Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

So hey.

I managed to finagle my Empress equipment on without enough dex to equip it.

The catch? It's only one piece of the Empress set. And my total dex isn't enough to equip it without including its own stats...

Figures: 162 dex, +18% dex (15% all, plus the 3% dex on the axe) = 191.16 dex.

But, if you think about it - that means that without the Battle Axe, my stats are
    142 dex, +15% dex = 163 dex.
    Even including the 3% dex,
    142 dex, +18% dex = 167.56 dex.

The only conclusion left is that the %stats potentials, applied to the Battle Axe's 20 dex, are allowed to be included in the total.

So it's certainly checking whether the item can be equipped by doing
    191 (total) - 20 (equip) = 171 > 170.

Just thought it was interesting how potential can abuse stat requirements. And that I can only do this because of the 3% dex on the weapon itself; if I recube it I can't wear it. (since 162*1.15 = 186.3 dex, which would come to 166 without the weapon's stats)

2. Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

This might be a case of some weird bug I encountered the other day in JMS.

I had just equipped my Empress gear on my Kanna. I did Zakum. Forgetting that unequipping a piece would screw up my LUK, I equipped the Zakum Helm that dropped for the trait (I forget which one it gives, I don't really pay attention). None of my gear unequipped, but I couldn't equip my Empress Hat again. Having forgotten that the LUK was all messed up, I checked out my LUK stat. It was 233. The helm only gives 15. So I was completely confused as to why my LUK was not enough. I unequipped my Zakum Helm. My LUK dropped to 143. I have no %Luk gear at all. None. Zakum helms give no stat bonuses outside of the +15. There's no set effects for having a Zakum helm. The potential did not give LUK. I have absolutely no idea why my Zakum helm was giving +90 LUK. As far as I remember, nothing else was getting boosted insanely. My INT was not getting +90, just my LUK.

Maybe your Axe is having some weird issue where it's giving more DEX than it should, like my Zakum helm was with LUK? I honestly have no idea if these were related, I just thought of it now when I saw your post mentioning getting more DEX than you should have.

There might be no correlation between the two at all, but I don't know. It's really weird.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

mind telling me the luk of your kanna luk-requiring equips? i'm guessing one of your kanna equips gives 48 or more luk

and about stereo, yeah, potential apparently doesn't count as part of the equip, a question though, can you equip and unequip it without the need to move gears around to get the required dex?

4. Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

They're all pretty much clean Empress pieces. I haven't scrolled any of them because chaos scrolls are too much of a gamble for me to do, so I'm hoping there's another event with Positive Chaos Scrolls in the future.

My Helm gives between 20-25, I don't remember the exact number off hand. I know it's below average somewhere because it's grey named but I don't remember if that was in INT/LUK or just in Defense. It's the only thing that was unequipped. Even without it by the LUK I have I should have been fine, because my current LUK is above the 220 mark. Without the helm I would still be above the 170 mark, even without the +20 All Stats set bonus.

Even without the helm, I still had 233 LUK. Unequipping a 15 LUK Zakum Helm would put me at 218, which is also above the 170 mark. There's absolutely no reason that the Zakum Helm would be influencing my ability to equip my 140 set that I can see.

5. Donator Straight Male
    panama

well, it would depend, you would have to have had some seriously scrolled gear or something, i made this thread for basil to understand how the "glitching empress gears" worked, so i'm quite curious about your case.

6. Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

I literally have no LUK % at all, and the only LUK I get is from Empress pieces and other stuff that gives + to all. I have 30 base LUK as well because back when I was in my normal gear, I didn't have enough + LUK from gear to be able to equip my normal stuff. I could count how much LUK I have from Non-Empress gear but I doubt it's much, probably not over 30 or 40.. It will have to wait until I get home from work.

I'm really really baffled by this myself, and it ended up costing me an extra 20m just to replace the LUK potion to re-equip my helm. Although it's technically my fault, I should have known better, it's still really confusing how 233 LUK went down to 143 with a +15 Zak helm. I don't intend to do it again for screenshots because it's an utter waste of money though and I'm trying to save for a Dragon Tail Fan. Sorry in that regard.

7. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i don't need screenshots or anything, just the numbers o.o

piece of empress gear = X luk
    total (current) luk with all pieces = Y

assumming you haven't changed any gears since then. if you don't want to then that's fine then.

8. Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

233 - 15 (zhelm) - 20 (5 set bonus?) - 30 (overall) = 168, which would be enough to drop everything. I'd be interested in knowing the stats shinku is asking for as well.

9. Donator Straight Male
    panama

set bonus works for the requirement too, so it should have stayed equipped. unless he only lacked one of the 6 pieces. in the first place.

edit: yeah, he's missing the fan, this is most probably the correct answer.

10. Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

Where do you get -30 for the overall?

Only the hat was unequipped. The remaining 4 pieces stayed on so long as I had the zhelm on.

My current LUK is 249(34+215) with all 5 pieces equipped.

My helm gives 25. So with -10 from it being a Zakum helm instead of the Empress Helm, that's 239. Not sure why I had 233 in my head.
    239 - 15 from the Zak - 20 from the Set Bonus = 204.

I have +23 LUK in non Empress Gear and 34 Base LUK. My Empress Gear, including set bonuses, totals 118.
    118 + 23 + 34 = 175
    If Haku's fan counts for my LUK, I have another +12 because it's Potential gives +12, but I'm not sure if it does. Let's say that it does. That brings it to 187. +30 more from the 1st job stat buff brings it to 217. All Stat + 15 and All Stat + 10 from Cannon Shooter and Hayato Link Skills brings it to 242. I'm not sure where the last 7 is from, I might have missed something. I have +0% LUK, so it's not that.

Still, I'm at 249.
    So, like I said earlier:
    249 - 25 - 20 = 204. Even without the Zakum Helm I should be able to equip it all, yet for some reason I cannot. Even if the overall somehow was in this, even though it also has the 170 LUK requirement, that's still 174 LUK, which is still above the requirement. It really makes no sense to me. I must be missing something but I just do not see it.

11. Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

Shoot for some gloves or a cape, as both of those TYPICALLY in my experience don't come with dex on them by default (making them easy to replace).

12. Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

Last 7 from character card set bonus, maybe (hero/adventurer/resistance)? Do you guys have that?

I take -30 for the overall because when considering LUK for equips, typically the equip doesn't count its own LUK. In other words - your overall cannot use its own LUK bonus to support its LUK requirement. I consider the overall because it contributes the most to LUK. I'm not really sure how the set bonus works towards the requirements but if you drop it when the overall falls off the math works out.

To be able to keep the overall on, you need 170 LUK not including the 30 LUK from the overall itself. When you take the ZHelm off, the overall is looked at - do I have enough LUK to wear the overall as if I wasn't wearing it? It sees that you have 168 LUK without the overall, and the overall falls off. You lose the 30 luk from the overall. The same thing happens to the rest of your equips, but the overall is the most important for keeping everything on.

13. Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

Nope, have 162 dex without it and it won't let me. At least I think so, can't check 100% during SC.

Not planning to cube this one (come on, it's +3 60%) so the 3% dex is not a problem.

14. Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

Ooohey, if I make an axesader can we be axesader buddies? I'll go get Zenkat to organize the ceremony allowing us to enter the brotherhood.

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

now you confused me too. and yes, for empress equips, the dex of each equip itself doesn't count for equipping itself, so if you have three equips that have 30 luk, you need to have a total of 200 luk with all three equipped, or all three will red out.

7 is from codex maybe?
    and well, with the old number of 233 it worked, and now i'm confused from where you got the 249 from. but eeh, a quick vid of how this works i guess:

here you can see that when i gain the 1 dex, my dex shoots up to requirement+highest dex given (170+32 from the partisan).

and the "indepth" guide i made for basil
    http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/247...ss_equips.html

16. Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

I didn't know that a specific piece's LUK didn't count after it was equipped. I knew that it didn't count BEFORE, but I thought that once it was equipped it just read from your overall LUK and didn't care that +X was from the same piece that's testing the requirement.

That would explain it if I indeed had 233/243 like I originally thought. I'm not sure what increased it by 6 points to make it 249 at this point though, I haven't changed my gear nor have I added to my LUK since I equipped my Empress set.

I would test to see if it still happens, but as I said earlier it would cost me over 20m to replace the LUK potion so that's just not going to happen. If I ever get an HTP (Which relies on Nexon fixing bugs, lololol), I will try it then, but that will probably be long after this has been forgotten.

17. Donator Straight Male
    panama

what about asking a canonneer for the buff?

18. Default Re: Potential equipping itself - everything went better than expected

Can they transfer a LUK buff? I thought all they had was the link skill, which I already have.

19. Donator Straight Male
    panama

mega monkey magic=+40 all stats when maxed o.o party skill.