IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

Accuse? Have you been living under a rock? Maple HAS been power creeping for years. This isn't a "new" thing.

2. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

It is mildly possible to kill magnus with a group of 6(they would have to be very high tier) in terms of DPS but it is apparently very hard to deal with the attacks + balls + environment.
    The burster that continued to solo it had magnus somehow locked most of the run. He had to go all the way to 10 million seeker + hyper just to be able to record that video.

3. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

Have we actually seen any one kill hard mode Magnus besides the Burster party pre-nerf?
    I'm interested in seeing how Nexon intends to keep a devoted player-base when the hardest boss in the game requires dumping an insane amount of funding on the most powerful class in the game to even have a chance at defeating it. The falling meteors were a nice start, but they're going to have to be more creative then that.

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

Nope.

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Did you miss early PB and Empress? Nexon does this to all their "big" bosses and yet we're still here playing...

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

PB was intentionally designed around the Potential system, but having Magnus designed around ONE CLASS is retarded, especially considering Soul Seeker is being nerfed into submission and beyond.

7. Mercury Straight Male
    Kansas

Pink Bean and Empress doesn't even compare to what Hard Mode Magnus is.
    Nexon is going to have to come up with different methods of making bosses instead of "Make x boss a dps sand bag with such hp that only the strongest players of the strongest class can beat by spending x amount of dollars on the game". Pink Bean and even Empress can be done with a devoted party(ies) of average players, so new players don't have to come in discouraged. Making content with the assumption that everyone is going to have the ability to spend insane amounts of money to experience it will push players away.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

Magnus wasn't designed around angelic buster. Magnus was designed around hyper skills, with help from whatever they come out with in the winter update and beyond to make people stronger.

@above: A new boss being stronger than really old hardcore bosses? Shocker.

9. Mercury Straight Male
    Kansas

Because Hyper Skills are obviously working, that's why we've seen Hard Mode Magnus downed by someone other than an Angelic Burster pre-nerf.

My issue isn't that Magnus is stronger, my issue is that only one class can hope to stand against him if they pumped enough money in when the class was at its fullest power.

My point is that they're going to have to make Boss fights more strategic than throwing dps around, because that this point the only thing they can seem to do is increase the HP and the defense to the point where, once again, only the absolutely strongest of the strongest class can hope to participate in the fight with some success. Nexon is pushing themselves in a corner, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get another game/complete class revamp to make room for even BEEFIER bosses so they can actually avoid putting thought into this.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Quoting me just made it harder to ignore you. It's a self-defeating action.

I am the baby. You are the Grand Galactic Inquisitor.

You forgot then rebuffing older classes to make them not suck so much, or turn them back to OP status. See Dual Blades/Mechs/Demon Slayers/Cannoneers. I'm probably missing some others, but my point is still made and I don't feel like listing them all.

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

That sentence alone shows how wrongly this game is being designed. New content is not being designed so that old players can possibly do it, it's being designed around getting as much money out of us so that we can "properly" use the new special class with completely different rules to do it.

A single class should not redefine everything about the game, especially without using those redefinitions for the other classes, and every new boss shouldn't be designed to be so powerful that only the new class can kill it. That's HORRIBLE game design. It makes me sick thinking about it.

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW buster nerfs

13. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

As a demonslayer, I find these changes ridiculous buffs.

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

According to Leafre, there's also a new mount called an Onyx Jaguar. Offers 120% Speed/Jump and 50% Stance.

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

I'm sorry, what new content requires that I empty my wallet and hurl the contents at the game to be able to do it? Am I being billed for all my whispers, my chats, every character I type into the chat box? Do I pay entry fees to be able to do PQs and Monster Park? Do I have to pay for a special permit to participate in events? How many training areas require that I pay to use? Do I need to cube all my equips to legendary to train effectively?

The only content I would say you really need to throw your money is are the new bosses.

What can you honestly say Angelic Burster has redefined about the game? Pretty much just bosses, no? Saying that this single class has redefined everything about the game is a bit of an overexaggeration, isn't it?

Besides that, the fact the super funded Angelic Burster was able to solo Hard Mode Magnus in 14 out of 30 minutes, and with the nerfs, probably impossible to solo now, doesn't mean it's the only class that can kill it. Yes, it killed Magnus, but that doesn't mean that the only way to kill Magnus is to throw all your money at an Angelic Burster, it just happens to be the easiest way.

16. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

Isn't the White Jaguar 150/120 with 50% stance?

17. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

Yes, but I'm willing to assume that the difference being is that the Onyx Jaguar can be obtained like the normal Jags and Jaira as Snow White remains an event only thing.

18. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

PB and to a certain extent Empress are comparable if you were around during their release. There has been a lot of power creep (and Empress nerf/fix) that allows these devoted parties to have a chance. They sure as hell weren't being killed sans hackers at the beginning. Maple devs love to design literally impossible to kill bosses then in the next 3 months allow heavily funded players to kill them. Everyone else has to wait 6+months to kill in party.

I didn't say it was a good idea, just that it's the trend.

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

Actually, I think it's also 120/120, before the bonus from the riding skill first job, so they should be the same, I think?

After the Resistance revamp, you'll be able to obtain Snow White like the other Jaguars, but of course, it's rarer.

20. Mercury Straight Male
    Kansas

That's my entire point,(although I was on hiatus for Empress so I can't say much here), We couldn't defeat Pink Bean until the potential system+ Dual Blades were released, which also helped to usher in Big Bang.

Since Nexon Korea doesn't seem to want to develop Bosses that require any real strategy out of attacking whenever you can I'm interested to see how they're going to address the issue. They're going to be hard-pressed to make content tougher/higher than Magnus at the moment without some serious tweaking/upgrading to actually make it possible.