Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Well, Final Fantasy XIV is officially down as of midnight last night, PST. Character data has been saved, and the game will be rebooted sometime this coming Winter under the name Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Now I haven't played XIV, but Square-Enix is kinda notorious for not being able to manage their MMOs, so how this will turn out any differently from XIV, I have no idea.

The final cutscene looked damn pretty, though.

2. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Great trailer. Like with 1.0, I'll try out 2.0 once it goes into beta.

3. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

It really was quite awful when they first started. It's gotten a lot better since they redid the internal mechanics quite a bit, but I don't really know what this particular shake up will bring.

4. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

The facial movement is incredible. I'll be looking into this just because of Luminous engine.

5. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

I have to admit, that movie/cutscene/whatever was rather impressive.

My friend was trying to get me to at least try FFXIV, but after all the bad things I heard about it I didn't want to. If this re(-re-re-re?)-launch does enough justice to it I might try it out.

The major issue I had was that FFXI still left a bad taste in my mouth...I regret ever buying it.

6. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Only one re, this is the end of their first attempt at fixing it.

7. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Oh okay. I wasn't sure how many attempts they've made at this point.

8. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

They had a very long ramp up where they changed the game literally around you as you tried to play, then this. What comes out of this is what everyone is waiting to see.

Because it spent so long in redesign it really lacks content in many regards. Leveling consists of redoing the same quests over and over on as many classes as you want until you cap them all at 50, which is actually only half way since mobs go up to 100 and you can't.

They have a nifty little cross classes to get new classes thing you can to unlock white mage, black mage, bard, etc, but once you get them they're not that special and they're so hard to get you feel cheated in actually getting them and finding all they do is limit what skills you can use in return for a few extra skills that don't really do anything any more impressive than what you could've done as a more flexible base class.

9. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Interesting.

Hopefully they intend to fix all this stuff with this 2+ month break. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on it when it launches, but whether I'll buy it or not...that remains to be seen.

Thanks for the info.

10. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

I'd always been interested in trying it out, but like Polantaris, I only heard bad thing about the game so I held back on it. Definitely something I'll be watching as well.

Also, dat video. B> feature film with that kind of animation

11. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

What I got from this video...
    Bahamut is Final Fantasy's Deathwing

Cutscene was epic.

13. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

IT'S NOT THE SAME. IT'S BETTER NOW.

14. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

I may end up getting this for PS3, if and when it comes out. I'm really fighting PC gaming because I'm dumb that way.

I've never played one of their MMO's though. It looks like this new overhaul will be pretty interesting!

15. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Except it has to be good...and that wasn't.

I dare say that 5 minute video was better than the whole FF movie.

16. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

It hasn't really been very MMO like for the past several months. I felt like I was single playing a co-op game.
    Sad too, because it has the sort of search for party / party recruitment system most MMOs would die for, but being international and lumping everyone together you end up being incommunicado with at least half the people you can find and trying to use the in game translator to indicate what you're wanting from them, which is awkward.

17. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Wee.

Altho;

18. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Record, livestream, or both! PLEASE @Eos; MY BASED GOD PLEASE!

19. Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

NDA, can't even tell you about it.