1. Default keyboard doesnt function properly just keeps activating shortcuts

in case you're wondering, i'm typing like this because of the problems mentioned in this post.

i don't know what's gone wrong with my keyboard. pressing shift plus p doesn't let me type a capital p anymore, it becomes a shortcut to the 'print document' window. shift i opens the html viewing window.

ctrl plus anything opens windows mail. i don't understand what is going wrong.

paint tool sai tells me that pressing my right ctrl key activates both the shift and ctrl keys somehow. sai also tells me that my left ctrl key activates only ctrl, but somehow this is also interpreted by the computer as a command to open windows mail since it promptly shows up when i try to use the left ctrl key.

i can't even use the question mark because shift plus slash produces nothing.

this problem is happening on my laptop, and the laptop's inbuilt keyboard works normally with no shortcut shenanigans but certain keys are not functioning on it so i have to use this external usb keyboard. its as if the devil has possessed this usb keyboard and is activating hotkeys/shortkeys. how do i disable it/

i think the problem is with the keyboard, since plugging it onto my desktop also causes the same forced hotkey problem to occur. my desktop has another usb keyboard plugged into it, but that keyboard does not experience any similar problem.

of note, it has nothing to do with stickykeys since stickykeys are disabled on both computers.

model number is KG-0851 and FCC ID is E8HKG-0851. it is a hp wireless keyboard.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: keyboard doesnt function properly just keeps activating shortcuts

did you leave your computer "locked" just before this happened? something similar happens to mine all the time

3. Default Re: keyboard doesnt function properly just keeps activating shortcuts

nope, i just turned it on and it was like this. how do you get rid of it/

4. Default Re: keyboard doesnt function properly just keeps activating shortcuts

This happens to me sometimes, like my keyboard constantly has either CTRL, Windows Key, or ALT pressed. I just press all of those without hitting other keys, switch active windows on my comp, and it usually fixes itself. This might be a silly question but have you tried restarting?

5. Default Re: keyboard doesnt function properly just keeps activating shortcuts

yes. im not sure what you mean by switching active windows, do you mean changing between two browsers or something/ i tried that, didn't change anything.