence, if you will. May she rest in peace, she was brave and stood up for what was right.

12. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

This was news in Mexico over a week ago. I was trying to point out how late the BBC article is.

13. Default Re: Having survived two assassination attempts, Mexican mayor beaten to death

Enlighten me by posting the earliest translated story that couldn't have been possibly made until Nov 17th.

14. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I remember seeing it on reddit a while back T__T.

Surprised she didn't have, like, bodyguards when she was dropping her daughter off at kindergarten.

15. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

The guards that are supposed to protect the mayors got removed due to "transition of leadership", leaving many mayors unprotected. It was supposed to last for a small time, but it ended up as a disaster.

16. Default Re: Having survived two assassination attempts, Mexican mayor beaten to death

I don't get what does the transition have to do with removal of guards. Still, this only makes it more tragic as she might still be alive if guards were present.

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Seems like some people got bribed.