Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

Questions submitted!!

2. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

No offense but this would probably been better hosted as an SP event . Or have him actually show him up or something. Live skype call? I don't know be creative about it

3. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

He wasn't willing to do verbal and I doubt he wanted to do an actual live chat either.
    Being willing to answer questions at his own leisure and being a spectacle are two completely unrelated things.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

I wonder what's taking so long for the responses (it is a lot of questions though so understandable). Good thing you didn't have to go through a PR guy.

5. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

I submitted 28 questions. I too am wondering what is taking so long.

6. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

Probably trying to figure out what he can answer and how, without risking legal repercussions even this far after the fact.

7. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

Sounds about right.

8. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

If he's anonymous and the questions from what I can see are pretty..well harmless, would nexon even care to take the time to hunt down the possibilities?

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I'm keeping an eye on this thread to see what questions got submitted as well as what got answered. I presume you will pretty much copy paste the entire response from him?

10. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

May I ask what you'd think those legal repercussions can potentially be and what kind of responses would provoke them? It can't be that this person is the only ex-GM. If he/she keeps their identity hidden well enough, I don't think Nexon can much as throw a twig at them without knowing who they are specifically.

11. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

We're talking about a company that has historically threatened to sue fan sites. Don't presume their rationale and yours are correlated.

That depends entirely on the NDA involved in the job and is outside my interest in speculating on. Whether we think it's likely or risky is irrelevant to whether the person being asked for this information thinks it's a risk and between the two sets of us the one who's actually worked with these people and knows what agreements he's had to make is likelier to have a better judge of that.

12. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

I can only imagine what violating a NDA feels like!

13. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Hopefully as apathetic and inconsequential as violating the TOS does.

14. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

Far from it.

I guess we'll have to wait and I do hope the GM doesn't end up getting in trouble anyway as some of these questions are rather tricky.

15. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

The tricky questions are always the best ones

16. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

Remember this thread? Good. I got the answers!

I'll put them up in a bit, I have to finish this paper I'm writing. (And the guy didnt format anything very well...)

17. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

Here you go, Southperry. I took most of your questions, cleaned them up, and submitted them. These are his responses.
    Please note that I do not have 100% proof that this is an Ex-GM. I did some research, and what I turned up leads me to believe that they actually were employed at Nexon.
    Take what you will from it. Not all information is 100% up to date due to them quitting or getting fired a few years back.

[HIDE-REPLY]
    Spoiler

Don't shoot the messenger. These answers are quite harsh, but I will not reveal who I was speaking with. Thank you.[/HIDE-REPLY]

18. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    IGN: ZidaneKun
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Integrity
    Alliance: Excellence
    usa

I would like to thank Zelkova and whoever answered these questions. It put things into perspective for me and helps me understand the company a bit better. I understand it was awhile ago they worked there.

19. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

Reading this was enlightening but rather sad seeing that he pretty much confirmed some of the ideas we had been having about Nexon.

20. Default Re: What would you ask a GM?

Thanks for doing this.

Those are some interesting answers. I'm not too surprised at many of the answers, But that Paypal thing is really interesting.