3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Known Issues: Updated August 1, 2013

I really still can't understand how the final attack glitch made it to the live server with DA patch.

You get rid of tespia because of terrible testers and reports, yet...

4. Default Re: Known Issues: Updated August 1, 2013

Hm, i was not affected by the miracle cube compensation glitch (although a friend was). Looks like Kannas might finally get some justice.

They should really work on removing these though, some of same glitches are up for months.

5. Default Re: Known Issues: Updated August 1, 2013

THIS is the exact reason Tespia needs to be bought back, its not even a hard problem to solve either (referring to the reason it was shut down before) just get a relatively large sample size of people the first few test patches (maybe a few hundred people?), and make sure the people who consistently report issues are ALWAYS invited to every single tespia session that way the odds of bugs going unreported is very small, even if one person thinks of exploiting it, SOMEONE will report it.

Really tespia can only do good things, people would enjoy the game more and be more willing to spend money if it wasn't so bug ridden, AND this would lighten the work load and the amount of things they need to fix, eventually we could have an almost-bug free game like KMS.

The real problem here is that unlike KMS, bugs don't get patched out before they go live for us (most of the time) so the list of bugs GROWS faster than they can patch it, but if we could stop most bugs from entering the live server by patching them beforehand..... problem solved =P

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Tespia isn't the reason KMS is "bug free". It's the fact that it's the central hub of Nexon's best programmers, the place where a vast majority of fixes originate from.

7. Default Re: Known Issues: Updated August 1, 2013

I see; I suppose it would certainly help though, to be able to patch bugs out before they actually come to the live server

8. Default Re: Known Issues: Updated August 1, 2013

It wouldn't really help a ton, because they still need to send to Korea for a fix. The only advantage is that if it's found in Tespia, they can send for a fix earlier but as far as what we've seen either they ignore most reports because of the sheer volume they obtain or Korea asks them to see if the problem persists into the live server before fixing.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

That's the catch, though.

Bugs discovered in Tespia still need (Korean) developer attention to fix. And if you want them fixed before the version goes live, that means immediate high-priority developer attention. GMS just doesn't get that for anything but game-breaking bugs, regardless of where they were discovered.

10. Neon Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Omnicolor
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Rainbow Paladin
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Erictopia
    usa

I feel like if I take the time to make videos of bugs that clearly show something is wrong it would speed up the process of the issue being at least acknowledged. Guess I'll keep bumping. They did fix a harvesting issue I made video about before but it took a lot of bumping before it even got added to the list.

11. Default Re: Known Issues: Updated August 1, 2013

Thats quite interesting, I didn't know they needed that kind of dev attention to fix bugs, thats a REALLY bad way of doing things if you ask me. I can understand needing developer attention to do major things like request gameplay changes or such (I believe waltzing wanted to see if we could have bosses changed to fit the GMS community more, no news on that currently though) but needing developer attention just to fix bugs is a really convoluted way of doing things, that probably slows down the process alot.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Developers (i.e., programmers) are the only ones allowed to modify code, even if it's just to fix a spelling mistake in a text message. This is so pretty much everywhere, not just at Nexon. The problem with Nexon is the way priorities are assigned. They don't allocate enough time to fixing GMS bugs, possibly on the mistaken assumption that since it's all copy-pasted from working versions (KMS or JMS), it shouldn't have any.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

You would think that after YEARS (a decade even!) they would learn to fix this mentality.

14. Default Known Issues: Updated August 2, 2013

15. Neon Atom Straight Male

IGN: Huskey
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 160
    Job: Aran
    Guild: UndiesPatrol
    Alliance: UndiesUnited
    netherlands

Default Re: Known Issues: Updated August 2, 2013

About all that dev-talk...

I'm pretty sure EMS, GMS and MSEA do not have actual developers. I'm pretty sure all the work done for these servers is done exclusively in Korea, and that the local officers are only for GMing/Ticketing/Financials/Thoughts and whatnot. I'm quite sure that Korea decides who gets what when, and that they code it for the versions with all the bugs and whatnot in it. They then leave them like that because KMS has priority for them, which isn't a strange thing.

16. Default Re: Known Issues: Updated August 2, 2013

If GMS doesn't have developers, where did Amoria come from?

...having said that, GMS doesn't have any time to create stuff anymore because they're too busy fixing and catching up to KMS.

17. Default Re: Known Issues: Updated August 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure NA just pitches ideas for exclusive content to its Korean parent company and they take it from there. That's if NA even has any real input on the exclusive content that it receives.

Again, parent company does most if not all of GMS patching and updating to my knowledge. Hence why even small bugs, typos, or glitches can take weeks, months, or even years to fix. I would like to think that if NA actually had a decent control over their content and had the ability to edit on their own a lot of these simple issues listed in the bug list would be fixed as they were discovered.

18. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

nononononononononono!
    I still havent gotten the one-of-a-kind gold dragon! And there's a bunch of gachapon weapons there too!
    Don't fix it nexonnn! That isn't even a bug!

19. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

It comes from Korea (now from Japan). They didn't create Amoria/NLC/CWK in the States. I believe they did create some conceptual drawings for Masteria though, but AFAIK the US development team was taken down a few years ago.

The reason some stuff gets fixed slowly is that they often need to call to Korea for help.

20. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Game development still occurs in Korea, only business operations (for their IPO) is in Japan.
    Nexon Vancouver was shut down and I believe they were helping Klei Entertainment with Sugar Rush.