IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Humans vs Zombies

Hello good people of Southperry! A zombie apocalypse is about to descend in Cornell University, Ithaca and I would like your advice on how to stay alive! I'll also keep this thread open as a log of some sort, I guess, ha ha.

Rules:
    All buildings and vehicles (except bikes, I think) are safe.
    You must wear an armband, which is always visible. When tagged by a zombie, fully, I have to give them an id code, and switch my armband to a headband. Also, I can't tag other people immediately, because it takes 10 minutes for the zombie virus to go through my system.
    I could be armed with as many socks as I want. I can't put anything in the sock, and I can only throw one at a time. If I hit a zombie with a sock, it can't do anything for 10 minutes.
    There are various missions like once every 2 days where I could go and receive power-ups, ie extra life, "shotgun" (throw multiple socks at once.)

Help is said to arrive in a week, and the virus is said to arrive and mutate into a zombie-like form on October 17th. Any tips to survive, fellow Southperryans?

2. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

STICK IN PACKS DAMMIT IN PACKS

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

Corn, you know that I play this game (and my university's HvZ game happens starts next week!). Though it does suck you cannot use Nerf blasters (Cornell's fear-mongering OP)

Anyways....

- You have the range advantage throwing socks. Use that to your advantage
    - Try to get to your classes when there isn't a lot of pedestrian traffic around. Leave from your dorm early if you have to.
    - Embedding yourself in a crowd is not a good idea, as it'll reduce your situational awareness by a lot. A zombie can come up and touch you right there and there
    - In your situation - socks only - train yourself to be able to hold off 3-4 zombies at once.
    - Also, since you're using socks, try to keep a low profile when moving around
    - If you school's buildings connect to one another via indoor tunnels, bridges, etc, MAKE USE OF THEM. Saves you from getting tagged and allows you to get to class safely.
    - Know how to juke. Yes, in HvZ, juking can really come in handy. It can make the difference between getting zombified or buying critical seconds to stun that zombie.
    - Know alternative routes to getting to and from your classes and dorm, as well as to and from missions. Coincidentally, this also serves as a good way to get to know your university's campus better =D
    - Be wary of potential ambush spots. This includes corners of buildings, blind spots, bushy areas, or any area of concealment that will give the chasing zombie a few second head start on you. Veteran zombie players can get REAL creative - in a safe and legal manner of course, and yes I've seen it all happen - so anything can happen.
    - Know the situations when you can engage and when you CANNOT engage. Learn to GTFO early to a safe area if you have to.

Also, viewing footage of HvZ gameplay from universities around the nation on YouTube is also a great idea. You can see how players act and react, as well as their gameplay tactics.

4. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

If you can do parcour, you're set.

5. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

I'd like to point out that by participating in such activities you are greatly minimizing your chances of getting laid.

6. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

pineapple socks, get an axe. And I hope you can run fast, fatty.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

Y so srs? And why so judgmental? Why are you making such bigoted, insulting comments about an activity you may not have participated in first-hand?

Why does college have to be serious all the time?

Can't one participate in their choice of activities and not be ostracized for it?

Why does Corn have to adhere to the "activities" that all college students are "expected" to do?

College's the last time someone can have a bit of fun. And "fun" can come in a wide variety of ways, not by a "set definition". One can do whatever activities he or she wants. And if one wants to be silly, go for it. Being in college only happens once. Once real life hits like a truck, the opportunities for having fun narrows.

Also, by ostracizing Corn for his choice of activities, you're basically ostracizing me by association. I play HvZ at my university every semester, and I'm very well damn proud of it. Judge me all you want for my choice of activities, but at the end of the day, playing this live-action game was one of the best things I ever did in college. Its a stress reliever, a different flavor of fun, as well as adding a unique mix to my college experience.

And the best part? I didn't need to get laid to meet others or to enjoy what I like to do during my spare time. Through HvZ, I met a wide variety of people, some whom I could have never have a chance to meet if it weren't for HvZ. In fact, some of my best friends I made in college came from playing HvZ, and they are all great, unique individuals that I enjoy their company with.

8. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

9. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Just play some DayZ, and you'll be fine. *chuckles* Just kidding...or am I.
    Seriously though...
    -Stay low at any necessary moment.
    -Take the scenery as some sort of cover. Hide behind bushes, parked cars, people, whatever works. (However, behind people is not the best idea.)
    -PARKOUR FOR YOUR LIFE.
    -Think ahead and consider places that could turn into "Hot Spots".
    -NEVER SOLO. STAY WITH
    Ithaca AT ALL TIMES. (I hope you have some type of communication besides phones.)
    -Even with a group, or just Ithaca, know your limits. Flee if you have to.
    -Never back yourself into a corner. NEVER.
    -If you end up getting chased, find a way to bottleneck the zombies.
    -Conserve everything.
    -Have fun. Or else watch the morale die.

...Okay wait, what's this HvZ I'm hearing about? Someone mind telling me what this is about?

10. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

It doesn't change the fact that it's ignorant or stupid. Racism is an opinion too, should I swallow that? lol I'm surprised he made a comment like that it leaves him open to quite the wrecking.

11. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

In a previous letter, I stated that KhainiWest's head is so far in rectal defilade it would require major surgery to extricate it. That will be my position in this letter, as well. First, the misinformation: KhainiWest suggests that he is cunctipotent. Where the heck did he come up with that? You see, teenagers who want to shock their parents sometimes maintain—with a straight face—that KhainiWest is a martyr for freedom and a victim of jingoism. Fortunately, most parents don't fall for this fraud because they know that over the years, I've enjoyed a number of genuinely pleasurable (and pleasurably genuine) conversations with a variety of people who understand that KhainiWest's remonstrations have grown into the world's greatest enslavers of human minds. In one such conversation, someone pointed out to me that just as night follows day, KhainiWest will dismantle national civil rights organizations by driving a wedge between the leaders and the rank-and-file members sooner than you think.

It wasn't so long ago that people like you and me were free to dole out acerbic criticism of KhainiWest and his phalanx of larcenous representatives. Recently, that's become a lot harder to do. What happened that changed things so much? To put it briefly, KhainiWest happened. By feeding us ever-larger doses of his lies and crackpot assumptions, KhainiWest has managed to lead us into an age of shoddiness—shoddy goods, shoddy services, shoddy morals, and shoddy people.

Many innocent people are being manipulated into defying the rules of logic by the most sickening display of disorganized cant that I have ever witnessed in my entire life. KhainiWest is causing all sorts of problems for us. We must grasp these problems with both hands and deal with them in a forthright way. Let me try to put this in perspective: To say that KhainiWest is an irreplaceable shaman who can cure the sick, divine the hidden, and control events is lousy nonsense and untrue to boot. I'll repeat what I've already said: KhainiWest's views manifest themselves in two phases. Phase one: cause pain and injury to those who don't deserve it. Phase two: achieve total world domination. Ceterum censeo, one of KhainiWest's most querimonious chargés d'affaires is the point man in a process of creeping fascistization of our society.

12. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

Roll the socks up into balls; they'll fly further that way.

That the only advice I can come up with at the moment...

13. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

Can you run to retrieve your socks? Are there currently a lot of zombies around?

Don't be alone, don't get in a group >4. 3 is a nice number.

Hadriel

14. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

My chances of getting laid are negative at the moment, so I think it might actually increase my chances.

15. Default Re: Humans vs Zombies

Great! Go search for a zombie killing partner and good luck!

By the way, is it legal to tie a string to the sock and use it as a flail?

16. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

Nope :3. Can't stick anything in the sock either.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

In general, mace-type weapons in HvZ are considered OP and are not allowed for use in-game.

However, I'm not all too familiar with the nooks and crannies of Cornell's HvZ rules, so I'll leave it to Corn to give you the definitive answer.

(Corn, y u so ninja )