IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Default Battle Mage or Mech?

Which one is better in your opinion for bossing and training? I know every class has its cons, but factor in all the hyper skills that each class will be getting.

2. Default Re: Battle Mage or Mech?

Voted for Battle Mage. They're not only the kings of partying, training also seems to have become easier with more skills to use and I'd pick a Battle Mage over a Mechanic in a bossing party although both are useful.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Battle Mage or Mech?

I'm rather biased since I have a Mech. Battle Mage seems to have loads more passive support via auras, but I really love my active summons in the form of robots. And it's a mini-Mecha.

4. Default Re: Battle Mage or Mech?

I'm gonna go with Battle Mage xP
    I own both a Mech and BaM, so I've got a good idea on how they both play and though both are good and interesting I'd have to say with certainty that Battle Mage have a much better time with training. Their skills work together really nicely, so they're able to move around and attack things very quickly, and their buffs really help make not as costly as you would expect a mage to be. You never have to use HP potions during normal training as you have loads of defense and a great healing buff skill 'Blood Drain' which activates every time you attack.
    In contrast to that, though I haven't hit 4th job on my Mech yet, so far I've noticed that despite the way they look, they are very squishy, and do not have enough HP or def as you would expect them to. They're fun and it's really interesting setting up your little bots around the map, they won't have it as easy as Battle Mages do when it comes to training.

As for bossing, I don't do much but I have a really good feeling that Mechs > Battle Mage on that part. Seige Mode is a fantastic 1-on-1 skill, and it's a toggle now, so you can activate and deactivate it whenever you please. Though this patch has also helped BaM when it comes to fighting 1-on-1 by giving them Battle Rage in 4th job which makes your attacks focus on 1 enemy and buffs up your dmg a pretty good amount.

Anyways, all in all I vote for Battle Mage though I'm sure you'll find a reason to enjoy both.

5. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

both are very niche kind of jobs and will probably have varying levels of people likeing one over another as they are pretty different. I'm more of a Mechanic Guy but it doesn't disregard that Battlemages are still capable, and loved when in a party.

6. Default Re: Battle Mage or Mech?

With the most recent updated, they added a skill for BaMs that allows you to focus your damage on one enemy. With it, I can nearly double my damage while attacking a boss, so my vote goes to BaM.

7. Default Re: Battle Mage or Mech?

I voted for mech, factoring hyperskills and what not i still think mech has some cool stuff to give and squishy? yeah but hyper skill buff gives more hp and dmg reduction and mech has some good pdr by itself maybe they are not the easiest to give support in comparison with a bam but they at least has some.

8. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I think it's easier to fund a pirate but mages have more %int potential.

9. Default Re: Battle Mage or Mech?

Mechs are honestly OP right now and hyper skills just made them more OP.

The only downside is that they're a mech....
    Mounting gets really frustrating, and is not that mobile at all.

Bam's on the otherhand are pretty strong, but lots of bam qq about skills being repetitive.

10. Default Re: Battle Mage or Mech?

For leveling, do be warned it gets stale pretty quickly in 4th job if you're into efficiency. After Advanced Dark Aura and Finishing Blow get maxed training remains the same pretty much forever seeing as the other 4th skill jobs are niche. Well, until Hyper Skills anyway. Would not recommend Battle Rage, Twister, or Dark Genesis for leveling since spamming Finishing Blow is still faster and you need to be able to mob. Bossing is a whole new ballgame though, You're beloved for your auras and you have Party Shield which can really save a seducee's ass if done right. Hyper Skills seem pretty par for the course from what I can tell but I could be wrong. I haven't played mech, just wanted to chime in on how battlemage is to help you understand it a little bit better.

11. Default Re: Battle Mage or Mech?

i would say mech.

after hyper skills, mech seems to have a bit higher dpm than BaMs.

ive played a mech once, and its really pot consuming, but at 150 u get a hyper skill that reduces 30% of dmg done to u, increases 30% hp and status resistance, and i'd say u could sacrifice a bit of pot usage for more damage. as for party skills, BaM has Auras, but Mech has amplifier to boost party members dmg too.

though i will also say that BaMs are still a good choice, and are not the "one of the lowest dpm" jobs anymore due to revamps in the past & hyper skills such as battle king bar.

both jobs in kms have soloed empress~

12. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I'd go with a mech. I have both a mechanic and a battle mage, and I find the mech to be a lot more fun because it has a large variety of moves that it has to cycle through to stay effective. My battle mage basically just spams one attack over and over now that they've turned their Finisher skill into a Final Attack, and the fact that Twister Spin no longer has the ability to move around doesn't help much either.