Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

My point was that it doesn't matter that it's not possible for everyone. I never said doing cap on AB was easy, I realize how difficult it is to get to those ranges - but in the funded world of maple, plenty of people with over 250k range exist. The problem is that it's possible at all. Just like how "normal" maple players will never dream of being able to solo Empress, 99.9999% of people will never be able to hit cap on Angelic Buster. But a boss like Magnus all but requires you to have Angelic Buster there, doing more than any other class is capable of doing.

In GMS we already have issues with the enormous difference in the amount of funding your everyday player has compared to dupers, hackers, and people who drop multiple thousands into this game. The regular damage cap kept this difference reasonable, if you can call 28 million damage per second reasonable. Angelic Buster makes the previous limit look like child's play.

I knew three phantoms in Khaini alone who had over 500k range. I know two Mihiles with over 400k range. How about Zero of Windia? Or Proxied in Bera? Plenty of people with unreal ranges and 300-400+%stat exist. I'm not even that strong or unique in the grand scheme of things compared to top-notch duped equips and my Rapid Fire has a maximum capability of over 6m damage on regular bosses. It's going to be a problem when she hits our servers, trust me.

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

The point of giving Angelic Burster higher caps was so it would be possible. I don't see a problem with the people who put the time and money into it, disregarding where their resources came from, being able to those caps. But my point is there's always been people like that who will aim for the top, and get there, but I don't feel that that makes the class itself bad, in a way, because it's not easy for everyone to do that, it does take time and money, and it'd be a bigger problem if everyone was able to. I don't think the fact that a few people can do that merits nerfing how strong it could possibly be.

The larger gap is a problem, yes, but, comparing new class Angelic Burster to all the old classes is like comparing apples to oranges. Plus, I wouldn't call it outrageous that the class known for, and seemingly designed for, damage is, shockingly, good at dealing damage.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

Actually i think that the point of angelic buster is for her to be the "star of the battlefield" by standing out in the most extreme way possible. What better way than to give her more potential through insanely high damage cap than what i hope is any class they decide to create in the future?

It's hardly unbalanced for 95% of players, and the others don't really care THAT much because they can do mostly everything in the game whether they are or are with an AB.

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

We've seen what happens when the damage cap gets raised from 100k to 200k and now to 1m. Zakum used to be the ultimate boss. Now everyone and their mother can solo it. Pink Bean was undefeatable for months. Now half my buddy list can solo PB like it's no problem. I understand that a game needs to grow this way in order to progress to more upper-end content, but how many random maplers can say they're able to use this content? When a newbie to Maple asks how to make mesos from scratch, or how people spend billions and billions of mesos to buy gear and they're having trouble just paying for potions, what do you say? Sell NX? Spend months upon months doing nothing but merching to maybe make enough mesos to simply buy a clean empress cane? It's plain that an increasingly large number of players are already dissatisfied with how far down the road of pay-to-win maple has become. I understand that a game needs to grow this way in order to progress, but it's no good to simply stretch the extremes of capability without increasing the median.

5. GLADIGATORS
    usa

You make it sound like stretching the extremes of potential is all Nexon does. Updates that are actually relevant to the high tier maplers are few and far between. Hyper skills benefit those who can't break cap too, but it's still heavily based on the assumption that you can break cap already.

A lot of your issues are solved by a system KMS has but we don't; cash trade system.

6. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Ignore me.

Those "few" people are all it takes to get items that shouldn't have normally been obtained without them being there.
    Those "few" people have already made a big impact on this game. Angelic burster just makes that even easier.
    Last edited by Bomber; 2012-11-12 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Told to him multiple times already.

7. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Interesting, very interesting.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Did I miss something or were the "changes" to Giga Slasher and Blue Streak already in the last KMST?

9. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

The ones you saw were for the (Transfiguration) version.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Non-Trans Giga does 10 hits, got nerfed to 9. Where's this "12 -> 11" coming from?

11. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

Edit:They're going the opposite direction of what I wanted with Burster. I feel if they would have lowered the damage cap to something more reasonable(but still at a point where Angelic Buster can stay on top) that it would be much better for everyone. They instead just want to go
    "Oh, you want a nerf? Sure. We'll make it where you have to spend even MOAR money to hit as high as you used to!"
    To be expected, of course. At this point they're one more nerf away from making it apparent that no Pirate is safe from Nexon's hatred.

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

Nice buff for Luminous jeez.

I still love the way that class works.

13. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

At the very least, these massive nerfs to Angelic Burster happened before the class came to GMS and thus we can all be aware of the coming drastic reduction in power. This will allow us all to decide whether or not we actually want to waste nx/mesos/time on this class. Though I do feel sorry for those who are in KMS who may have already sunk massive fortunes (both real and/ or in game) into class that is getting a drastic power decrease. If it had happened where the nerf came out several months after a class was released that dropped it's power by this much, I'd personally probably wind up quitting. I am not saying that it is unwarranted to have the nerf, although I can already see how Nexon will likely utilize this as a method to make money:

1) release a new class that's massively overpowered
    2) get people to blow massive amounts of nx on it (even those who normally wouldn't)
    3) Nerf the crap out of it
    4) Refer to step 1

14. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Congratulations. You've concluded something that was plain as day since big bang.

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

In the regular Giga Slasher and Blue Streak descriptions, it includes what they do when you're Transfigured. They don't display separate skills in the book in-game, they're the same skills on the same key.
    Code:
    61121100/h = MP Cost: #mpCon, Damage: #damage%, Number of Hits: #attackCount, Max Enemies Hit: #mobCount, Slow Rate: #prop%, Slow Duration: #time sec, Slow Effect: #x%, Final Figuration - MP Cost: #v, Damage: #y%, Number of Hits: #w, Max Enemies Hit: #z, Normal Gauge: #normalGauge, Command Gauge: #commandGauge
    The changes here are just updates to the skill description of non-Transfigured so when you see it in-game, it will be correct.

16. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

17. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

Do you start off playing a game, an MMO to be specific, aiming to definitely without a doubt have the best equips? Not everyone goes for Empress equips, not everyone perfectly scrolls them, and not everyone cubes them for boss damage out the ass. Unless you're actually planning on doing the big bosses, it's not necessary, and even then, yes, it shouldn't be necessary and it's stupid that it is, but it's not as if you have to kill Empress just to make ends meet. Pots aren't so expensive that unless you boss you won't be able to do anything in the game, ever.

Pay to win is a problem, yes, for bossing, but there are other aspects of the game besides bossing, too, those that don't require you to spend billions and billions and billions on equips. I honestly can't say I care much for those, but many people do and for some, doing those things is more important than killing whatever impossible boss we have right now. And on the flip side, should the best equips in the game be so cheap that you can start playing and buy ten of them with money to spare?

I'm not exactly sure how to respond to this. There's almost always been those "few" people. It's the same "few" people, and they're doing the same thing they were doing before. What difference does it make what they're doing it on?

Magnus seems impossible without Angelic Burster, I agree, but we spent months thinking Empress was impossible too, and now people kill her daily. It might be super optimistic of me to think this, but I'm sure we'll find a way.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

HM Magnus will be killed once hackers find a way to have "True Godmode" and be unaffected by everything. People had it before in Aswan, they were unaffected by all the towers and their attacks.

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

Yes, I long since realized that, just the massive boosts in power and subsequent decreases have increased substantially.

20. Default Re: KMST 1.2.455 - Moar changes

I am in favor of balancing out classes, but perfect balance between classes make it boring as well.
    Aldo I am hoping this was only AB, if the thief resistance turns out to be something even or stronger then AB I will accuse Maplestory of Power Creeping