IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Default (Probably) Idiotic Excel Question

I have five columns of data, and would like to plot four different graphs relating all of them on the same chart.

Better explanation:

Column 1
    Column 2
    Column 3
    Column 4
    Column 5

I want to plot a graph where Column 1 is the x-axis and Column 2 is the y-axis, but do this four times, changing the y-axis column each time (going down the line), and all on the same graph.

For additional visualization purposes:

Column 1 is the pH range from 0 to 14, increasing by 0.01 per row. Columns 2-5 are bastard formulas manipulating said pH values, and all ultimately have a range of 0 to 1.

Thank you so much for your help!

2. Default Re: (Probably) Idiotic Excel Question

Perhaps you could draw out a sketch in Paint? I can't understand your question..

3. Default Re: (Probably) Idiotic Excel Question

You should be able to do this by rightclicking any data point on your graph and clicking on "Select Data". You can add new data series from there that use different axes.

I hope that helps.

4. Default Re: (Probably) Idiotic Excel Question

If the columns are in order, the scatterplots should do this automatically when you have the columns selected.

5. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Default Re: (Probably) Idiotic Excel Question

Thanks for the detailed help @Stereo, and everyone else for the replies!

It turns out what Stereo showed was exactly what I need to do - the reason I was so confused was that it's exactly what I WAS doing, but I was putting the data in a line graph, not a scatter plot, so it was also including the column of pH values I wanted for the x-axis. When I asked a TA about this he said all I needed to do was either plot it on a scatter plot (which he demonstrated worked immediately), or simply delete the pH line from my graph.

God I hate Excel. But I'm glad I knew what I was doing, up until the very last step xD.