1. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

They could also be parents/older relatives...wait this is nexon we are talking about its probably the time traveling paradox

2. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

I can't see it. I'm completely certain they're older versions of them. In the screen image Link first posted at the beginning of the thread, the new guy is facing a different direction than the NPC image, and if you look at his ear, he has the same exact earrings on as Crow does.

3. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

We have all of that except Mihile.

4. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    usa

Eye colors are different

5. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

I was referring to the post when she said about GMS getting stuff first before JMS the first time. That is, if they already have it and I wasn't aware.

6. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

Not to mention everything just fits. The clothing is similar, their hair is the same (hair streak and all), gun weapon. It only makes sense.

7. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    usa

I've already pointed out that the eye colors are different.
    Starling has red eyes while future? staling has blue vice versa for the crows

8. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

Yes, because one difference amidst the several similarities completely dismisses the idea that they're the same people. It doesn't make much sense to have them be their parents or relatives or anything and make them look almost exactly the same.

9. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

Sofia and Schnizer are probably more successful counterparts to Starling and Crow within the Cross Brigade, kinda like Butch and Cassidy vs Jesse and James from the Pokemon anime.

I'm seeing this go in a "Sofia and Schnizer are better than Starling and Crow in every way, but in the end, it's our heroic underdogs, Starling and Crow, that get the bad guy" kind of way.

10. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

They're most likely older siblings. By the way, only one difference was pointed out previously. More can be made, but that would be asinine since you're so hellbent on thinking that they're from the future.

I feel the same way. All these ideas that they're Starling and Crow from the future are just stupid. Just because Nexon has had some time elements in some of their plots does not mean that all of their plots have time elements.

11. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

I noticed that myself, however...if you're going to pull the time travel game, you'd mind as well make some tiny differences that get people questioning it and then give some lame excuse later. Maybe something like "Well they found some power in the future which made their eye colors change and Crow's hair streak turn red!"

I'm not trying to completely dismiss the siblings/cousins/better duo theories, but right now slight differences can easily have bullpomegranate excuses in the story to explain them while also throwing off the player before the reveal.

12. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

The maintenance was extended for 4 hours... When it finally came up, it was taken back down within 30 minutes. >_> Typical Nexon bullshittery.

On a related note, here's part of the 'story' so far.

The Tower of Trials

The shop sells Eyes of Fire... for 2 Cross Brigade coins each. @_@

13. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

Well, this update sucks.

For the Tower of Trials, you have to fight expedition bosses. The real expedition bosses. All of them. There's no way for most of the players to beat Chaos Zakum, Chaos Horntail, Pink Bean, Van Leon, etc. Everything you do costs Cross Brigade coins, too. Simply entering the tower costs 10 by itself and you have to reenter every time you beat one of the bosses, because you get warped to their actual locations, which means you have to make it back to the Tower of Trials to turn in the quest, costing you another 10 coins to enter. At least the very beginning of the content gives a +4 all stat title, though it's pretty obnoxious to see that floating above my head. Also, these expedition bosses are not instanced, and since they all can be entered alone, it's going to be a massive wait to get into any of the rooms.

I guess this could be counted as "true" end-game content/high level content. This also means Inner Ability is pretty much out of the reach of anyone below level 170.

The only thing there is to do for most players is the Meso Ranger event, because that's the only thing else added with this update. Here goes another month of me just twiddling my thumbs, awaiting Luminous.

14. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

15. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

Lol wow. Seems they pretty much ruined Azwan for JMS. I mean, I'd be okay if it were just normal Zakum and Horntail. But Pink Bean and all of the Chaoses too? That aren't instanced? What the pineapple.

16. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

I'm not sure but I think he might be making an assumption just by the fact that he had to do Balrog and now Zakum, but last I heard he couldn't do Zakum because everyone else is so it's flooded with people.

Nevermind, I'm wrong. I just went there myself and they show you each level...and yeah...you have to do Chaos stuff like crazy. This includes Crazy Ranmaru, Von Leon, and Akyrum.

Edit: So after doing it a bit myself I discovered I kind of like this concept.
    It's basically a Boss Rush Mode. Each boss you kill gives you points towards your IA (I think, it adds it to a menu for the Tower, and the tower has a level stat with your current points/exp, and a % to the next level).
    Grandpa Barlog gave like 50, while Zakum gave 250ish. Link and I are waiting for the safe time to pass for Horntail and then we'll see how much he gives.

Link seems to have hit a bug when it comes to staying inside of the tower. He reported that when he did Rog, he was warped to Henesys, and when he did Zakum he was warped to El Nath. I had neither of these issues, and was warped back to the appropriate tower floor after my runs.

The best part of all of this, is that it warps you DIRECTLY in the boss in question's lobby. That means no Manon Cry/ETCs/Sword gathering for HT, and no long El Nath Mountains journey for Zakum. You are warped directly into the map with the NPC that lets you into the Boss.

Also, you no longer require mules for any expedition. All of them are 1 person minimum so far.

Unfortunately the only issue is that JMS never implemented Instanced Zakum or Horntail, and as a result you can end up waiting still, and with such easy access to the bosses I imagine more people will be doing them than ever before.

I have no idea where Hilla fits in all of this, I don't remember seeing her in the floor list.

Side Note: When Angelic Buster gets released in JMS, expect to see 5-10 minute Tower of Trials full runs, I sure do.
    Last edited by Polantaris; 2012-11-21 at 10:58 AM.

17. Default JMS v306 - Aswan

This patch looks just pineappleing amazing. High level content is NOTHING to peach about, since Maple BARELY has any.

18. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

High level content is amazing, but I don't know... I was expecting it to be something everyone could enjoy. Everyone below level 170 pretty much just has Balrog, Zakum and Horntail (probably not even Horntail) and Mesoranger events for this update. They could've easily included the job advancement level changes and secondary stat removals.

On another note, this title we got (the one floating above my head) is pretty neat. It ranks up when you do these quests and level up your Honor level.

Since I'm rank 36, my title is now +8 to all stats, rather than +4. I wonder what stats it gives at maximum rank. I doubt I'll ever get there, though, because I don't think I'll get much further than Chaos Zakum. Lmao

Also : You do not gain Cross Brigade coins from doing quests inside the Tower of Trials. That means you must do the daily boss elimination quests around the Maple World for ~150ish coins a day in order to sustain your playthrough.

This also means you need to do those elimination quests to RIDICULOUS amounts in order to reset your inner ability and whatnot, because that crap costs like 20 ~ 2,000 coins or some stupid number like that.

Also, if anyone is curious, these are the expeditions you have to face in the Tower of Trials, in order :

-Balrog
    -Zakum
    -Horntail
    -Chaos Zakum
    -Chaos Horntail
    -Hilla Expedition (Easy Mode)
    -Van Leon
    -Akyrum
    -Ranmaru
    -Pink Bean
    -Hilla Expedition (Hard Mode)
    -Empress Cygnus
    -Chaos Pink Bean
    -CRAZY Van Leon
    -CRAZY Akyrum
    -CRAZY Ranmaru

I don't think anyone is going to beat it any time soon -- at least in Keyaki. I think Polantaris and I will make it past Chaos Zakum at the maximum. I doubt we'd ever be able to beat Chaos Horntail. @_@

19. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

Does the story mention Hilla at all? Or do you just fight her in the tower and that's it?

20. Default Re: JMS v306 - Aswan

I think we have to get to that point to find out which currently looks very very unlikely. Maybe Hyper skills will solve our CHT problem, but I don't know.