Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Graphic Cards Opinions: GT220 vs GT620

Both are nvidia chipset of course, manufactured by EVGA. i wanna hear some opinions (Mostly on the GT620) since im going to upgrade my GT220 for that one. And yes im aware of the GTS and GTX series, but they are too much expensive for what i can afford in the next 2 or 3 years maybe.

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Graphic Cards Opinions: GT220 vs GT620

I don't have any personal experience with the 620, but my desktop originally came with a GT640. Unfortunately, it burned out on me due to overheating. Fortunately my parents bailed me out for my birthday with a GTX660 Ti

The 640 was fine for streaming video and acceptable for new games, though definitely on the low to standard settings.
    Not sure what you're looking for in an opinion. I'm a big nvidia fan and EVGA is a very reputable manufacturer with the usual warranties. If the GT620 is the best you can afford, go for it. You should see a significant improvement on the 220, but don't expect the awesome clarity of the GTX series.

3. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    venezuela

Did a little more research and maybe getting the 630 would be better since the 620 specs are a little lower than my actual OC 220 (its a special edition) except for the memory clock and DirectX11 and OpenGL 4.3 support.

Would love to get mid level Geforce cards but sadly i can only order less than 100$ worth or i get charged with extra taxes and pomegranate.

4. Default Re: Graphic Cards Opinions: GT220 vs GT620

My understanding when it comes to GPUs is that the Series number indicates a significant feature change, while the Model number indicates actual hardware differences.

So for example, a GT620 and a GT220 should, in theory, have the same specs. The difference is what features they have, with the GT620 obviously having more advanced features.

If there's no significant feature additions, it might be more worthwhile to buy a lower series but higher number. You may end up with a bigger bang for your buck situation if you do this, especially when the 20s are low on the Nvidia scale. So you might be better off looking for a GT450 or 460 instead. This is just my thought, though. If you're looking for some specific feature on the GT620, then keep going with that. This is just a suggestion based on my experience.

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Went with the most cheaper card i could afford under 100$, a GTS450 for 98$.

Its not that bad, it seems better than GT630 albeit with a bit slower Graphic processor speed (About 30 to 40Mhz) and Shader processor speed (About 70 to 80Mhz), but it has twice the cuda cores and texture fill rate. Memory specs are about the same, with the 450 having more GB/s transfer and the 630 having more memory processor speed.

GT 630

GTS450

Also from what im understanding from nvidia is that models from X10 to X40 are entry level budget cards, X50 and up are more advanced cards ergo more powerful and expensive. A 610 card will never beat a 580 or heck maybe a 480 its more powerful than that 610.

6. Default Re: Graphic Cards Opinions: GT220 vs GT620

you bought an nvidia graphics card

hope you have good ventilation, because nvidia cards run notoriously hot.

7. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Yah i know, im going to keep a good eye on it, besides i have always been with Nvidia so i know sort or what to expect.

8. Default Re: Graphic Cards Opinions: GT220 vs GT620

I've had a better experience with AMD cards in general, but with graphics cards, it's generally the higher number, the better. Just look for the best card on your budget. There isn't much of a difference between the different models of the same card unless it's made for overclocking.

9. Default Re: Graphic Cards Opinions: GT220 vs GT620

GT 640 would of been better. The Kepler architecture is efficient and a lot better than the other ones.

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-NVIDIA-GeF...keywords=GT640

10. Default Re: Graphic Cards Opinions: GT220 vs GT620

GT620. The 220 is a very old card and is probably out of production by now. But either way the 620 will be quite significantly more powerful than the 220 with a lower power consumption.