Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

The first Doms were duped (read: the ones brought to Bellocan), but primals were duped to no end (lol, 80m ea in Scania >_> people won't sell theirs for 2.5b here) so most Doms are made fresh in servers like Scania. The ones in bello are the crafted by: tactics iirc

2. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

Finally, it took them long enough. Good thing i use crappy self made gear

3. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

I bought every piece of equip I own from the FM and I didn't really worry.
    Most of my equips are so crappy that I doubt they'd do anything to them...
    But what does bother me is the fact that I don't feel it's safe to buy anything in the fm anymore.
    And considering how unlucky I don't think I want more and "better" gear.

I'll just stick to my clean empress set and ewand.

4. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

First ticket about demand for compensation answered: A short summary on the short post about the removal of duped items with a link to it by head GM Libra. It contained nothing new, and failed to adress the question about compensation entirely.

Second ticket now asks her to adress the demand, as well as a small essay on good business practice and why they should compensate me. Last chance Nexon, or I am gone after 7 years of not so much as a ban as well as decently frequent NX buying.

For those that did not see my earlier post, Nexon deleted a VIP katara I bought clean a year ago. I scrolled, enhanced, cubed and anviled it myself.

5. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

I hope they do compensate you. My old company provided compensation if services were rendered unusable for a long period of time and we also gave these occasionally based on the customer's record (All agents have a track record of filed tickets and findings) and it's worked wonders even though we were hardly perfect. I also think Nexon in general needs to know more about its product as a number of the items that were removed don't even match the stats of the duped items.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

Unfortunately, she is unlikely to ever read your ticket.
    They probably got thousands of irate tickets about this item removal, and set up an automated response. If their program detects the relevant keywords, it chuckles to itself "So, they want compensation for their hacked items? Ha, delicious tears!" and sends out the response you got. Extremely high chance you will get the exact same form letter again, perhaps "signed" by a different GM.

Did you send them screenshots of the scrolling process, or some other proof?

Good luck.

7. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

I am not in the habit of documenting my gaming unfortunantly. Since I never buy illegitimate items by choice I did not ever think I'd need to.
    I am well aware of their automated nonsense but I feel I must at least give them a chance to make it right.
    Korea is not treating the game especially well ever since BB, so it might be high time to up and leave anyway.

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

8. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

What I wouldnt give to have items removed rather than a perma ban...

Walk away, you wont regret it.

9. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

I saw a post on nexon forums by Hime a few days ago, She stated that the items that may seem legit (scrolled, cubed legit) may be created illegitly (duped/generated) therefore was deleted.

Though I'm not siding with her, with that kind of thinking there doesn't seem much hope for your katara. Especially when there's no way to prove it unless you have a collaboration of screenshots which include you looting it from VPQ.

10. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

Sad to say but I agree that it significantly lowers the chances of getting compensation however stupid the reasoning is. The major problem I have with this is that VIP kataras were a valid item so even if it was a duped/generated item the fact is that they shouldn't delete it since all of the stats were legitimate and anyone who could have enhanced and cubed it would have been able to buy a clean and un-duped/generated one.

*Sigh* Maybe they'll see how badly their decision bites when more people are wary of even clean items since those can be wiped too if it's duped/generated regardless of whether it IS already an existing item.

11. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

I never claimed to know the origin of the clean katara I bought, I demand compensation for the NX I spent, not the item itself. Hardly an unreasonable demand given how I have had it for a year without them doing, saying or even breathing VIP weapons were ever in question. Not to mention the can of worms they open when they target items that you have no way of knowing if they are "good" or not. It would of course be different had the item been undeniably duped, like 90% of all VSS with attack.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

He didn't loot it, he said he bought it clean.

And if you'll excuse me, Hime's explanation is a load of bullcrap. If that were the case, they'd have deleted all the duped 27 att VSS. Since they didn't, the logical conclusion is that they didn't go by item ID, but by item stats. And "perfect-scrolled VIP Katara" fit those stats, so it got deleted.

13. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

That explanation is indeed bull going by how people have advertised that their less than X stat items weren't deleted. PR disaster aside, these does nuts in assuring people that their perfected items may not be the next victims if another mass duping incident happens.

14. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

So the peach is willing to lie to cover up the companies carelessness. What else is new?

15. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

I never said he looted, I was just saying the only way to prove its legitimacy would be to prove it was either looted from VPQ or Gacha. Without that there's no hope in getting any form of compensation.

16. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

You are probably correct about Nexon and how they will respond, but it is nothing but unreasonable to expect players to not only watch out for the known illegitimate items, but also be prepared to loose real money just because we use the FM or trade with others. I do not need to prove that the katara itself is legitimate, only that I had no knowledge about its history. My word and their records should be more than enough.
    I don't want them to say that they are sorry for doing their job, but I do expect them to treat all cases with items that are not the common dupe stat gear as separate and compensate any NX spent where it is due.
    And if they based this purge on stats and not item ID:s god help them.

17. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

They should at least consider this. Flat out wiping every equip even if it has close to no link to that DotzCurrency guy only makes people paranoid and coupled with how perfecting an equip is both luck-based and expensive the message you don't want to send out is "Hey, so I heard you got a clean item and then you made it good but now we're going to wipe it because it looks too much like a duped item even though we keep making sales to encourage you to get those stats!"

18. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

Nevermind, not worth it, everyone knows what really happened e_e.

@CarrionCrow;

Unfortunately the ticket system doesnt cater to anything besides people who have had their accounts breached.

19. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

Second ticket answered in less than a day: Rejection. Short as hell, but it was not automated.

Bye bye MapleStory, we had a good run.
    Maybe I will come back one day, but the korean overlords make that seem pointless with their endless stupidity concerning dumbing down and so on.

20. Default Re: Removal of Illicitly Generated Items

I'm really sorry to hear that even if the outcome was to be expected.