Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [In Progress] Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

1. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

How many times have Potential Locks ever been buyable separately from a package?

I only remember once when they released and right now.

Whatever the case, they still aren't worth the NX...

2. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

They're rather worthless without Enlightening cubes anyways.

3. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

Potential lock doesn´t work with legendary right? Or are you talking about using it with unique items?

4. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

Really? I thought it only says it doesn't work with Super/Premium cubes?

5. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

I've read up about this and I can't find anything on Enlightening Cubes. On the other hand I'd assume you can't use it on them either.

Source

6. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

Potential Locks only work with regular Cubes.

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

Sunday's Friday Deals?

Okay.

8. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

They should call tomorrow's deals "Cyber Monday Deals" instead of "Monday's Black Friday Deals."

9. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

Oh, then they're rather useless given that the max tier is Legendary. Unless you want to settle for Unique.

10. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

Well, not everyone can afford to cube everything to Legendary with desirable stats.
    Most of my stuff is still Unique and I'm fine with that.
    That one package that came with 30 Cubes and 10 Potential Locks (or whatever it was) is actually a really good deal that many people on here have benefited from, myself included.

11. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Legendary really isn't a whole 'nother world compared to Unique, especially considering the money you can save by simply using potential locks instead of trusting in luck. Of course, if you've got the money, then you might as well go for Legendary, but it's just not worth the money if you don't have a bottomless wallet.

12. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

I agree. The sale now doesn't seem to be worth it but a discounted package of 30 cubes and 10 locks would since you could theoretically get even more %stat or the line you want by locking it instead of going for Legendary since it might take a while to land 2 lines of stats and something else, for example.

13. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

It's actually 35 cubes, and I think the sale is usually for 30k nx or so.

With three packages total, I've gotten so many items to pretty damn good stats (60% Boss as well as 40%+ increase in LUK/all). In contrast, I've used at least 30 super cubes and I got my CZhelm from 9% all to 9% all, 9% LUK. Cubing isn't all about luck, there is actually strategy involved as well.

14. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

That's interesting. Potential locks aren't out in MSEA yet and we've never had any such package sales before so I'll have to look out for this if they ever do sell it!

15. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

I would suggest using S. Cubes on an item until it's unique, then use the normal cubes (without lock) until you get a desirable stat (6% or 9% on first or other lines) on any of the lines, then lock that line and cube until you get a second line with the desirable stat on it. Generally, I wouldn't lock a 3% allstat on the second/third line (do lock if you get 6% though), but if you get one while cubing with lock, I'd keep it.

Although be aware that the cubes/locks usually expire in one week for the sales.

16. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

At this point I can only hope we're going to get a sale. Normal cubes here cost 1900 cash (~RM 5) and the lowest they've been was 1400 cash. It's a good thing my Phantom is strong enough to last some time without better equips (All my equips sans glasses, top and pendant are 6% LUK and above) because I'm holding out for a potential Christmas sale like you guys. This is food for thought though and it's definitely much better than just throwing cubes onto an equip.

17. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Right now, I don't even cube unless there's a sale because I have so much stuff I still need to scroll, haha.

18. Default Re: Sunday's Black Friday Deals!

Well, at least you guys have clean slate events so you can make something that's worthy of being cubed. We had one too courtesy of the publisher not checking that the Bounty Hunter event had clean slates as a reward and that crashed horribly because a lot of players got banned and then were un-banned with their slates being erased. I'm trying to get my hands on a Spectrum Goggles at least since my glasses are the weakest link right now.

19. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Yikes, that sucks mightily. I should have farmed more clean slates during the Bounty Hunter event... bleh. Stupid 5 clean slate limit now

I just got Kenta's Goggles since those are third tier (although Specs are going to be third tier come Tempest, I think).