Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

With more people coming in and more people having more leisure time we're notice an uptick in misbehavior.

This is normal during the holiday seasons but many of them are completely avoidable with a few quick reminders about what is and is not acceptable here at Southperry.

1. Our intended audience rating is PG-13. Mature content does not belong here, even if you clearly label it. Just because most of us are older than that does not mean it's OK to post more adult material. Posting things of that nature run us the risk of being blocked by image host providers, having our paypal account canceled, and having our host terminate us with no hope of recovery. Those risks far outweigh anything you can possibly be getting from posting an image here instead of somewhere more appropriate.
    2. Show a little respect to your fellow Southperrians. You don't have to kiss their asses or agree with everything they say, but you don't have to be a jerk about disagreeing with them either.
    3. Be the bigger Southperrian. If someone can't let go and do the above, don't retaliate. Walk away. If you have to engage do it civilly but accept that sometimes people just disagree and no one can "win". If the other person stepped out of the lines and broke a rule, report it and leave it to the moderation team to address, don't keep fueling it and making a bigger mess or you'll just earn yourself an equal punishment because 'he started it' doesn't excuse your own behavior.
    4. Don't post just to post. In Shenanigans, sure, go ahead. Anywhere else, use the Pineapple/Pomegranate as the spirit moves you. Don't post reaction images. Don't post "+1" or similar inanities. It's just increasing the noise people have to wade through to find actual content.

Please take a moment in your spare time to read the Rules & Regulations again and re-familiarize yourself with old rules and new.

In support of the Obscenity rule and reducing the number of people unintentionally violating it the Open Canvas is now auto-moderating image posts for as long as the moderation team deems necessary.

Happy Holidays and remember to play nice.
    Last edited by Eos; 2012-12-03 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Missed one, thanks Nion.

2. Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

All good with me and happy holidays too, everyone!

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

We need to be on our best behavior to keep ourselves off Eos' Santa's naughty list.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

the things 13 year olds do...

i mean sure!

5. Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

The things you do...

-shivers at what she got from you on Tumblr-

6. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

-gives thumbs up-

7. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

I've noticed and dealt with intense douchie-ness from a lot of posters the past year or so just because they think they're some sort of expert on the subject of this or that. Opinions differ, that's why there's a thing called friendly and respectful debates instead of resorting to ad-hominem. This place is generally known to be more mature than basil, that's part of the reason I joined here. And now people who I used to respect are acting like spoiled little kids because their opinion on a subject happens to make 2% more sense than the previous opinion, or mentions something that was pettily overlooked.

So I agree with this thread but no one is exempt.

8. Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

Knew I forgot one.

9. Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

Goddammit, this makes me sad. But that's just the way the cookie bounces. : \

10. Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

I'm going to blame it on you, Boobsmeister. :D

(even though it likely isn't really you)

11. Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

It should not be a huge impact to general usage, but 6 in two weeks is crazy when there are normally 2 or less in a given month.

12. Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

Nah, I keep my tame stuff off of this place. You guys aren't worthy of seeing my gems. : P

13. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Don't see the problem as long as there's other content in the post and the picture is spoilered/not disruptive. A picture is worth a thousand words, right?

14. Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

That's what he's referring to, naturally. Posts that have no contribution whatsoever other than a reaction picture don't belong in the thread. I'm also sad no one got infracted/warned in the godly scrolled equips thread, considering how many people lately blatantly posted spam so that they could see a few posts. I think that hide-reply function has potential to be useful, but it's still leading up to exactly what most of us figured was going to happen anyway.

15. Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

I've been wondering about that too. Some of the replies there were not so much a reaction* as a blatant 'obligatory reply to see things' reply; that should count for something since it adds nothing to the topic.

*Replies in relation to something is fine, plain out "I'm just replying to see what it is" obviously isn't.

16. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Oops. Sorry.

17. Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

Be honest, do you consider my posts in Speakeasy as disrespectful?

I *"try"* to stay as neutral as possible while still getting my point across, but sometimes it's super hard when everyone else is gradually getting more pissed off at me...but still, I enjoy debating (with some of you at least), so I don't want to just "drop the conversation". Whether you guys believe it or not, 99% of the time I'm not actually angry at anyone, and if I am I'll say it outright!

Otherwise, I like this. Especially #4.

18. Donator Straight Male
    panama

for spam, but i kinda feel this deserves it's own thread.

19. Default Re: A Reminder from your Southperry Staff

Those are more the fault of the idiot abusing the hide-reply than the people trying to see what was hidden.

20. Donator Straight Male
    panama

the idiot would be me, and i wanted the contents of the post to be shown ONLY to those who normally share their equips and frequently post in the thread, if i wanted everyone and their mothers to look at it i wouldn't have used the tag.