IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Default If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

It seems that more and more experienced maplestory players are quitting each and every day for many reasons (game has become too easy, less party play required, too much cash to invest, etc.)

If Nexon was to release a revised Maplestory server (i.e: a server that was based off the original mechanics of the game, but had aspects of the current state of the game reversed or changed) how would you like it to be done?

List what you would change about the game, and explain why. Additionally, list any benefits that may occur by making these changes.

If for example, if your change involves removing aspects of the cash shop (i.e: removing cubes), suggest alternative money makers for Nexon.

A few changes I'd like to see:

• Experience rates reduced to pre Big Bang
      Reasoning: Levelling now a days is too easy, especially for a game with little to no end game content. The fact that years ago people spent 2~3+ years hitting max level, but now can do it in a weekend is saying something. Additionally, reducing the exp rates would put purpose back into the ranking system that is utterly pointless now.
    • Slash damage potential and increase boss difficulty.
      Reasoning: The damage potential in Maplestory now is absolutely absurd. I can understand a game evolving to a point where bosses become easier and easier to defeat, but not at the rate in Maplestory. The fact that new classes such as angelic burster can solo bosses like CHT in under 20 seconds defeats the entire purpose of that monster being a boss.
    • Revamp all classes to have unique utility and party benefits.
      Reasoning: It seems like now a days every class has a flash jump-like skill, or an ultimate, or a rush skill. Revamp all classes so that each class has a unique contribution to the overall success of a party or boss squad (similar to old LPQ where you needed a thief for dark sight or a magician for teleport.)

These are just a few suggestions, feel free to add your own or argue against mine/other people's.

2. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

Keep cubes. Make defense a desirable stat trait.

Remove touch damage and 1 second invincibility on hit. Add attacks to all mobs and their attacks can hurt you without downtime ala PvP. Make potions a 10 second cooldown everywhere.

That way, I wouldn't mind Mercedes stomping everyone in hits and Burster doing some crazy damage: doesn't matter if you die in one shot by a mob of 8 crockies all throwing death beams at you at the same time. Don't like that? Maybe you should cube some %def and %hp instead of %DEX

Also, Boss summons should now scare the pomegranate out of you since they aren't touch shields anymore.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

Palys, ds, mihile and shads would have a huge advantage here due to those jobs having massive amounts of defense and all thief would also have an advantage due to avoid

4. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

Maybe that's because warriors can take hits and thieves are hard to hit??????

?!?!?

5. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

I don't understand why so many people want preBB rates. I for one hated how long it took to actually level preBB. My highest leveled character was level 69. It took me around 4 hours at Voodoos/Hoodoos just to get one level at 1x and that wasn't worth it. I didn't have the time to train for hours on end to get such an insignificant level gain. The preBB rates meant a lot of casual players who didn't sink entire summers into this game would never get to see fourth job skills or fight bosses.

6. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: godrocker
    Level: 181
    Job: Where's My Ship
    Guild: Osmoga
    Alliance: Fjords
    Farm: Elosia

Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

I think he meant that those jobs have those damage-ignoring abilities passively, and as a result can cube/spend more on damage, giving them the best of both worlds at little effort.

7. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    usa

Shads fit into both categories and with your system NO ONE WOULD PLAY AN ARCHER as they would be totally pineappleed over in any mobing scenario

EDIT what burrito said as well their main stat gives them both surviveability and dmg

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

You'd have to rework the mechanics of each stat, because with enough %DEX, archers can still achieve 9999 avoid and have 100% avoid.

Which means Mages would be totally screwed.

9. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

Then adjust accordingly. Also, this system plays on strengths and weaknesses: taking on a mob shouldn't be easy for everyone. If you honestly think a squishy archer should be able to tank a giant mob, then you have no concept of what defense stats mean. I already laid out that DEF would be a desirable stat to cube for but of course would have to be revamped or it to be that way.

Archers seem fine in PvP, especially when they are given support. (Not new PvP... Everything is bad in new PvP).

10. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    usa

no but an archer shouldn't be compleatly screwed over because something spawned behind it

11. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

Like I said, for defense to be desirable as a potential line, defense would have to be revamped. These are just general changes but the finer details and changes would be implemented as well.

12. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Nexon either needs to decide if they want accuracy as a stat to have an impact on the game or not. It really bothers me that my charcter card gives 8% accuracy when it doesn't do jack s'hit for anyone.

Besides that grievance, they need to implement the cash trading system, which I hope is only a matter of time until it comes here. Also they need to revamp the cube system because spending tons of money for a low potential gain or usually a loss is not something I want to take part in.

Not including those, I am ok with just coasting along in MS until Tempest.

13. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

What? Everyday? Uhm okay if you say so. You know there is a little something called school which keeps people from playing all day. You know this right?

14. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

The more experienced players before all the maple changes. Have been around when gen 30 was selling for 800m and they were able to gain an endless amount of mesos/nx. They were able to invest all their hard work for a longer payment in the longer runner. So of course the game is going to be to easy for them at this point, they have already put in the hard work in the game. Why do you want to keep struggling in maple? Maple is like life no one likes to struggle just to get by. Which is still happening in maple today.

Less party play is by the players that choose that option. Last time i check you still need people in your party to get in to bosses. Even though you can solo bosses that doesn't stop you from bringing others. People solo because they want most of the profits to themselves, before they can do that they have to invest a lot of time/money to get to that. I dont like to solo bosses but, no one wants to come along unless they are getting something out of it. (czak,ht,cwk) Before i had a group friends that would cwk just for fun and no profit involved they quit because maple was a grind fest.

Bringing back the maple grind is what i hate. You have to spend a whole day trying to gain a level. You may think that leveling is easy, because you may have those connections. I challenge you to level a new character with minimum funding; meaning that your range does not go over 30k. You are not able to train with your friends, you must go out and find a party to train with every single day. Dont train with x2 cards and only when their is server x2.
    To reach the said potential you are referring to doesn't come easy to everyone. Not everyone is able to scroll perfect equips or able to drop 5b or spend the amount of cash on the game. Maple does not have to be cash driven. For potential you can fuse equips until you get a sub par %. Dont use cubes in the cash shop whatever % you have keep or try and sell items to save to get said % you are aiming for.

Those skills you stated was for training to make things easier. When i use to train my hero at skelle it was hell compared to other classes that did have fj. Nexon just even out the playing fields a bit. Depending solely on one person for a boss is what i never like. if one person dc/die the boss fight is over and you lose. When my small group of friends tried out czak we ended up always losing, because the bishop would always die. It was discouraging when we couldn't find a bishop that knows how to heal and cast mg at the same. So we didnt bother trying anymore unless we had a bishop and when we did find a bishop they would end up dead. Plus the ones that did know how to czak was already taken by other groups and wouldnt help if you didn't pay them.

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Uh duh. It's saying the game is more accessible to those who are just starting, and continuing to play won't be a massive ass bore for those who are already invested.

The ranking system was always pointless and "reducing experience rates" won't reverse that.

(and by the way, i believe you mean to say experience tables not experience rates.)

The fact that a single funded player can solo bosses like CHT in under 20 seconds defeats the purpose of that monster being a boss?

Is there something about the idea of ONE F'UCKING PERSON being better than you at something that bothers you to the point where you want the entire something to be changed to suit you? Because i can safely say that this argument would be laughed at by anyone in any field in life you tried to apply this to. (unless you are in fact the best...but then the argument is useless)

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Perpetuating the same damn arguments people have had for literally YEARS doesn't make a good argument for these changes, because the reasoning sucked to begin with.

16. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

Barring Empress, I can solo every boss in this game in less than 10 minutes. That bothers me. I enjoyed party play and having to depend on other classes to keep me alive in Horntail. And why are you cursing? The OP did nothing to insult you. You're just trying to start drama. I'd love to have a server that has pre-BB gameplay because that's when the game was most enjoyable and the community was actually close knit. This forum is a good example. It's pretty much the same people posting solos of themselves playing all day each and every day doing the same things but there's nothing new or exciting like bloopers of them and their friends doing funny stuff like the community use to share long ago. The community doesn't even exist anymore. This might as well become a console port without online play.

17. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

What you said might be true to some regard, and I'm all for making the game more accessible, but the current levelling curve with exp cards and buffs is absolutely ridiculous at the moment. For me, the accomplishment of gaining each and every level used to be huge; additionally the ranking system used to allow people to compete against other people, an aspect of the game that has completely been lost. Perhaps it would make sense for a game that had more end game content, but in Maplestory there is next to none, except for bossing. Which leads to the next point.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you mention that only one person is capable of soloing bosses, I'd say that anyone who is relatively dedicated to the game can solo end game bosses, or come close to it. Yes of course there's always going to be people who are better than others, but at the end of the day, there's such a gap between those who have NX and those who don't. It becomes near impossible to compete with people, or even play on the same level as others who spend thousands of real-life dollars on the game. You SHOULDN'T be able to solo bosses THAT fast regardless of how strong you are, it removes all the fun from the game. Again, my personal opinion for bosses is that they should be a group effort, not a solo one.

No idea what you're arguing for my last point. I believe that their should be class diversity, since their barely is any now a days (with a few exceptions), it's just the same skills with different animations.

To me, the game was more fun when it was more challenging. Again, this is an opinions-based thread, so I appreciate the debate, just try not to get so angry, lol.

18. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Keep everything in the game, but cubes should be brought back down to what they were when they first came out; Unique was the highest rank, no Nebulites or Extra Potential, no Legendary Tier. We have like, what, 6 different cubes now?

It's essentially "pay your way to the damage cap" now and I think it's really what removed the teamwork aspect of the game. Most of it, anyway. I could be wrong, but there really is quite a big gap between those who spend money/make billions a week vs those who hardly know how to use the economy and don't spend much money on the game. Cubes make that gap even bigger. They were honestly fine the way they were when they first came out, in my opinion.

It doesn't help that it's all essentially RNG nonsense; you can get lucky spending just $10 on cubes or get nothing at all spending $50. Maybe remove the useless lines, like the small chances to poison/freeze, or emotions on hats so there's less of a chance of getting stupid lines like that. That way you have a better chance of getting your money's worth.

19. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

The pre BB tables were horrible, but that does not make the absurd speed in which you can level today any less stupid. It is not the EXP table that is the problem today, they are quite decent. It is all the insane EXP boosts you can get, and the mother of all things retarded, the party play zones.

And the potential system. Fat ass nerf where you cannot go beyond X% in any given stat/bonus is sorely needed.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I do not want Maple to turn into WoW and have the game be balanced around PvP, when the game is very heavily PvE oriented.