Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

I'd like to know because, while most builds are suggesting that either Reaper or Advanced Blue aura be left unmaxed, from my training experience both would be more useful than Dark Shock. I'm already doing quite a bit of damage with Quintuple, and since Shock has a cooldown anyway, I don't know if it's worth maxing.

Thoughts? Please feel free to prove me wrong.

2. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

Maybe it's just me but Dark Shock seems to get quite a boost with the hyper skills available, one of which reduces the cooldown by 100% while another can split it into 4 hits for potential extra damage potential due to crits.

The ideal solution would be to max Dark Shock/Reaper with ABA.
    Last edited by FangelXIII; 2012-11-20 at 04:53 AM. Reason: durr

3. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

Those builds are either outdated or stupid.
    Dark Shock is only used in 1 place, and that place is PvP when Dark Gene AND Twister is cooling down
    Not maxing ABA leaves you with permanently lowered status resist as well as being less useful in parties and I still find maxed Reaper useful everywhere when bossing/solo training everywhere except LHC/Stronghold/PvP/Aswan.

Battle King is better period

4. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Good point, I forgot about that. I guess Dark Shock ends up totally useless after you get that skill.

5. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

Honestly, Reaper is as useless as Dark Shock, reaper doesn't proc at any of the higher level training areas i.e. lhc/sh/HoH, or bosses
    With the dark shock hyper skills reducing cd/adding multi hit i would still rather have max dark shock over reaper.

6. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

The Dark Shock Hyper Skills require 149 for Reinforce, 168 for Split Damage and 189 for Cooltime Reduce. Reinforce is very insignificant. Split damage doesn't do anything unless you miss or damage cap. That makes Reinforce even more useless. Cooltime Reduce is useless because Battle King Bar is at 170. Also, Dark Shock makes you do lower DPS. Its only use is the range it has.

7. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

also in kms, evoling world is one of best exp places now, and that monsters are eh easy to kill and amny adn well good exp and so reaper does good job there.
    and reaper doesnt take you tiem to use but shock does, so reaper.

8. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

I thought Evolving World was a Party Play area (assuming that all Party Play areas have monsters with large amounts of HP, a la LHC and Stronghold)?

This thread is making me rethink my decision of maxing Dark Shock over Reaper...

9. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

Meh, i have max dark shock and 13 reaper atm. I never use reaper or dark shock and by the time evolving world comes out, i'll be 200 anyway lol

10. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

They are party play with special cores, otherwise, they are regular monsters.

11. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

reaper is so much better than shock, so much better than it was when we first got it

it procs on attack, instead of on kill

so >tornado

12. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

When did that happen?

13. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

been like that for months
    it's so great it triggers so much more often now ;_;

and since reapers attack your reapers can summon reapers and it's just reaper city

JUST FREAKING LOOK AT HOW CRAZY THIS IS

14. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

Damn, I gotta get back to my BaM.

15. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

There was never any changes to how reaper summoning works. That description is the same as when battle mage was first released.

16. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

it used to say summon at a 10% chance when you kill a monster.
    Now it says and acts as a "summon at a 10% chance when you attack a monster."

17. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

Its been doing that since the Battle Mage revamp either before or after Phantom, I forget which direction that was. It was doing it potentially earlier, but that's when I really made a Battle Mage.

The same revamp that gave you the ability to use all three auras at once. That's why in some older threads I was confused as to why people said Reaper was useless. It was great map control assistance when I leveled my BaM back then.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Would have helped if NEXON TOLD US.

19. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

Does it work on bosses now then?

20. Default Re: How often is Dark Shock used in 4th job?

going on to test right now, been a while
    it does not work in dojo
    nor am i sure if it works on bosstagged monsters
    if it doesn't, then it's clearly not working as intended, or as advertised