1. Electron Male

IGN: KingGoofyIV
    Server: Scania
    Level: 159
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: reddit
    Alliance: SubReddit
    Georgia

Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

You know, I heard about this when I re-joined Maple and discovered that there was a class like Phantoms, and I was worried that I would have wasted my time on my then-to-be bishop but that hasn't really been the case at all. People still clamor to have me in parties at LHC and all over, and I've never been passed up for a Phantom in all the time that I've been back. Maybe "irrelevant" isn't the word to use.

Phantoms can't just switch out skills when they need them, after all. If they were to cast holy symbol, for example, but then wanted to use Mystic Door, the effect of HS would immediately be revoked from everybody it was applied to, which I think is enough to make their skill stealing at least somewhat balanced. They can be the jack-of-all-trades, but master of none kind of class, and that's fine with me since I enjoy being able to provide the full array of supportive abilities that bishops offer at will.

2. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

That's because most players don't care as long as they get HS. It doesn't change the fact that the party variant of the bishop can not only be replaced but is on all forms inferior to a phantom.

3. Electron Male

IGN: KingGoofyIV
    Server: Scania
    Level: 159
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: reddit
    Alliance: SubReddit
    Georgia

Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

If you say so, I suppose. Hasn't prevented me from playing in much the same way I would have, but I see your point that certain classes have their individual values diminished in the presence of phantoms.

4. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

I doubt any player will go out of their way to isolate a bishop if one is available, but yes, my point is the diminishing. It shouldn't be an option/circumstance to begin with. But as usual we've all adapted.

5. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

I agree in a way even though my second-highest levelled character is a Bishop and I'm planning to main a Phantom. It's definitely true that they can outclass Bishops in terms of certain buffs if they're purely serving as a party buff mule but as @Emilio; mentioned above this is not a done deal and that you can't skimp on a Bishop during bossing as Phantoms simply do not have enough slots for all of the buffing skills they'd need to perform adequately.

I've read a number of threads about these and if what I'm reading is accurate of the LHC experience the problem with arguing that Phantoms replace Bishops is mainly towards how it ignored the possibility that the Bishop was slacking while the Phantom was also attacking to gain some EXP, much like how people ignore the fact that Bishops can actually be pretty strong attackers too if they wanted to do so. But eh, the point about how no one cares so long as there's HS really summarizes it up and it's just icing on the cake if the HS provider decides to help as well.