Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/eve...rogress/00FUb/

2. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

Too bad there aren't really cool Mexico themed cash shop items.
    I'd like a sombrero and a poncho and burrito to cover my weapon. *I don't like tacos, so no tacos*
    Maybe taco shoes?

2-6east class for me, just noticed. Meh... there'll be more 2x events.

3. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

Ope. Got class at three. Probably will only be able to catch the later half.

4. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

And when will come MS for Latin Americans?

5. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

Never. Please.

6. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

MapleStory Brazil crashed and burned, telling Nexon that it isn't worth making a region-locked game for South America. Not yet anyway.

7. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

Not only that but (iirc) there was a research that showed that Mexico or Latin America in general isn't good business for Nexon. I'd assume it has to do with our poverty levels, how most of us want everything for free, and how prone we are to cheating.
    This is quite old, and who knows how much has changed... how much we have changed.

@Dudewitbow Actually, I wouldn't put Brazil in that. They're sort of different to the spanish speaking latinos, culturally speaking. I mean, are you sure they were BR?

8. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

I can confirm this statement enough when I played Grand Chase and Cosmic Break. very common for Brazilians to make trainers.

9. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Countries in South America can play EMS since it's not in their blocked countries list.

10. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I say it's because online gaming here is pretty odd to see. The most and you could say "only" famous online PC game is World of Warcraft here.

The only reason me and my friends began MS was because of the Warrior, Magician, Bowman middle age type classes + free to play.

I'm glad Nexon appreciate us. Maybe send over some Karma Koin cards?

11. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

But EMS still have a lot of problems... GMS is FAR better than EMS...

12. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

Not to mention we've been here for longer and that the language barrier isn't so hard to overcome.

13. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

Wow, first Mexico Appreciation Day.

14. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

Lolz Nexon shouldn't support the stereotype that every latin speaking gamer in MS is a "Mexican". Oh well this is a good thing.

Brazil is not the best place to set a gaming company in South America. There are better places like Peru or Chile with a growing gaming industry (still pretty small but big within the area.)

A South American server for MS could work in the hands of a smart company. To keep the game under control they can compensate the lack of technology with manpower (something NexAn should be doing). I don't don't many South American game publishers but I believe Axceso5 has been doing quite well with games like Audition (previously a Nexon game) and Operation 7.

15. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

I understand that Brazillians are slightly different being Portuguese speakers and not Spanish speaking. statement was more refered to latin and south america possibly as a whole(One thing I admire of these countries is strong connections with each other, be it familial relationships or an online game). It was probably a really broad statement to make in my case, and if it offended anyone in some sort of way, I apologize =X

16. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

Looks like nexon is appealing to all players finally

17. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

*cough* europe, *cough* middle east

18. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

They have a EMS. And Arn't most of the middle east countries banned from playing due to advertising?

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Banned due to advertising? What's that?

Players in Middle Eastern countries can create accounts in GMS and play normally. They don't have another "regional version" they are directed to.
    Some countries, maybe all, are blocked from charging NX using credit cards or Paypal, being a "high risk" of fraud.

20. Default Re: ¡Viva México! - Mexico Appreciation Day

Now that I think about it the number of Israeli players I've seen is far less than it used to be. Did something happen? Or maybe it was just because of my old IGN (Azraelii - like every other day I'd get some rando trading me and asking "israel???").