Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Any parents on Southperry? Guessing .. no

On the university front I'd suggest opening an RESP as soon as possible. Expensive pomegranate.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Any parents on Southperry? Guessing .. no

There was a father who posted some pictures of his baby on the picture thread, but I don't recall his username.

3. Default Re: Any parents on Southperry? Guessing .. no

That would probably be @Duelman; off the top of my head.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

No, I'm pretty sure whoever it was got banned for trying to sell his Maple account on here. Can't recall the name, either, though.

5. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Found the post:

Haven't seen the person post in a while though.

6. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Parenthood must feel amazing, raising one of your own kin.

I hope you find success as you watch your child develop.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Late to this thread.

Congrats man, that's wonderful news. I really love that you are already being a good dad and trying to do everything right, keep it up!

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Meant to post here forever ago, congratulations! Can't offer any advice, but I hope you're getting what you need from the others here. :3

Also, I could be wrong, but isn't @CarrionCrow a dad?

9. Default Re: Any parents on Southperry? Guessing .. no

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention ray. I am indeed a father for 4 years now to an awesome son.

I totally remember what it was like when I first became a dad, and all the questions I had at that time. If you need anything feel free to ask I definitely can remember what it was like.

10. Default Re: Any parents on Southperry? Guessing .. no

Wow, you know your pomegranate girl! I got two boys, yes.

@Ryosuke; Feel free to ask me anything, just mention or quote me since I don't browse the Speakeasy normaly.

11. Default Re: Any parents on Southperry? Guessing .. no

Thanks again everyone.

To her and I this is something really special, our whole story, and marriage is. Meeting on a game like MS, where so many people play, and us finding eachother, is truly something that we cherish. Now with our first child on the way, it is reminding us of that all over again. Despite the fact that we don't really play anymore. But thanks again guys!

I guess I'm just overall worried.. I've always loved kids, and I am great with babies. Got a crying kid? Toss em to me for a bit, and they will brighten right up. Though I'm sure that won't always be the case with my own little bundle of joy lol. I remember being at my uncles place and his two daughters were about 3-4 at the time, and were running all around the house, and I just kept seeing table corners, and the fire place bricks, and everything they could fall or hit themselves on. So I finally mention it to him, cause he could see the worried look on my face, and he said something along the lines of, "At some point you just need to let go in a way, and trust them a bit" This is something I know I am going to struggle with.

Did any of you ever feel like you were being too overprotective of your child? I really don't want to be that kind of Dad, but it's in my nature to be really overprotective of those I love. For example with my wife.. whenever we walk down stairs, I grip her hand a bit tighter, ya know..just in case she slips! That kind of stuff. So how did all of you deal with that point where you kind of loosened your "worry leash" so to speak?

Thanks guys

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

not a father, but i certainly had the same issue with my brothers.

for grown people? i trust them, for small kids... i simply hold myself back ._. i let my lil brothers run around the table with the squared edges, and in the end nothing happened. same with everything else (except that one time he fell headfirst in the bathroom lol, he was like 8 though)

13. Default Re: Any parents on Southperry? Guessing .. no

Late Congratulations to you two. I tend to not go to these forums (nothing personal) so I missed this, and for that I apologize.

14. ☆ ♥ ツ Straight Female
    IGN: QuIt!!!
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 184
    Job: ♥Bishop
    Guild: QUIT!
    Alliance: quit quit QUIT
    Michigan

Hi.. =)

Congrats.

Breastfeeding is always best. But, obviously, not every mom can do it. Not all babies can latch on. Therefore, don't stress out if it doesn't work. Your baby will survive on formula. EVERYTHING WILL BE OK! Don't buy a pump unless you know for sure she is going to breast feed. They're expensive and not worth the cash if she can't/isn't going to do it. Save the money.

Disposable diapers are best. Do you want to clean diapers with pomegranate in them everyday? I know I don't and didn't. And diaper services are crazy expensive. The only people that I see using reusables are hippies and rich folk.

Don't worry. Yall will do fine and in 10 years you will wish they would just get a job and move out already! (Lord knows that's how I feel with our 3 kids!)

15. Proton
    IGN: ixgenLx
    Level: 200
    Job: Angelic Buster
    Guild: Influence
    Alliance: Prestige
    laos

I'm a parent. Father to two young kids. Boy is five and is still learning how to build a character and daughter is one and she likes to just slam the keyboard, haha.

Congrats! It's a life changer in a positive way. And it makes life mean soooooo much more.

16. Default Re: Any parents on Southperry? Guessing .. no

Thank you both of you!

We finished our Baby Registry at BabiesRUs recently, and family has already started buying us stuff...pretty awesome. The PacknPlay came today, and I can't wait to set it up. Feeling our little one in there kicking and being all restless is awesome. I've also started reading to him/her quite frequently. (Never too young for Harry Potter!)

Still very nervous overall, and everytime we sit back and say outloud, "Were going to be Parents" it's very shocking still. But we are both excited, and couldn't be happier.

Thanks again everyone

17. Default Re: Any parents on Southperry? Guessing .. no

Congrats!

I'm not a mother but I often watch my brothers 3 kids (oldest is 2yo) and love them to bits. Only thing that I really do is just constantly watch what they are doing / touching to obviously avoid anything bad happening. You learn as you go, don't worry too much, just relax.

I only back out when it's time for a diaper change, good luck with that.