Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

I love getting stronger. Honest enough to say it. I don't really have a reason to keep at it now though since you can only go so far.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

This is complete and utter pomegranate. It brings to mind people telling others to just write a check to the IRS if they don't like the tax rates. People don't handicap themselves. Why? Because they worked hard to get where they are.

This isn't about them personally. It's about the system itself and how f'ucking broken it is. They want the system to be fixed.

The whole point is that they still want to be ahead. Because they worked for it. But they don't like seeing how far ahead they are, because it's incredibly unfair and stupid. We can all agree on that.

It's more comprehensive than just, "Hey, don't like it? Don't participate." It's "I don't like how broken this is, and I want to see it unbroken, because that was so much better."

I think the game was more fun when it had some degree of difficulty, some degree of achievement because of that difficulty. I still feel some pride when I go with my alliance mates and take down Empress Instructors because that's still hard for us. I don't feel pride when I jump into Zakum and beat the everloving sh'it out of him in a blink of an eye. That's not fun. Does that mean taking off a couple of equips automatically fixes this? Does that make it fun again? No, not really. Because it doesn't feel authentic to me, moron that I am. It's not just the time. It's about the experience of the whole ordeal. It's gone. Maybe you disagree, but here's my two cents.

3. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

I agree that the system is totally broken. This is what I was trying to convey from the beginning; there's no sense of accomplishment any more. The only thing left that feels relatively accomplishing is empress, and not even so for a lot of people. Hell, the other day I went to empress for the first time in ages and we killed her with 4 people; some people can solo it. It's ridiculous. I'm all for characters being able to be stronger than others, but pineapple, it's impossible to keep up with people who spend thousands on NX. I don't want to handicap myself to simulate a fun experience, that's not what it's about. It's giving everyone the opportunity to be strong with proper motivation, perseverance and skill.

Also, since it's come up a lot, by "Pre-Big Bang" exp rates, I mean the reduced EXP curve introduced a while before big bang hit. It was still hard to level, but not as frustratingly hard as circa 2006 maplestory.

4. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

When I read this stuff I feel people get confused when they say over powered. I find most people use it in comparasion to their friends but honnestly since maple is basically PVE you really should be comparing it to monsters, namely "Can i kill this boss in the given time frame?" not "Can I kill this boss faster than 'maplerB?'"

5. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

I don't see why everyone loves the old Maple so much. Only after coming back Post-mercedes when my lolEvan was hacked pre-potential did I realize how f'ucking horrible of a game Maple was beforehand. The only redeeming qualities were the epic boss runs and the community, which coughed its last, miserable breath with 4th job, while very little of the population ever made it to the higher end bosses.

I personally love the new experience rate. I'll go back to my Evan, a very versatile class in terms of experience gain. Back then they could only be beaten Archmages and Bishops in terms of experience gain because we could blast the hell out of platforms in mere seconds and then go kill BF in 4-5 minutes with a token Blaze.

1. Bigfoot every morning(This was when d/c hacking reached an all time high, and Bigfoot patrol took root in Demethos, so I was lucky to get 5-6 killed)
    2. Earthquaked Gallops for 3-4 hours on x1.
    3. Zakum
    4. Skele'd with the guild using x4 family chain for 4 hours.
    This was with the Pie+Cake bonus, Evan Trailblazer medal, and the Welcome back ring and I still had to bust my ass to get 120-140% PER DAY at the end of my career. Leveling isn't an accomplishment at that point, it becomes an obsession and it's f'ucking sick.
    The new experience tables allow me to play all the classes I'm interested in, allows me to actually experience the game in its full, and there's nothing wrong with them. The problem with the leveling speed lies in areas such as LHC and SH(and RLH if we want to count events). If I recall, when Bigbang first came out and LHC wasn't existent in kMS, players at 199 still barely made 3-5% per hour. Seem's grindy as hell to me.

In every other aspect, Maple Story is just better outside of some questionable decisions by Nexon Korea as of late(lolBurster). We have an actual lore, love the revamped and new party quest, loving the new areas and BGM's, I honestly would not trade anything post-bb for anything pre-bb outside of potential and how easily abused it is by cubes. If Nexon ever released a server without Cubes/x2 I would glady leave Renegades even after all the funding I spent on this Pally/Archmage

Edit: I did forget to mention that I do strongly dislike how every boss is now. Soloing HT in 20 minutes is incredibly hilarious to me.

6. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

This is such a bitter response holy moly! Lmfao omg hahaha.

Anyways, a retro server isn't really a bad idea because everyone will be able to compete on the same level again and the cash shop won't give any player the upper advantage. Everyone will be able to work for a common goal and people will communicate with each other to get stuff done once again. And if they don't want to play there, then they don't have to. I wouldn't want them to completely change the other servers because I know a lot of people have poured paychecks upon paychecks into this game to get to where they are at.
    While we're all being honest I enjoy illegitimately obtaining my gear instead of pouring countless hours into the game or $$$ to keep up with everyone. Screw that I'll do it in two days the easy way. Why? Because there's not much room for novelty left. I also enjoy being on the top. Business is business.

7. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

No way I want the EXP rate to be returned to pre-bb rates. The current rates is fine. I leveled to 200 without participating in any 2x EXP event in just 3 months (because of my timezone) and without buying a 2x EXP card. All they need to do is remove EXP cards from cash shop.

And I want potential system to be completely removed. Nowadays, the way you define an equipment "pro" is 90% by its potential. Almost every equipment is "noob" unless you cubed it to perfection.

8. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

The only foreseeable way I could imagine nexon fixing bossing is by giving it a scaling feature. More funded you are the more difficult(higher HP, higher damage, different attacks+additional attacks)a boss could become, think of it like how red leaf high was different based on what your range/level was. That's all if you don't want to give yourself a handicap and have some sort of a challenge from unchanged bosses.

They also need to re-introduce the expedition modes, maybe open world wide with a better party search option cause the current one sucks and has always sucked, theres nothing wrong going with people other than the fact that they'll just loot everything in the end. Maybe an equipment share system to prevent this.

Then again this is sounding a lot like some of the systems world of warcraft had implemented.

9. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

Some things I'd like to see done would be:

1. Obtaining equipment easier. Basically, have weapon and armor NPCs have equipment for all classes till 120 while keeping the ability to craft your own equipment. Not everyone has the funds to do so and I think it's an easier thing for newcomers to the game who would like to have a smoother time.

2. Merge all of the Profession skills into one. Don't have a solid reason why I would want this other than it being a bit more simplified so to speak.

3. Quests. Most are useless to complete, others aren't unless they are job related to some degree. I'd like to see some with different rewards like various items you can get, not just scrolls.

@Patt

Not every class should have support skills. Some could be revamped into better skills like Iron Will for Dark Knights, but all classes don't need one.

10. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I disagree. Having separate professions is a great meso sink because if you want to craft lots of different items or level traits, you need to constantly max and relearn different professions. That causes people to spend mesos and with the state of the maple economy, less mesos is always a good thing.

11. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I thought of this a while ago and completely forgot to add it to my post. Definite +1. Just because I'm doing something solo, doesn't mean I wouldn't gladly go party train at LHC, PQ, or do a boss run if I knew there were other people to go with me. It would be a godsend for low population worlds especially.

12. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

My ideal would probably be leaving the game how it is now, only with the pre-BB accuracy formula and an Epic rarity cap on potential. That, and specific mastery books off of specific monsters and none of that other fluff like bonus potential, nebulites, totems, etc. Maybe some boss rescaling, too, so that bosses weren't either a joke or virtually impossible based on how good your range is.

13. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

To me, I think it's the challenge level that went down.

14. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

It was stated in the OP that Nexon still had to make money. I think making changes to the potential system so that there are more desirable lines is a good compromise while introducing a way to make it so.

I believe that was realistic money wise while adding my own personal opinion and what I would like.

I already stated my honest opinion in the "unrealistic pipe dream" thread and that was to remove potential entirely. The moment I even consider compromise in a compromise thread, it seems many will dismiss any argument posed by it despite the context within the thread.

@everyone: why don't you all reread the OP: offer an alternative money making solution with your changes. We all pineappleing know potential is terrible but why don't you think of something that's financially viable as a replacement instead of tooting the old vuvuzela because it really gets old.

@SaptaZapta; Does this thread constitute as another "unrealistic pipe dream" thread? My input: we've had many of these (bad) opinion threads before and this one isn't any different although I hoped it would be. I'll leave it up to your discretion.

15. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

Oh boy...
    - Remove the pointless mastery book system from the game and replace the system with job specific quests that unlock at certain levels and scale in difficulty if someone overlevels too much.
    - Buff the drop tables of certain things (Neb boxes, Confusion fragments, <120 weapons) by an absurd amount while keeping EXP tables the same
    - Remove party play from party play zones
    - Make boss attacks (especially 1/1) DODGEABLE.
    - Remove trait daily caps
    - Remove durability, or at least implement it onto better equips
    - Remove daily PQ cap. Make PQs that arent insanely oversimplified, also make them worth doing (eg Visitors PQ)
    - Remove that thing which causes mining lag
    - Remove stupid ass potentials from the potential pool (eg poison/facial expressions). I also agree on making accuracy useful again. Also set the highest tier back to Unique.
    - Make quests worth doing again for reasons other than requiring the completion of said quest to access a new area or kill an boss or something. Korean Folk Town quests, NLC quests, the STD quest are good examples of these.
    - Bring old PvP back (nothing can be worse than the current one aside from the decent exp it gives)
    - Add storage for completely untradeable things
    - Add moving bosses impossible to KB and with defined attack patterns
    - Instance all bosses required for quest completion
    - Replace the FM with an auction house similar to the one in DN
    - Add much bigger training maps

There's probably more I can add to this list
    -

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Of course it's another "unrealistic pipe dream" thread. But there's nothing in the site rules forbidding that, so I'm not sure what my discretion is required for.

17. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

Why should we offer an alternative money solution? Nexon was doing just fine with basic pet/clothes/2x cards. Cubes is beyond a money pit, gurranteed methods for scrolling, it's all ridiculous.

I played this game for an entire week, just to get something. I gave it a chance because my girlfriend missed the aesthetic nature of the game. It's horrible, I've never in my 6 years of playing seen the game so destroyed. I may play in khaini, but I remember when it thrived, it was the perfect population. With people like carlos, who I'll deal with in a moment, who decided to take the quick buck route, who killed the game. I'm level 30 walking around the fm and can't find any cheap potential. I can't even find a f`ucking zakum helmet, they don't provide any profit, the very item that makes them tradeable is twice as expensive as the item.

See here's your problem. You have a game that is so hellbent on the NX currency, even going as far as removing any method besides purchasing it, oh and doing surveys that has a sweatshop income, that it is frankly impossible to do anything in the game. You can't make money in the game anymore, there's litterally 9 FM's available, 6 of them have nothing but empress, duped scrolls or weapons that are being advertised to be sold via Moneypak for $400+. In a game where nothing you do within it can even shed a tear at the equipment created by hacked or ridiculous overpriced method's is a broken end game.

You want to fix maplestory, here's a few things;

-Remove or change cube rates. One cube should at least give you one line of useful potential. That's a dollar and 20 cents out of your pocket, it shouldn't take $15-30 to get one line of usable potential.

-Do the research to find out what equips were duplicated, or clearly impossible to make without dupe methods. IE 27 attack shoes. Make them all untradeable, all this can be done by browing the site that can't be named for 10 minutes. Removing them risks a riot of the small player base they already have.

-Remove karma of scissors and all varients. It's stupid. Why should I pay 3 dollars to move something to my account that I earned. The whole system is as dumb as mastery books.

-Remove mastery books. I shouldn't have to kill horntail with level 20 berzerk to have a 50% to work. Frankly there should be quests with reasonable collecting to obtain them, rather than killing bosses that leave you with poor SP spread to compensate the fact you can't f`ucking afford it.

-Remove expirable bull sh`it. Seriously getting a chair that expires in a week doesn't bother me as much as doing an event quest that gives me potions that are untradeable or don't last more than a day. This envelope thing was quirky and fun and I have enjoyed it.

Nexon can still make a killing off CS boxes, gachapon, pets, SP/AP resets, shielding wards, golden temple coupons, and f`ucking CS clothes that can't be transfered to between every new class that comes out every goddamn week. So personally, I can't see a goddamn reason why I should feed them money making idea's, nor why we should return to prebb because none of these problems would change.

You do realize that aggression is just satirical right? It's just a sad dodge to disregard everything he says because you assume it's anger. You aren't saving face, unfortunately.

How retro are you talking? The game has been giving NX advantages ever since pet loot, or gachapon. You think removing cubes will solve the game? Please. I don't think you understand why maplestory fell apart, but here, let me give you a pretty good synopsis.

There's your problem. It's not a business, it's a game. You killed it by participating with these black markets, in fact encouraging it by your very post. So frankly, any opinion you have on the matter is pretty much null. And look, you got to the top, you did it by any means possible because you needed to keep that e-peen ultra shiny.

But it's players like you that I crushed in 2010. It was people like you, that made me waste my time and money to prove you can be the best without resorting to cheap tactics. I did it, and I got attacked for it. I come back now, and it's impossible. Physically impossible to do what I did. Because people, like you, won. You made it that this ridiculous gear, this ridiculous standard, is now average. Now you're complaining because you feel like you accomplished nothing and you wish we could go back? Get the f`uck out. You didn't accomplish anything, your so called "top" is a fallacy, and can be claimed by anyone. You're a sell out and anyone can buy your position, people are just smart enough not too.

18. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

I'm not denying that I did eventually enter the black market because I realized I couldn't compete anymore and scrolling faltizans with 60% scrolls was a laugh. Retro would be before pet equips even came out. Also, I don't know takebacker well enough to know when he's trying to be funny or not so forgive me for not stalking him beforehand. Regardless, I gave up on trying to make anymore noteworthy accomplishments after my NL hit 200 and started taking advantage of people willing to dump hundreds for a single peice of gear. That's pretty much when I stopped enjoying the game and only played for profit.

19. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

@KhainiWest: Yikes, the market at GMS is that bad? I may have a lot of complaints about MSEA but we can at least still survive by selling regular equips.

Now, on to my thoughts on what needs to be revised:

EXP modifiers: The EXP given is fine, the stackable modifiers are not. I think the most anyone should be able to get should be HS + Elven Blessing + Maxed Pendant and no other 2x should work. Better yet, just remove 2x cards.
    Drop rates and items: I'm basing this on GMS since MSEA's rates are nerfed to all hell because we're apparently too efficient. Number one, it shouldn't take days or even weeks to hunt a single item, one day sounds about fair. Number two: Mobs need to drop better equipments as we now have a crafting system that makes hunting for most equips silly to say the least.

My suggestion for this: Introduce sets that can be crafted by Smithing/Jewel Crafting, of which the items required only drop when hunting in parties. Make it so that the crafter needs to be the right kind for the job too (I.e. Only Archers can craft the Archer set and so on). The items should look good enough when worn to interest people but as a catch the equips would not be near end-game material (But you can still use it if bossing isn't your thing), so this gives players an incentive to Anvil them if they want it.

It honestly bothers me to see only discussions about Cygnus equips as I'm deliberately limiting myself by crafting my own equips and trading expensive items whenever needed. I do not intend to buy equips using real money as that makes Maple Story even cheaper feeling than water, not that it isn't already.

Cubes: I like @KhainiWest's suggestion that there should be a minimum of one useful line per cube used. Cubes are extremely expensive at my region (Up to 5 bucks for the normal ones!) so you can imagine my extreme displeasure at the thought of getting useless things. I don't mind it when I'm crafting since I can fuse away.

Suggestion: To balance out cubes and spending, let's make it so that bosses can drop a few but not enough that you can farm (1 per character per week?). My reasoning is that you can't get people to cube without giving them a taste of how it could be so you need to give out some incentives.
    As for the cubes, remove all the useless lines, make it so that you can only get your desired stat line on class-specific armour. Unique is also a good enough tier to stop at and dump the rest.

Partying utility: This one is difficult to solve as I can see the advantages and disadvantages of both having been an extreme PQer in my past and getting stuck for hours finding the right character. Same goes for bossing.

Suggestion: Make some PQs easier with a specific class but not so badly that disconnection completely fails the PQ. Same thing for bosses except that I would suggest something like an object that a specific class could attack to give some breathing space, though this also means boss fights would have to be more intense. I actually do think Magnus was a step towards the right direction, it just needs to be adjusted a bit more to suit party play and not Angelic Burster play.

In terms of skills and differentiating classes something really needs to be done for Archmages. They should at least be able to provide some kind of bossing support in heavy DoT perhaps so as to not be refused by most bossing parties. I think most classes are actually fine as they are but this stands out like a sore thumb to me because Nexon has arguably tried but except for the god-tier A/Ms it hasn't made an ounce of difference from what I can see.

Partying/bossing: Those parameters have to go for one. See below for the rest.

Suggestion: After dropping potentials down so no one can get too OP even with tons of cash most of the high-level bosses should be good fights again so here goes. I like two ideas from Sword Art Online and Mana Khemia known as Switch and A-Support/D-Support respectively and this is how it'd work:

Pots and healing would be severely nerfed and if you die that's it, no more WoFs (Phantoms, Evans and Bishops still get their buffs though). You'd have to make it so that bosses have more unique attacking style than the stupid DDDR combo and that would serve as a warning sign that they'd either have to eat the blow and risk most of the party dying or switch out. While the party is on standby they'll recover HP and MP and depending on your mode set-up (Offensive/Defensive) they could be switched in and provide a buff to the party or a debuff towards the boss. There's also a cooldown on the switch to prevent abuse so the active party must be able to survive. Oh, and to prevent hackers from busting this up there should be at least one other registered person even for the solo mode that I'll detail below.

For the ones more interested in finding challenges there could be a solo mode. The boss would be adjusted so that it wouldn't be impossible but the player could be given several kinds of options to avoid a total wipeout while the obvious reward would be satisfaction because even with cubing you could not legitimately hope to tackle bosses alone without having good knowledge of how your character works.

As for cash, cubes would still be a good source but with more involvement of players, new classes and more things to do expenditures should even out as I do not forsee Nexon changing cash shop inventories. And while we're here I would like to ask for a pony say that the Cash Shop equips need to be adjusted to have less modern equips and more RPG-esque equips for people like me who like to keep things realistic in a 2D game.

Mastery Books: Seriously, just nix them. My recommendation's simple, let us do epic-level (By epic I mean chain quests that have lore and quest bosses) quests to get them and make it so that it's easier to do by partying so that everyone can share in the joy of mastering a skill.

20. Default Re: If Nexon Released a "Revised" Server, How Would YOU Like it to be Done?

So 4 classes, victoria island, and a level cap of about 80, the highest exp of about like what, 120 from red drakes?

You don't know retro, either that or you're completely insane.

It's fine, I can forgive that, it seems you don't do a lot of research before spouting your opinions. But that also means you can't simply jump to conclusions based on tone. There's plenty of legitimate information there and arguments that you disregard because of what exactly? You think he's mad? What makes you any better than those "umad" dumb asses?

@Curtiss;

It's that bad in khaini. I don't see anyone selling boss equips besides empress. There's the occasional CHTP with 22+ stats but thats about it. It took me a couple of days to find a goddamn work glove. Bera/Scania is a little better but again, majority of it is duped crap they have overpriced.