Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

Disgaea on crack, that's what.

Item Level Cap: 999
    HP / MP Cap: 9,999,999,999,999
    Stat Cap: 999,999,999

3. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

Apparently after a certain patch, you can level item stats infinitely; not just to level 999, since you can keep going in over and over, you can just kill hundreds of millions of monsters and get it to absurd multipliers like 1000%+ stats, and even better, mystery gates will start spawning that add 5/10/20% to MAX STATS on the item, so eventually one of those will be adding millions of stats a pop. Doing this it should technically be possible to hit the new stat cap if you grind enough.

Are there any RELIABLE ways to dupe in this one, by the way? I'm sure you can do it if you get the person to randomly show up in your senate bill...maybe...but, that's way too unreliable to be worth a pomegranate. Plus, you can only get PPS for clearing 2600 IW floors >_>
    Last edited by Flonne; 2013-10-11 at 05:54 PM.

4. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

Managed to unlock Rasetsu Mode just now, you get it and an increase to 600% modifier in the cheat shop when you beat darkdeath evilman.

By the way, I think they increased Baal's stats or something, I just went there to check them out and they were much higher than what your screenshot shows.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Colorado

Old fashion D3 / D4 way? I dunno if DD2 has the Class / Chara World.

6. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

It doesn't.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

I'm curious how you raise aptitudes, then. Obviously D3 and D4 had the Class / Chara world.

Also people are making it seem like the Endgame is "meh".

8. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

I know you raise weapon aptitudes with the dojo, it procs randomly at the end of a map if you are in that dojo.

9. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

Finally managed to get a Trap, too bad I can't level it in any significant way; I think the steal function must have been made much easier, because that item god's speed was like 100x mine. Just grinding a gold Makai Wars and Arcadia I stole from Pringer Z until my stats are high enough to be able to dent LoC item world normal mobs. The big red golem guy is overpowered as all hell once you get him, all you need to do is get him the max hp=survive with 1HP even on deathblows and he can't die in 1v1, since his first evility is full heal and +30% all stats when HP is less than 30%. Trying to find some more evility combos that work, so far I've found that one and Sicily with her normal 75% all elemental resist+slime's Gel Body for 75% physical resist; she could actually make a decent Protect mule once I get her high enough, especially since I got a lollipop on my last IW run (50% HP heal at end of each turn). I'm thinking that using the counters never miss and force counter on a fist user would be a good combo, for some things. Some people suggest never give up (Asagi's extra 3 hits when you get a team attack) with second attack, that would probably work well too.

I'm curious to see what the DLC characters get, I know some of them but a ton aren't mentioned yet that I've seen. Metallica's is basically Emizel's but doubled, Overlord Prier is map cleaner, and Ash's is 20% damage per turn passed with a 240% cap, which is pretty retarded strong. Hopefully this week we get the Rozalin/Adell/Lilliel characters, I've always really liked Adell's special, and Lilliel is draw by Noizi Ito which I never pass up, they are one of my favorite artists.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Stealing probably works the same way it does in D4, which is based on level instead of stats. Having a level 9999 Thief meant you had 99% success rate on every monster in the game regardless of stats.

11. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

Finally managed to beat the Pringer Z map, only way it's possible (without a ton more grinding) is with a Knight using 80% defend stance and full map protect, with a lollipop equipped...even then, with 3 300 traps, I barely managed, had to whittle them down by first stacking them all on top of the Knight and lets their AoEs kill each other, then bringing out some of my DPS and hoping protect procced when he countered/targeted them. Oddly, shop level 12 didn't unlock, only 1000% cheat shop, I thought shop 12 was Pringer Z. Next I guess I have to clear it on LoC to get the final cheat shop unlock on Prinny tab...

12. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

Here's the DLC schedule someone found

Adell, Rozalin & Liliel - November 5th, 2013
    Mao & Salvatore - November 12th, 2013
    Zetta, Alexander & Pram - November 26th, 2013
    Marona, Metallica & Ash - December 10th, 2013
    Overlord Prier, Himan Prier & Eclair- January 14th, 2014
    Nisa, Gig & Plume - January 28th, 2014

Another whole week for Lilliel ;-;

Working on maxing out a Genesis Wand right now, I have about half the item world prize bonuses so far, Rising Flag is really nice, 10% all stats increase at character levelup, you get it around 1200 floors. IW is getting boring as hell but I don't even stand a chance against LoC PringerZ yet, my fully buffed damage against single target is about 90M, and there are 4 Pringer Zs with 2.3B HP each in there...

13. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

I finally had some time to play and finally unlocked CoO6. and then it slammed me when I got to darkdeath evilman, I couldn't just overpower everything and get lucky with some other things with just one character. Also, I actually need to item world this game (the last few games I had just been blowing off the item world simply because I didn't see it as being worth the time, wondering how I survived without it now).

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Mah main man Adell! He always seems be in the first wave of DLC for every Disgaea game now.

15. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

I just found a much faster/more efficient method of grinding, no need for IW past getting items strong enough to kill 1 mob on a map; just put LoC and Rasetsu on and start on map 1-1, damage+HIT buff your attacker, cycle through the other 7 people as combo builders, and attacker does much more damage due to combo bonus. As long as you can kill 1 enemy doing this, you should be leeching hundreds of thousands all stats from each kill. I started on 6-1 because my items were already strong enough and the map is built for grinding, and after 30 minutes I have literally around 70x all stats.

16. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

i MIGHT get this at some point. The only other Disgaea game i have is 4 and the tutorial hurt my brain and i haven't played it since :'(

17. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

4 is actually a really good game. I only like this one more because I hate magichange/fusion, and that system was pretty much necessary for end endgame.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

What's "End Endgame"? I've recently been replaying D4 just to get the Platinum trophy (Screw Pirate Ships) before moving over to DD2 and a simple 300% Apt with r0 Perfect gear puts you at max stats (99.99mil).
    Baal was a complete joke in D4 and LoC Pringer X was getting 2-shot by my lesser characters that have ~30mil stats.
    Last edited by Dark Link; 2013-10-30 at 05:58 PM.

19. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

You pretty much need fused DESCO to make grinding tolerable.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Oh right for Ordeal 4. Yeah, that's one thing I really disliked about D4. Couldn't just use normal Big Bang. Had to use a gimmicky Desco + Nekomata.
    Last edited by Dark Link; 2013-10-31 at 10:28 PM.