First of all, the names were terribly misleading to new players such as myself. I was thinking Life Steal = Heal HP when attacking, and Spell Vamp = Heal MP when attacking. Thanks to the Wiki, I know they both heal HP but Life = Auto-attacks and Spell = Skills.
So far, my account is only level 4 and I've been playing free Amumu as a jungler since ganking is so much fun and he seems to be quite tanky. My only problem seems to be that I seem to have basically no HP recovery / healing on my own (been using Smite & Exhaust).
That being said...
1) Which items are better to get? Ones with Life Steal or Spell Vamp?
2) And what are the best items to get for each of those?
3) Do either of these get triggered by Sunfire Cape? (Or w/e it's called... the item that does like 40 damage to enemies around you)
4) Do either of these get triggered by Despair? (Amumu's W... that aura thingy that drains nearby enemy's health)
5) I've noticed from the stats at the end of the game that I tend to dish out a lot (3x-4x+) more magic damage than physical, so I'm thinking spell vamp would be better?
If you guys could answer any or all of these questions, I would be eternally grateful!