Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11/25 Downtime

1. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

Confirming that nexon's finally deleting old clients/patches from their server. That's why patchwatcher isn't showing any of the older entries.
    File not found for all the old client versions. Got the links by browsing various pomegranatety private server sites. :v

Another step in the right direction?
    Making it harder for people to get the clients required to access illicit servers is a pretty bold move on nexon's part.

2. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

Not exactly :/

3. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

However, notice how certain versions are missing.
    No v83, or v111, which are two of the most common versions out there.

4. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

Or the fact patchwatcher only shows the 5 most recent.

5. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

okay fine you win this round :v
    just wanted to point out that the commonly used clients for illicit servers got taken down, because i thought it was pretty neat >:

6. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

This is the Mabinogi FTP correct?

7. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

mapleglobal.com used to be GMS's domain a long while back. I'm surprised that they use it for anything anymore... I guess its just storage to them now.

8. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

another peoblem found, either the webside of patchwatcher or southperry cannot automatically save your chance of patches or your website account

9. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

I have barely an idea what you just tried to say but I think in both cases you've blocked cookies.

10. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

It looks like we may have rolled back as far as 10/27.

Most of November's logs disappeared. I'm not entirely certain the host didn't accidentally delete the webserver and restore it from backup and lie about what happened.

11. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

Was last nights downtime a host issue or something on my end? I wasnt able to access SP for 7 hours and it was still down when I went to bed.

12. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

Had to be on your end, we were definitely up.

Might've been a DNS issue, since I had to revert it to previous settings yesterday.

13. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

Was down for me from just after the SP account posted the perma bans notice on Twitter, was down for at least 7 hours from then if that is of help.

There was some notice about the site being down and that there was no cached version available.

14. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

That notice would mean you were still hitting cloudflare instead of us.

15. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

I was, what would cause me to do that? If it happens again is it something I can fix on my end?

16. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

nbtstat -RR maybe. But odds are your ISP was to blame and if they don't update their DNS records clearing your own is just going to rerequest the wrong ones from them.

You could always use one of the google public DNS as a fallback but seems overkill.

17. Default 11/25 Downtime

I had this issue as well. Probably doesn't change your hypothesis, but just letting you know.

18. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

Was having a similar issue earlier while trying to view the site from my cell. Page only loaded with a banner saying,

"Please bear with us while we settle in" or something to that effect. I forget the exact verbage. I'm aware this is probably in no way helpful, but yeah.

19. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

It was already covered on twitter, IRC and in the notes on the page if you went to the full website (www.southperry.net not just southperry.net)

20. Default Re: 11/25 Downtime

Got the same message as yesterday but this time I tried clearing my cache and I could access SP again.