View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy 7

10 71.43%
  • Final Fantasy 8

4 28.57%
  1. Default Having hard time deciding between these two games.

Looking to spend the rest of my PSN points so I decided to get a game so I picked between these two titles which is Final Fantasy 7 and the other one is Final Fantasy 8, just looking to know which one would be better such as story line and length of game play also sorry if this is in the wrong section.

2. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

I never played 8, so i can't really give you a comparison. Well, i've played my cousin's maxed out file randomly and that kind of stuff, but it isn't really fair for judging. ( I was young back then)

I prefer 7 though because of the randomness in it and probably nostalgia... I was 9 when I first encountered the 'Honey Bee Inn', replayed it at age 19 and i was totally amused by how much went over my head back then.

Story-wise, don't be fooled. a lot of people paint out cloud to be 'moody' or 'emo'. but don't buy into it, he's got a wider range than that. You'll get silly moments as well as eerie/dark ones as well.

Length of gameplay... i think my most recent main story playthrough was about 30 hours, but I've played through it before. There's some pretty good post-game challenges too though, with some pretty OP materia (the games' customization system) as well as postgame bosses that give you plenty of reason to hunt them. Along with other secrets to find in the game. The minigames are also plentiful, and WERE passable for the time period, now they just feel like crap and will probably annoy you.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Let's put it this way, FF8 is a very evil game unless you know how to keep your levels at a minimum. Yes, that game punishes you for leveling by making the enemies level with you. That in itself gets really bad if you're unprepared for such dynamic scaling. FF7 is a classic, forget the haters. And to me, Cloud is at least not as grumpy as Squall.

4. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Hahaha, this made me laugh.

Go FF7. It will be better worth your time over FF8.

5. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

Really? I just kinda level grinded and didn't even notice that they scaled lol.

6. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

They did level scale but you wouldn't know the true consequences of it until you do something like going to the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell and you encounter monsters that will chomp you up for dessert if you never bothered to learn your junctions. I say go for FF7; I never played it but it has GOT to be better than FF8 with its contrived plots, its dumb Junction system that's almost as broken as potentials, the mostly bland characters (Would have forgiven it if there was more Laguna but no...) and how everything basically makes no sense when it comes to it.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

If you were Junctioning everyone you probably didn't notice it as much. However, if you didn't know how to make the best use out of Junctioning you're toast against bosses like Omega Weapon.

Properly Junctioned however.... no level up..... you can still get crazy shenanigans like this. Who even needs levels and stats?? :v

Almost as broken as Potential? Heck, it's probably even worse. Level 13 and under, still manage to get near HP cap and deal near damage cap damage? WhatIsThisIDon'tEven

8. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

9. Default

FF 8 is great if you just can't help but start laughing when the lead female character gets worn as a bra by the villain you are fighting.

10. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

Option 3: neither

not familiar with the PSN but FFIX is the superior FF out of 7,8,and 9.

11. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

What, pics plz.

I despised that game too much to get that far. I played 9 first, and after enjoying that game's story and cast, I couldn't be bothered to trudge through 8's slow story and boring characters.

I enjoyed 7 too. I say go for that.

vvv
    edit: WOW.

12. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

HEY GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK? AREN'T FEMALE LEAD CHARACTER SOOOO IN THIS SEASON? I'M REALLY LOVING THE WHOLE LEGS JUTTING IN MY CROTCH FEEL. FEELS SPECTACULAR.

13. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

Thank you for condensing the sheer horror and quality of this game into one screenshot. I'm not even being sarcastic, this is the picture I'd use to horrify other FF8 players if I ever meet another one that has forgotten this.

14. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

Another thing that amused me (spoilers):

Spoiler

15. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

Neither are very high on my FF list, but I'd take 8 by a hair.

16. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

Literally out of nowhere sums up about half of what I learned from FF8.

17. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

Games with predictable plots are so overrated.

18. Default Re: Having hard time deciding between these two games.

Out of those two, I'd say 7.

My opinion, get 9 from PSN.